2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well thats just false.

He was the DC at Wisconsin in 2011 & 2012 - both years they gave up fewer ppg than in 2010  (he had a top 20 defense in points allowed both seasons).

He was the DC at Arkansas in 2013 - they did give up .6 more ppg than the 2012 team (they finished 89th in points allowed).

He was the DC (co) at Ohio St in 2014 & 2015  - both teams gave up fewer ppg than the 2013 team.  The 2015 team was 2nd in the nation in points allowed. the 2014 team was 26th in the nation.

Actually it's not.  He's only been a full DC once...and that was 1 year at Arkansas which as you pointed out was worse the year he was there than it was the year before...AND the year after he left

Arkansas -

Opposing teams' completion % was 62% the year before he got there (2012) and 65% during his year as DC and 55% the year after he left (2014)

Opposing teams' average rush was 3.4 yards in 2012 and 4.7 yards in 2013 and 3.5 yards in 2014

Yards per play went from 5.7 to 6.1 yards to 5.1 in 2014

As for points per game, you have to look at common opponents, and ranked opponents:

For common opponents I looked at their division in the SEC SEC SEC:

The year before Ash arrived, they gave up an average of 35.3, the year Ash was DC they gave up an average of 36.8, and the year after he left they gave up 18.5 in those games.

Against ranked teams the averages were:

2012  vs Alabama (1), South Carolina (12), and LSU (8) - 3 x avg. 7th - 36.7 ppg

2013 vs aggie (10), Florida (18), South Carolina (14), Alabama (1), Auburn (8), and LSU (15) -  6 x avg. 11th - 40.8 ppg

2014 vs Auburn (6), Aggie (6), Alabama (7), Georgia (10), Miss. State (1), LSU (20), Ole Miss (8), and Missouri (17) -  8 x avg. 9.4th - 22.1 ppg

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If he did, USC would be shouting it from the San Gabriel Mountains. They need any recruiting momentum they can get right now.

Yeah, I need to walk that back....from a sc reporter, from a recruit. 

I like it here, don't ban me....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MoJames said:

If true, who other than the kid from Louisiana is even on the radar to add to this amazing list...

2010: Greg Davis

2011: Bryan Harsin

2012: Bryan Harsin

2013: Major Applewhite

2014: Shawn Watson

2015: Jay Norvell

2016: Sterlin Gilbert

2017-19: Tim Beck

That is one big pile of shit 

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I don’t want to put my boner away.  I want to unleash it upon the world.  When will we have a new OC?

I don't have the weirdest boner right now.

I just want Ehlinger to see what Joe Burreaux is seeing - receivers running, three+ yards open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Orangebloods continues to do what it does - take money from the dumbest motherfuckers on the Internet and just make shit up as a work product. If I ever met the Anwar guy, I’d like to kick him immediately in the nuts. 

You assume there are nuts to be kicked, but that may be overreaching.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Orangebloods continues to do what it does - take money from the dumbest motherfuckers on the Internet and just make shit up as a work product. If I ever met the Anwar guy, I’d like to kick him immediately in the nuts. 

I was told you already had lunch with him and he put you in your place.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Actually it's not.  He's only been a full DC once...and that was 1 year at Arkansas which as you pointed out was worse the year he was there than it was the year before...AND the year after he left

Wisconsin as well.  But I think the fair thing to point about about Ash is that he's a secondary coach first.  He's has always been Co-DC to or had a Co-DC to help run the front.

That's not much of a slight.  UGA is the only team I know off the top of my head not structured that way (because Smart fills in as their secondary coach).

But we aren't going to hire him and keep both Naivar and Washington.  Giles has been here forever, but I don't know if anyone thinks he fills in real well at Co-DC.

19 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Wisconsin as well.  But I think the fair thing to point about about Ash is that he's a secondary coach first.  He's has always been Co-DC to or had a Co-DC to help run the front.

That's not much of a slight.  UGA is the only team I know off the top of my head not structured that way (because Smart fills in as their secondary coach).

But we aren't going to hire him and keep both Naivar and Washington.  Giles has been here forever, but I don't know if anyone thinks he fills in real well at Co-DC.

Great point on a Co-DC setup being used for lots of CFB coaching staffs.  If Chris Ash is hired for the Texas job, Mensa should bring in a strong DL/LB coach to help balance the defensive coaching staff.