2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

In the very near future,  salaries for  top OC’s and top DC’s will be getting $3million/yr.  Why not go after the best and offer him $3 million/yr now?   I know Scalley is getting torch right now vs Oregon, but I think he is still the best out there along with Steele. Let’s get one of them, add Harrell ( same 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛) and move forward.   Plus if Tom doesn’t last, all of those mentioned above could get promoted to HC, pending on how they performed in 2020. 

7 minutes ago, Jester’s Inn said:

In the very near future,  salaries for  top OC’s and top DC’s will be getting $3million/yr.  Why not go after the best and offer him $3 million/yr now?   I know Scalley is getting torch right now vs Oregon, but I think he is still the best out there along with Steele. Let’s get one of them, add Harrell ( same 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛) and move forward.   Plus if Tom doesn’t last, all of those mentioned above could get promoted to HC, pending on how they performed in 2020. 

Because we’re Texas

Herman,, you dumb fuck, we're after Graham not Sam.  Go to USC's bowl practices.

You obviously don’t know what it means to go full mensa. The target was Sam all along. Graham was the smokescreen. Duh. Maybe one day you’ll have full appreciation for Densa power moves.

We”re fucked until 2021. Just get urban.

• Like 2

When did Chad Morris not become an option. He was the best when at Clemson and some people just are not made to be HC's (Herman) at P5 program. I mean he is probably looking for a job and 1.5 to 2 million should easily get him. His track record is a lot better than Harrells. His offense would work better with what Herman and Hand like to do.

• Like 1

So you think we should drop $3M per coordinator and if the season is bad enough for Herman to get fired we promote one of them?

LA Times / USC offers offensive coordinator Graham Harrell a new contract 

Spoiler

After making the decision to retain its head football coach, USC has made a move to hold onto offensive coordinator Graham Harrell, whose successful debut with the Trojans has made him one of the most coveted coaches on the college carousel.
USC offered Harrell a new contract on Friday, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke on the condition on anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.
It’s up to Harrell to decide if he’d like to continue coaching at USC, where he required just one season to transform a moribund offense into one of the nation’s most explosive attacks.
The offer, which is believed to include a sizable raise, comes soon after Harrell, a Texas native, interviewed for the same job at Texas. The details of the offer were unclear on Friday, but as Texas looms, USC is attempting to move swiftly to secure Harrell.
That urgency became clear quickly after new athletic director Mike Bohn announced the decision to retain Clay Helton on Wednesday. In a sit-down with reporters, soon after the announcement, Bohn offered impromptu praise of Harrell, calling his Air Raid offense “impressive by any standard.”
Maintaining that standard is expected to cost USC significantly. Bohn promised a “redoubled commitment to tools, resources and access to things that are going to help them be successful.”

Many within and around the program believe that’s a price worth paying. Harrell was hired in January, after Kliff Kingsbury abruptly departed to become the coach of the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals. Harrell quickly earned plaudits from players and coaches, as his offense radically simplified the scheme USC had run the season before.
The Trojans have the fifth-most proficient passing attack in the nation behind the unexpected rise of Kedon Slovis, who arrived at USC as an overlooked three-star recruit. Under Harrell’s watch, Slovis stepped in for injured quarterback JT Daniels and emerged as one of the best young passers in college football, throwing for 3,242 yards and 28 touchdowns.

Max Slovis, Kedon’s father, said this week that Harrell was one of “the single most influential people in Kedon’s growth.”

Would like to get Jerry Gray back to the 40. As a AHC/CB's coach or Co-D-Co. He would bring some much need CB and/or Safety coaching' plus more importantly structure/discipline to the team since Herman can't figure out this himself. We need two older and well structured guys in top capacities on each side of the ball, because I don't think Herman can handle this by himself. He if doesn't hire coaches similar to this. We are just falling further behind.

5 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I have a gut feeling that if we land Harrell, we will be getting our own version of Lincoln Riley.  When Herman inevitably gets shitcanned, Harrell takes over and away we go.  To me I'm just getting those vibes the more I read about the guy.

I thought this myself.  With a good DC, it’s on.

6 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I have a gut feeling that if we land Harrell, we will be getting our own version of Lincoln Riley.  When Herman inevitably gets shitcanned, Harrell takes over and away we go.  To me I'm just getting those vibes the more I read about the guy.

Agree. Dude knows his shit and will be a HC somewhere in 2 years, whether its in Texas or elsewhere

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Agree. Dude knows his shit and will be a HC somewhere in 2 years, whether its in Texas or elsewhere

Yep, and I'd lay money it's Texas.  Harrell will be liked by all (good ole boy Texas demeanor) and Herman will continue to be despised by most cause he's a dick.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

If Harrell is good, Herman will be here for Graham's tenure.

If you were Harrell why would you roll the dice with Tom Herman and Texas?

Coaches and players often see things differently than fans and media. You and me may see it as rolling the dice, while Harrell probably sees it as an opportunity to prove himself, and probably has enough confidence in himself/ego to believe he'll succeed.

Or maybe that's the way he feels about the situation at USC.

And then there'$ money$, if it all adds up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1