2020 Coaching Staff

Just now, elguapo said:

So you don’t have a real reason, thanks.

Let me be more clear... He has built a winning program at Baylor and there's no reason to believe it won't continue. He has no ties to Texas so he has no reason to come. He's stated many times that he's about more than just making money...and he'll make plenty of it at Baylor.

So you tell me why he should come? Other than a bigger paycheck what does he gain?

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Lack of pressure from our front has less to do with the DL coaching or talent and more to do with Orlando’s scheme. How often did you see our best pass rusher actually rushing the passer?  Most downs he seemingly was back-pedaling 15 yards down field. 

Orlando was more interested in scheming up exotic blitzes than he was in allowing our big guys go and try to whoop ass of the guy across from them. 

exactly, he was coaching like he was at Houston playing with Houston players and trying to upset OU/FSU.  Tom herman completely fucked up by not seeing Orlando's D was getting exposed last year after a year of film.

17 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Let me be more clear... He has built a winning program at Baylor and there's no reason to believe it won't continue. He has no ties to Texas so he has no reason to come. He's stated many times that he's about more than just making money...and he'll make plenty of it at Baylor.

So you tell me why he should come? Other than a bigger paycheck what does he gain?

Lets be clear, he had a winning season. We have not seen yet if hes built a winning program

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Lets be clear, he had a winning season. We have not seen yet if hes built a winning program

Fair point... but I'd feel better about his successes if I'm a Baylor fan than I do about ours as a Texas fan. 

Edited by Mo Horn

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Just more bullshit Mensa fed us to make it sound like he’s ultra detailed-oriented, lol.

Disagree here.  Just because he did a lot of things wrong doesn’t mean he did everything wrong.  I don’t remember losing many (if any) players to cramps the past few years.  

42 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Right. USC ran the ball something like 49% of thebtime this year. He would mesh his offense with Herman’s to some degree. And I think that would be awesome. 

most of the Leach guys that are from Texas High Schools have a lot of Briles O in them.  Briles O runs the ball a ton.  Leach is a true Mumme disciple.

I'm sure Harrell has some of that in him as well from his dad.

Disagree here.  Just because he did a lot of things wrong doesn’t mean he did everything wrong.  I don’t remember losing many (if any) players to cramps the past few years.  

I didn’t say he was wrong, but something you wouldn’t hear a head coach talking about. We need to get some fake cramps next year @LSU.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

If Harrell was mensa, he should just stay at SC while kicking some ass, wait a few years and wait for Texas to hire the "hottest new co-ordinator" for head coach.  Its what we do.

Yup. GH is actual Mensa. Dragging out this OC hire for CTH only to stay at USC for a year, to guarantee 2020 for UT is another flop. Then GH can just replace Tom as head coach in 2021.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Can you paraphrase for us?  I can’t get it to skip ahead to the 27:00 mark on my phone. 

22 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Can you paraphrase for us?  I can’t get it to skip ahead to the 27:00 mark on my phone. 

Basically Roach said, “it’s hard to rush out of the 4i, but it’s something we gotta deal with, it felt good to get out on the edge, I played there a lot as a freshman, felt good to do it again and get after the quarterback.”

3 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

Lashee learned under Malzahn. How much of their current offense is air raid. 

Lashlee learned under Malzhan but has spent the last two seasons running Dykes air raid offense. 

In in an attempt to make chicken salad out of chicken shit - UConn’s offense improved by nearly 9 points per game when he took over in 2017. 

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’m not sure what Lashlee brings to the table. He’s obviously heavily influenced by Gus and limited time elsewhere. Gus ran him off and I wouldn’t begin to know the extent of his current role.

I always thought that Lashlee wanted to move on and not be tied to Malzahn for the rest of his career. 

Just now, Rhinotx said:

I always thought that Lashlee wanted to move on and not be tied to Malzahn for the rest of his career. 

That’s what they portrayed but Gus wasn’t happy with him and didn’t want to fire his protege. He got him a soft landing spot kind of like what Herman tried to do with a couple coaches last year. Think about it, who goes from Auburn to UConn to SMU? I’m not saying he couldn’t make a good OC, but why wouldn’t he have left for a somewhat equal gig if he was a good coordinator?

• Like 1