2020 Coaching Staff

The corollary: everyone knows Harrell is not a comfort hire or a buddy hire. 

But isn't he an "almost comfort" hire? I mean, Herman did coach Bru McCoy for two seconds, who Harrell also coached, so shouldn't we be wringing vag over this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Ugh they make me so uncomfortable, wondering if the bottom half will even get a drop of cheese or any other topping on them. I DIDN'T ORDER CHIPS!

My sources tell me the new nacho vendor layers the cheese and chips to fill the gaps. 

• Like 1

My sources tell me the new nacho vendor layers the cheese and chips to fill the gaps. 

I wonder if he’ll put the chips on the outside of the bowl to contain the cheese, or will he have the chips placed on the inside, looking for a fork or spare fingers to the responsible for containment. Or perhaps a blockade of tomatoes.

(Eric Nahlin) Fact Patterns and Inside Info: 12/8/19

As we wait for news on the Graham Harrell pursuit to break one way or the other, let's juxtapose fact patterns with the latest intel from behind the scenes.

- On Wednesday Harrell and Tom Herman met in Houston. We've heard the visit was excellent and Herman left the meeting feeling like Texas was in a great spot. Harrell mentioned he needed to talk things over with his wife/family and USC.

- Of course USC was going to counter and that happened on Friday, the same day USC was set to host five or six official visitors for the weekend. Not only was USC going to give Harrell something to think about, it doesn't seem likely that he'd bail on good guy Clay Helton the same day they were set to host visitors. USC's class is horrid right now, I can't see Harrell leaving Helton to deal with the fallout of his departure while preparing to host important recruits.

- On Friday night, Herman went to the Ennis vs Aledo playoff game. I don't think that happens unless Herman feels really good about UT's chances to close the deal.

- Saturday came and went with little fanfare but plenty of freakout. Harrell did retweet this:

Would Harrell do that if he knew he was leaving? Perhaps not. Would he do that if he was still deliberating? Probably so. He still works for USC. Saturday evening our old friend, the Big Cigar, had this to say regarding rumors SMU OC Rhett Lashlee was a target: “Really weak. We aren’t going to pussy foot with a page three back up while we are waiting for our guy to formally accept.”

Putting everything I know together, I think Harrell told Herman he was likely coming to Texas but that he needed to think about it, especially after talking things over with USC. The timing of the weekend, plus the way Harrell is wired, wasn't going to lend itself to a quick response. If he was returning to USC, USC would want to promote the hell out of that and use the positive momentum over the course of the visit weekend. That did not happen. It was never likely that Harrell would take the wind out of the visit weekend sails by accepting the job over the weekend.

Things are quiet behind the scenes with some sources who were previously pretty vocal. That tends to happen the closer you get to a decision. After messaging with a couple other sources, I feel confident in stating:

- Texas still likes its chances
- I still believe the family would prefer a return to Texas

One good source did indicate that Harrell was still deliberating. I think it's likely he has a good idea of what he's going to do and is just waiting for the right time to announce it to the world. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, then he's truly torn.

On the DC search, Barry Odom is a real candidate but he may get Memphis, which is a good job. He'd be a great hire for them. Texas has always seemed more intent on landing Harrell first then focusing on the DC search.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I wonder if he’ll put the chips on the outside of the bowl to contain the cheese, or will he have the chips placed on the inside, looking for a fork or spare fingers to the responsible for containment. Or perhaps a blockade of tomatoes.

Well on your 3rd bite your going to have to get a fork from a few vendors away. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He may have turned us down already. How would we know?  He’s not required to run to social media to publicly reject a job offer. 

He would have advertised it to USC targets if that were the case. That's a pretty strong piece of circumstantial evidence.

Meanwhile, you know what's weak? Our program, because we're reduced to rejoicing over circumstantial evidence related to whether or not our top OC target did or did not accept a counter-offer from his current employer.

It's almost like we don't know how to make nachos or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He may have turned us down already. How would we know?  He’s not required to run to social media to publicly reject a job offer. 

He might not but if USC knows he's staying they're going to be putting that out everywhere. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Because unless he's considering another offer it makes a ton of sense to publicly announce that you're staying at USC on an OV weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because unless he's considering another offer it makes a ton of sense to publicly announce that you're staying at USC on an OV weekend.

Or, you privately announce internally and to the recruits like it’s all one big secret that they’re in on, but yeah I’m overthinking this. 

I guess we're all assuming it's really down to UT and USC. So if he's returning to USC, then both he and the university are out of their got damn minds not letting their recruits know.

I don't know if he is coming here.
Bet they wouldn't announce Harrell before early signing day, to give USC the opportunity to keep their early commitments.

Fuck that. Announcing Harrell early gives UT a bump in their recruiting, why would they throw away that advantage to help USC?

• Like 2

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Fuck that. Announcing Harrell early gives UT a bump in their recruiting, why would they throw away that advantage to help USC?

Texas likely wouldn’t get a bump in recruiting over the next couple weeks no matter what. Relationships take time and maybe plans are being communicated to the recruits already committed. 

Texas likely wouldn’t get a bump in recruiting over the next couple weeks no matter what. Relationships take time and maybe plans are being communicated to the recruits already committed. 

Sure, "likely" not, but you would still want that information out there for any recruits on the fence.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Sure, "likely" not, but you would still want that information out there for any recruits in the fence.

Texas doesn’t exactly hold a position of power at the moment. If he’s who they want, they’ll compromise with him. Just speculating because I don’t know shit, as usual.