10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Looks like Eli is Mizzu bound...

Eli Drinkwitz who?

Eli.

Who?

Eli Drinkwitz, him. That guy.

Which guy!

The Missouri coach! Drinkwitz. HIM!

i know Pinkle had a drinking problem, but Damn. that’s not cool. He’s like dead or has cancer or something. Seriously not cool bro.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:28 PM, SydneyCarton said:

When Morris got to SMU, he started with a 2 win team and left them with a 7-5 team. He markedly improved them every single season. It’s why he got the Arkansas job. And clemson might have gotten better after he left, but he’s generally seen as a big part of what started Clemson graduating to the next level. 

let’s not imply he’s dogshit. He’s pretty fucking good and was a stud HS coach here in Texas as well. 

June Jones skullfucked SMU and left it a very, very bad situation from a player development, recruiting, etc standpoint. dude phoned it in most of 2013 and phoned it in so hard in 2014 that he was fired (sorry, "reassigned" 2 games in)

Morris came into what was a a very, very bad situation.

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Sexy and promiscuous?

I’ve always thought Michael Knight’s mother was some sort of angry and abusive lunch lady that has never laughed, smiled, not a tee-hee in her life. If not, how does one explain his origins? The organic spawn of sarvanaash bawling while molesting a mother gaia statue in a San Francisco tranquility garden is about the only other answer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So, uh, we’re not getting Harrell are we?

If you were in his position, assuming money and job titles are equal (even assuming USC is more money to account for higher cost of living), and you had no direct ties to either school (not an alum, etc), what would you do?

Generally speaking, living in California would suck sweaty balls, but living in LA with a ton of cash might not be that bad.  And if his long term goal is to end up back in Texas, I'm not sure now is the time to make the jump as Herman may only have 1-2 years left.

If I have to try to be completely unbiased here, I think I'd stay at USC.  Now, that doesn't take into account possible family in Texas or wife's family or whatever.  No clue how that may play a role for him.

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Coaches on the hot seat struggle to get top coordinators.

Usually true, but in Harrell's case, Helton is on just as hot a seat (if not hotter) as Herman.  So, a unique exception there.

See Strong and Gilbert. Gilbert was decent but was also third choice.

Yeah, we swing and miss on Helton and I'm seeing this going down as Sterlin 2.0.  And Gilbert may have been decent, but he wasn't near decent enough to turn things around and save Chuckles' ass.  Herman will need someone who can do that.

Edited by Landomatic

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Damn, what was this plane doing in Springdale, Arkansas (Fayetteville) last week?

If it's a charter the flight history doesn't really matter. Some other entity hired it yesterday. If it's a university owned plane then that's a valid question. 

Also, I frequently mention around here how silly it is that Texas fans worry that we look dumb during coaching searches. Everyone looks dumb during coaching searches. Just last week Florida State's school president was publicly begging for money related to theirs, for crying out loud.

But if we're skimping around with a G150 instead of a G650 then I don't quite know what to say. For shame.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, I frequently mention around here how silly it is that Texas fans worry that we look dumb during coaching searches. Everyone looks dumb during coaching searches. Just last week Florida State's school president was publicly begging for money related to theirs, for crying out loud.

But if we're skimping around with a G150 instead of a G650 then I don't quite know what to say. For shame.

to be fair, the FSU situation is a dumpster fire in kind of every way

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We don’t Jump Seat poop. 

we’re Texas.  

Catching up on this thread. LOL at thinking Eli D would be remotely interested in coming here as a coordinator. Yes, the sitting HC who left his P5 coordinator job to become a HC and just went 12-1 with a conference title is a candidate for offensive coordinator.

That is texags level delusion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4