2020 Coaching Staff

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And yet SB was pretty unremarkable under beck?

He was non existent with Beck and TH.  We did have Sam tho.  Any wonder why Sonny beat CS?  Herman needs to not screw this up.  He needs to not meddle with the play calling. 

THE way to know if Mensa is meddling:  If we are going for 1st down while on the opponents 35 with 4-5 yards to go while the game is within 7-10 points.  Also if we TURTLE at any time with the lead, we will know that Mensa is meddling with the OC.

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

Harrell uses plenty of 12 and 11 at USC, by the way 

I think that is Fozz's point.  He is adding his flavor to Helton's offense currently.  It's not realistic for us nor him to expect OC autonomy and a complete change of offense.

35 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

When it starts to really happen I don't think it will happen on this thread. The name of the thread will be like Harrell is coming / done deal/ etc with like 20 tweets on the first page with all the $9.95 trying to pretend they knew when it was happening. This thread is for therapy and the latest rumors or making up stuff just to see folks reactions.

And therein lies the rub.

It’s gonna be Lashlee and Ash. We’re gonna look better for the simple fact that Lashlee can call an offense with some fluidity and Ash will run a 4 down and teach fundamentals.  We’ll win 9-10 games with a CCG appearance and it’ll be Hermy another year.  Then we’ll do this all over in 21 and Herm will be gone.   

Edited by BurntOrangeBlooded15

2 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

It’s gonna be Lashlee and Ash. We’re gonna look better for the simple fact that Lashlee can call an offense with some fluidity and Ash will run a 4 down and teach fundamentals.  We’ll win 9-10 games with a CCG appearance and it’ll be Hermy another year.  Then we’ll do this all over in 21 and Herm will be gone.   

If we win ten, why would herm be gone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

So is Memphis the only job currently open that seems like it could be a fit for GH?   Obviously that's a no brainer if they offer it to him.

He doesn't seem to be on their radar, unless I'm missing something 

7 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ummm, No!!  I remember that OC search after the 2015 season vividly since I was an IT subscriber back than. Sonny Cumbie was choice 1A & Sterlin Gilbert was choice 1B.

This is why we flew the UT school president & AD to Tulsa to get Gilbert. Because if we didn't Gilbert, UT would be looking at hiring a meh list of 2nd wave OC candidates.

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There was another undisclosed candidate.

It's 4 years later. Can we find out who the supposed undisclosed candidate was?

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Super K says Odom may be a bigger possibility than he originally thought and we are in touch with his DC Walters to coach secondary. Also says expect to know yes or no on Harrell by Wednesday 

I'd be down for this.  Odom can fix the defense, go be a HC somewhere after a year or 2 and Walters can take over.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

What?  Harrell is coming to be passing game coordinator?

Have you not heard Herman since he got here?  The man wants to wash his hands of the offense and let someone else handle it. He would be perfectly happy running the program and recruiting and not having to step in and fix the offense.  If Harrell comes, it will be his show.

Then why didn't he get a new OC last offseason?

Yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

When it starts to really happen I don't think it will happen on this thread. The name of the thread will be like Harrell is coming / done deal/ etc with like 20 tweets on the first page with all the $9.95 trying to pretend they knew when it was happening. This thread is for therapy and the latest rumors or making up stuff just to see folks reactions.

I am expecting it to break on the recruiting thread of all places.....

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/N175EW-1575845955-5-0-157

More fun with flight tracking. Kendall Briles? Don't shoot the messenger... I'm just the flightaware conspiracy theorist. 

That plane is owned by N1235L LLC. According to the FAA, that entity’s address is located on Millers Bridge Road in Tallahassee. According to the Leon County Property Appraiser, that same address is a home owned by John T Burnett. Tallahassee local news reports indicate John “J.T.” Burnett is currently under indictment for being involved in a public corruption/bribery case. 

Kim Rivers, the CEO of Trulieve (a medical marijuana business in Florida), is a co-owner is the home on Miller’s Bridge Road.

They might be giving dirty money to FSU, but the plane isn’t connected to UT’s coaching search.

8 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

That plane is owned by N1235L LLC. According to the FAA, that entity’s address is located on Millers Bridge Road in Tallahassee. According to the Leon County Property Appraiser, that same address is a home owned by John T Burnett. Tallahassee local news reports indicate John “J.T.” Burnett is currently under indictment for being involved in a public corruption/bribery case. 

Kim Rivers, the CEO of Trulieve (a medical marijuana business in Florida), is a co-owner is the home on Miller’s Bridge Road.

They might be giving dirty money to FSU, but the plane isn’t connected to UT’s coaching search.

This is why I started this thread a few weeks into the season.

God bless you.

Apparently Odom is also being considered for DC job at Arkansas.  That would probably be an easier move and cultural fit for his family since he is basically a MO lifer, and it’s potentially less of a risk professionally since Pittman is getting a multi-year deal.  Of course we will be offering him a multi year deal if it comes to an offer but we can’t offer a guarantee that the HC will be around at least three years.  We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Apparently Odom is also being considered for DC job at Arkansas.  That would probably be an easier move and cultural fit for his family since he is basically a MO lifer, and it’s potentially less of a risk professionally since Pittman is getting a multi-year deal.  Of course we will be offering him a multi year deal if it comes to an offer but we can’t offer a guarantee that the HC will be around at least three years.  We’ll see. 

We can offer him better players to work with so he can get his next HC job sooner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

You do a good job of attempting to do something impossible with this post. Well done.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

What I've learned from this thread is that coaches are assholes.

Disagree; most coaches are dicks. Some coaches are pussies and think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because, pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes! And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Made me laugh. It doesn't take much to understand that UT DC is a better job than Arky DC.

the job people take is not always the “best” one offered.  Is that hard to understand?  Chris Peterson could have had any opening in college football including Texas over a period of about 7 years. But he chose....Washington.  

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

the job people take is not always the “best” one offered.  Is that hard to understand?  Chris Peterson could have had any opening in college football including Texas over a period of about 7 years. But he chose....Washington.  

He has a special needs child.   Another example?

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve always thought Michael Knight’s mother was some sort of angry and abusive lunch lady that has never laughed, smiled, not a tee-hee in her life. If not, how does one explain his origins? The organic spawn of sarvanaash bawling while molesting a mother gaia statue in a San Francisco tranquility garden is about the only other answer. 

close

Eric Nahlin: Expect this thing to go down with Harrell immediately. This week likely. 

Also Eric Nahlin a week later: I got a text on November 30th saying the coaches would not be hired until the third week of December.

Straight stealing 9.95 from people. Making it up as they go. 

Edited by Newy25

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He has a special needs child.   Another example?

Every case will have a non-football reason albeit a less extreme one.  The Scalley dude said no thanks because he believes in magic underwear or whatever and likes Utah.  Utah is clearly not a better job than Texas.  Jim Mora told Steve Patterson to fuck off while at UCLA. His family couldn’t do hot. 

50 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Right now, we are the ugly girl at the bar.

We're gonna have to up our slut game to get back in it, if we want to get laid before 2am.

We will never be the ugly girl at the bar. We’re the hot chick that has been fucked by every guy that bought her a drink over the past ten years. People talk about how hot we used to be and how hot we could be if we got our shit together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Every case will have a non-football reason albeit a less extreme one.  The Scalley dude said no thanks because he believes in magic underwear or whatever and likes Utah.  Utah is clearly not a better job than Texas.  Jim Mora told Steve Patterson to fuck off while at UCLA. His family couldn’t do hot. 

Scalley is the hciw, played at Utah and is a devout Mormon.   

mora, like any other non minority candidate, was fodder.   Never seriously considered 

I’m not familiar enough with Arkansas and Odom for me to judge but as big a shit show as we are, it’s a top five job at all levels.