2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Odom may not have Ryan Walters with him??

Missouri: Source tells FootballScoop Drink has offered to retain several of Barry Odom’s staff. We are told defensive line coach Brick Haley, DC/safeties coach Ryan Walters and defensive backs coach David Gibbs are all expected to remain on staff at this time.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/3-missouri-defensive-assistants-to-reportedly-stay-on-staff-under-eli-drinkwitz/

Key info there is "at this time"  as In they haven't been fired yet and aren't going to quit jobs until they have someplace new to go.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Another interesting Mizzu note:

Missouri: At his presser, Eli Drinkwitz notes that he will serve as offensive coordinator and play caller, and that he will also have a special teams coordinator that exclusively coordinates the special teams units.

I don't believe it. Calling plays and being a head coach is really, really....really really really hard, guys. 

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

wouldn't say he had a great season...nevertheless, from all accounts he was an absolute horse's ass while on staff at LSU.  damn near everybody hated him.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well he stood up to Orgeron and look where that got him.

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You've overstating how he did at LSU.  He was basically publicly castrated by Orgeron a game or two into the 2017 season

I mean. Now I really, really, really want him to be the OC at Texas. Is that wrong?

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Matt Canada. There's a guy I really struggle to understand why he's not employed. He must have worse halitosis than Matt Rhule and have a history of creepily watching his players shower. Does anyone have any insight as to why this guy can't keep a job? He was good a Pitt, had a great season at LSU, and was pretty good all things considered at Maryland. 

Everyone assumes he's related to Ron Mexico

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

South Austin's mother is a whore

Am I doing this right?

No, you're not doing it right. You've implied there's something wrong with South Austin's mom being a whore. GTFO if you can't appreciate her whore-ness, or anyone else's for that matter.

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

I don't get it. It's not like we're losing recruits. We should wait on good candidates because we're going to have to live with it next season.

It seems like the reason we haven’t announced any hirings is because the guys we’re after are up for Head Coaching jobs. Thats a good thing, no?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

What's a realistic but ambitious page count we can aspire to reach for this thread? 200? 

Considering we will likely be talking about firing them all this time next year, I think 200 is more of a floor than a ceiling.

Just now, Ricky Butler said:

We can't complain about not making good hires and then complain about not settling on lesser hires soon enough. Keep your chin up and have some self-confidence.

oh i definitely agree. shoot for the moon and make the pitch for why this opp is the best one for the best candidate(s). 

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Unless there is something he is trying to escape from in Baton Rouge, that move seems idiotic. 

And even if he does want out, there were better jobs than UNLV available. 

I can’t believe that UNLV is the best offer he’s gotten. I know LSU is a shit-hole, but he couldn’t stick it out one more season?

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is fucking bananas.  

If Orgeron got a hit of the air raid heroin this year and wants to go all in, that is going to affect the defense long term similar to how it did this year. That would make Aranda's star tarnish a bit, so now might be as good a time as any for him. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1