2020 Coaching Staff

12 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Jim Harbough had only ever been a position coach before Baltimore hired him as their HC.  That's worked out pretty good.

Personally, I think Pittman will turn out to be a  great hire.

John Harbaugh was a ST coordinator from 1988 to 2007 at Morehead St, Cincy and  Indiana and then spent 9 years as ST and DB coach for the Eagles before he was hired.

Let's not compare Pittman's history as an OL coach at UNC, Tenn, Ark and UGA to Harbaugh spending 9 years as a (Special Teams) coordinator in the NFL. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

If Harrell were coming, we would know by now.  Herman playing this close to the vest because he knows we won't like his hires unless it's GH or better.

If Harrell wasn't coming we would know by now - USC would have announced it.  Herman is taking his time because there is no reason to rush the hire.  He doesn't give a shit whether you or I 'like' his hire.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

If Harrell were coming, we would know by now.  Herman playing this close to the vest because he knows we won't like his hires unless it's GH or better.

And you could say if Harrell were staying at USC, or going to (insert), we would know by now. 

No one knows anything. 

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If Harrell wasn't coming we would know by now - USC would have announced it.  Herman is taking his time because there is no reason to rush the hire.  He doesn't give a shit whether you or I 'like' his hire.

Apparently he didn't give a shit about winning the B12 either.  He didn't get it done.  He hung onto comfort hires for too long.  Now he is staring at year 4 with many new coaches and a deadline.  From an objective view, it's not looking good for him.  We will likely overpay for an OC and underpay on the comfort hire for DC.  We've seen this before.  TH"s hubris and arrogance cost us and him this year.  IMO, the overly physical practices were the foundation for all the injuries.  Did he really think drinking 8 glasses of water a day would keep players from typical football injuries?

Edited by 2300 Nueces

2 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Harrell followed Dajon Harrison and and another Texas commit (I think Hayden Conner?) apparently last night on Twitter. #Twitterscience bodes well for us

When I look at MY follows on twitter, they're listed in order of the most recent accounts I followed.

When I look at Harrell's follows, Conner and Harrison aren't near the top. Not sure if that's how everyone's account follows are organized, but....

Edited by UncleBuck

I find most of the known names for DC pretty underwhelming. Idk if we’ll ever hear who the serious candidates for DC were, but I hope Herman has looked into NFL position coaches that are on the rise. Phil Snow was an NFL position coach before coaching with Rhule, and we could definitely money whip most NFL position coaches, as long as they’re willing to put up with recruiting. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think it's more "lost a coordinator hire to another school for the same job," which is way different than losing a coordinator to another school for a HC job. 

I thought he was asking last time one of our coordinators was hired away.  He used Robinson as an example.  He was DC in 04 and HC at Syracuse in 05.  Following that model Harsin is the last time we had a coordinator that moved on and up.  

2 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Harrell followed Dajon Harrison and and another Texas commit (I think Hayden Conner?) apparently last night on Twitter. #Twitterscience bodes well for us

Dunno where you got this, but I'm pretty sure he didn't. Likely someone else thinking the mobile/app twitter list of "following" is chronological. He's followed 1 person in the past few days and that's this QB from AL: https://247sports.com/player/robby-ashford-46043143/

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I find most of the known names for DC pretty underwhelming. Idk if we’ll ever hear who the serious candidates for DC were, but I hope Herman has looked into NFL position coaches that are on the rise. Phil Snow was an NFL position coach before coaching with Rhule, and we could definitely money whip most NFL position coaches, as long as they’re willing to put up with recruiting. 

Odom would give me the warm fuzzies

40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Whether he ends up here or not, this. If he knew he was staying, USC would know he was staying, and every offensive USC recruit who's holding his breath right now would know. And the Twiter sphere or whatever would be confirming it. Doesn't mean we're getting him, but it does mean no one other than GH, his agent, and his wife, have a clue. $9.95 please.

CDC and the football program need some serious PR and marketing help. We are out of alignment, there is a local marketing company in Austin that helped a fast food chicken chain, net an estimated $100 million in revenue gain from a single tweet. This whole waiting it out, is a bunch of nonsense, unless we are waiting for Saban to finish up his season so we can offer him the DB’s job and go after Kyle Shanahan for the QB coach, ....please. it’s obvious he is pulling the we are in no hurry line, when he has already promised the job to one of his buddies with no real search to be had. 

2 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

CDC and the football program need some serious PR and marketing help. We are out of alignment, there is a local marketing company in Austin that helped a fast food chicken chain, net an estimated $100 million in revenue gain from a single tweet. This whole waiting it out, is a bunch of nonsense, unless we are waiting for Saban to finish up his season so we can offer him the DB’s job and go after Kyle Shanahan for the QB coach, ....please. it’s obvious he is pulling the we are in no hurry line, when he has already promised the job to one of his buddies with no real search to be had. 

You should contact CDC and share this with him immediately. I'm sure he hasn't thought of any of this. Hell, CDC might even offer you an assistant AD position. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Dunno where you got this, but I'm pretty sure he didn't. Likely someone else thinking the mobile/app twitter list of "following" is chronological. He's followed 1 person in the past few days and that's this QB from AL: https://247sports.com/player/robby-ashford-46043143/

You don't "accidentally" see that someone followed someone else on twitter, either they're on the followers list or he made it up. Negged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

This is marvelous melange of having no idea how marketing, hiring, or college football work.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

You don't "accidentally" see that someone followed someone else on twitter, either they're on the followers list or he made it up. Negged.

he saying that Harrell was already following them, probably from last season when he was recruiting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Yes - Herman is worried how a bunch of internet fanboys will react to him hiring an offensive coordinator.  You give yourself too much credit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

That makes complete sense, and also means the op made up the "last night" part out of thin air.

When you look at someone's twitter follows on a computer, it shows most recent first.  When you look on the Twitter app, it shows mutual follows first.  This has led to an unreasonable amount of confusion in the recruiting world.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-lamar-fcs-tx-considering-multiple-coaches-with-fbs-coordinator-experience/

Tim Beck, who Tom Herman recently reassigned on the Longhorns staff after previously serving as the program’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach since joining the staff in 2017, as well as Southern Miss co-offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Scotty Walden are both very much in the mix sources tell FootballScoop.

Beck followed Tom Herman to Texas in 2017 after working together at Ohio State for two seasons. He’s been an assistant and coordinator at the major college level dating back to 2005 when he made the jump from head coach at Mansfield Summit HS (TX) to Kansas wide receivers coach. He added the pass game coordinator title with the Jayhawks in 2007, left to coach the running backs at Nebraska in 2008 and moved to quarterbacks with the offensive coordinator designation for the Huskers in 2011.

Just now, C'Mon Man said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-lamar-fcs-tx-considering-multiple-coaches-with-fbs-coordinator-experience/

Tim Beck, who Tom Herman recently reassigned on the Longhorns staff after previously serving as the program’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach since joining the staff in 2017, as well as Southern Miss co-offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Scotty Walden are both very much in the mix sources tell FootballScoop.

Beck followed Tom Herman to Texas in 2017 after working together at Ohio State for two seasons. He’s been an assistant and coordinator at the major college level dating back to 2005 when he made the jump from head coach at Mansfield Summit HS (TX) to Kansas wide receivers coach. He added the pass game coordinator title with the Jayhawks in 2007, left to coach the running backs at Nebraska in 2008 and moved to quarterbacks with the offensive coordinator designation for the Huskers in 2011.

As long as Beck moves AFTER we sign Bijan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/N302WC-1576072768-2-0-75

Ok, today has to be the day, so this is definitely the plane that's going to go pick up Harrell. 

Meh, Jeff Sandefer's plane. If I recall correctly he made his money the old fashioned way (daddy's oil and gas biz) and then grew the fortune with one of those fake diploma mills.