2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 hours ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

interestingly not a single word in there about dollars or revenue

it also includes this nugget, which basically makes it sound like the ad agency you keep pushing didn't really do as much as you think they did

If anything, people took too much notice. In August, the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich became a viral sensation on Twitter, and within a few weeks had sold out nationwide. But what was most impressive about the sandwich’s popularity? It all happened without Popeyes or the agency that handles its social media, GSD&M, enacting the media plan it had in place for the launch.

edit: i will stop posting about chicken heh

Edited by NoName

Chip Long would be an interesting hire. He bases out of the 11 personnel. Seems like he would mesh with Herman's preferred style. Plus coming from the Norvell and Petrino tree of offense would be nice. Though he also might be headed to Tallahassee, though we could easily outbid them.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super k says his usc sources are confident GH is staying 

take it to the appropriate thread please!

1 minute ago, NoName said:

interestingly not a single word in there about dollars or revenue

it also includes this nugget, which basically makes it sound like the ad agency you keep pushing didn't really do as much as you think they did

that's more like it.

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Do not want the article reads like a Herman presser. Throw the players under the bus.

For many on the outside looking in, Long has been the source of the problem. “Stale” and “unimaginative” have been the words to describe Long’s play-calling.

“I’m pleased with what Chip is doing in terms of his play calling,” Kelly said. “Now it’s a matter of executing at a higher level.”

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Brian-Kelly-Seeking-Answers-To-Offensive-Anemia-138047735/

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Honestly don’t think anyone knows anything. My guess nothing is resolved before NSD1. If GH was for sure staying at USC they would be shouting it from the rooftops

Our recruiting class is going to be absolutely wrecked if this is the case. We will lose a ton of our best recruits if we do not fill these positions before NSD1. This would be one of the worst calculations of the Tom Herman era and would seal his fate if he doesn’t get this resolved before then. I’m confident he knows this

52 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

John Chavis to be the new defensive coordinator for t.u.

(per cgsc Lobotomy/aggy) without any links:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/john-chavis-to-be-the-new-defensive-coordinator-for-tu/87343767/

beautiful

5WMRYQgM

Wow, from Tennessee all the way down to Tulane. 

What a plummeting career.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Chip Long would be an interesting hire. He bases out of the 11 personnel. Seems like he would mesh with Herman's preferred style. Plus coming from the Norvell tree of offense would be nice.

This.  Memphis hasn't hired a coach yet - but I haven't heard Chip's name mentioned and the in-house candidate is the heavy favorite right now.

Has Norvell hired an OC at FSU?  Would Long leave Notre Dame to go OC for Norvell again?

He definitely had an impact on Notre Dame's offense - and I like the idea of hiring a Norvell guy.

CDC and the football program need some serious PR and marketing help. We are out of alignment, there is a local marketing company in Austin that helped a fast food chicken chain, net an estimated $100 million in revenue gain from a single tweet. This whole waiting it out, is a bunch of nonsense, unless we are waiting for Saban to finish up his season so we can offer him the DB’s job and go after Kyle Shanahan for the QB coach, ....please. it’s obvious he is pulling the we are in no hurry line, when he has already promised the job to one of his buddies with no real search to be had. 

So when you finish your undergrad, where can I send you my venture capital?

2 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Our recruiting class is going to be absolutely wrecked if this is the case. We will lose a ton of our best recruits if we do not fill these positions before NSD1. This would be one of the worst calculations of the Tom Herman era and would seal his fate if he doesn’t get this resolved before then. I’m confident he knows this

You realize that is in a week right?

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  Memphis hasn't hired a coach yet - but I haven't heard Chip's name mentioned and the in-house candidate is the heavy favorite right now.

Has Norvell hired an OC at FSU?  Would Long leave Notre Dame to go OC for Norvell again?

He definitely had an impact on Notre Dame's offense - and I like the idea of hiring a Norvell guy.

Norvell already hired Dillingham.  Which seems to imply he wasn't at the top of Norvell's board.

3 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

We're 9 days from NSD1.  Most of the players in the class have been pretty vocal about the fact that they're all UT even after the coaching change.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Notre Dame finished with the 13th best scoring offense in college football.

Yet do a search on the guy and all you see about Notre Dame's offense is stagnant when they play good teams. He is looking probably because he is out. There is one homer article that pleads he be allowed to stay. We have seen those on Burt Orange Nation for Watson.

Edited by DanTheHorn

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Notre Dame finished with the 13th best scoring offense in college football.

...by running up the score against out-talented teams like New Mexico, Bowling Green, Boston College, and Stanford.

Against the two teams on their schedule with comparable talent levels (UGA and Michigan) his rushing attack was shut down in humiliating fashion and even with an experienced senior QB in Ian Book, the offense ground to a halt.

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  Memphis hasn't hired a coach yet - but I haven't heard Chip's name mentioned and the in-house candidate is the heavy favorite right now.  Has Norvell hired an OC at FSU?  Would Long leave Notre Dame to go OC for Norvell again?  He definitely had an impact on Notre Dame's offense - and I like the idea of hiring a Norvell guy.

Yesterday, a local Memphis paper possible list of candidates had Chip Long's name first after Ryan Silverfield

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2019/12/10/let-hunt-memphis-new-football-coach-begin-901/2630229001/

• Chip Long, Notre Dame offensive coordinator
  • Barry Odom, former Missouri coach and University of Memphis defensive coordinator (2012-14)
  • Billy Napier, Louisiana Lafayette head coach
  • Will Healy, Charlotte head coach
  • Bill Clark, UAB head coach
  • Dan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator
  • Joe Brady, LSU passing game coordinator/wide receivers coach
  • Tony Elliott, Clemson co-offensive coordinator/running backs coach
  • Graham Harrell, USC offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach
  • Hugh Freeze, Liberty head coach
Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Yesterday, a local Memphis paper possible list of candidates had Chip Long's name first...

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2019/12/10/let-hunt-memphis-new-football-coach-begin-901/2630229001/

• Chip Long, Notre Dame offensive coordinator
  • Barry Odom, former Missouri coach and University of Memphis defensive coordinator (2012-14)
  • Billy Napier, Louisiana Lafayette head coach
  • Will Healy, Charlotte head coach
  • Bill Clark, UAB head coach
  • Dan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator
  • Joe Brady, LSU passing game coordinator/wide receivers coach
  • Tony Elliott, Clemson co-offensive coordinator/running backs coach
  • Graham Harrell, USC offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach
  • Hugh Freeze, Liberty head coach

And Harrell 2nd to last so I don't think the order means anything. 

I believe what I read from the fan bases. When they are glad to see a guy go then we will eventually hate the hire. When the fan base is sorry to see a guy leave or are desperate to keep the guy then we probably have a good hire. This has been true since the HornFans.com days.  What has also been true is rationalizing away clear evidence about someone sucking due to a few things we like about one person. Like dismissing Herman always having the WTF loss and Orlando calling a crappy game against OU yet winning because OU shot itself in the foot. Plenty of people got negged for bringing up the obvious. Now we are living with it. So Chip Long sucks. He has stagnant offense against good teams. RRR would always suck for us under Long.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Get a hold of yourself

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

It's tough to distill it down to a top 20 but I'm in the process of doing just that. So far, there are 62 albums in my all-time top 20 and the process is both ongoing and fluid. 

How about top 25 in regular listening rotation? Or guaranteed to be played on a road trip? That would be more accurate for me.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

48 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

believe what I read from the fan bases. When they are glad to see a guy go then we will eventually hate the hire. When the fan base is sorry to see a guy leave or are desperate to keep the guy then we probably have a good hire

UMheads061119_035.jpg?width=300

And it works multiple ways.

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think I hate Chip Brown less than I hate Wescott Eberts. And I'd like to see Chip Brown flayed alive and then slowly set on fire a bit at a time. Maybe extinguishing the fire with some acid at times. 

I wouldn’t mind also adding evisceration and a pack of hyenas eating his intestines while staked out on top of several large ant mounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

are we allowed to copy and paste?   Per football scoop, Herman isn’t in a hurry and hasn’t offered anyone.   Harrell and Brady leaks had negative impacts

a) yes

b) what a wild leak, we were after the two most sought-after OCs on the market that had a reasonable reason to come to Texas. News at 11.

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

are we allowed to copy and paste?   Per football scoop, Herman isn’t in a hurry and hasn’t offered anyone.   Harrell and Brady leaks had negative impacts

Remind me what the Brady leak was? Just Anwar throwing shit at a wall and hoping it would stick by saying he is a leading candidate? 

Terribly late timing, but I just got a new PC + photoshop last weekend. 

Inspired by this post:

On 11/26/2019 at 9:47 AM, Horn Dog said:

Oh CDC, we have stability...10+ years of stable ass flavored football.   You want to keep this shit show nice and stable?  You go on ahead but not with one more cent of my money till Coach Boyardee is fired.

spacer.png

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 6