2020 Coaching Staff

Here you fucking savages and not the type Aaron Boone was yammering about:

Anwar RichardsonWell-Known Member

Texas football coach Tom Herman continues to move at his own pace during a methodical search to find a new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator.

It has been 10 days since Herman officially removed Tim Beck and Todd Orlando from their respective coordinator positions, and it does not appear the coach is in a rush to find replacements. The candidates who have been discussed are LSU’s Joe Brady, USC’s Graham Harrell, and former Rutgers coach Chris Ash. Ash was interviewed in Austin on Thursday, while Herman spoke to Harrell this past week. Neither has received an official contract offer. However, we know they are on Herman’s short list.

Meanwhile, FootballScoop.com reported Beck is a coaching candidate at Lamar.

Zach Barnett@zach_barnett

As Tom Herman hunts for two new coordinators, one former coordinator could be on his way out the door.https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-lamar-fcs-tx-considering-multiple-coaches-with-fbs-coordinator-experience/ …

Sources: Lamar (FCS - TX) considering multiple coaches with FBS coordinator experience - Football...

Sources tell FootballScoop that among the candidates being considered at Lamar (FCS – TX) are two coaches with recent FBS coordinator experience. Tim Beck, who Tom Herman recently reassigned on the...
footballscoop.com

9:13 AM - Dec 11, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Zach Barnett's other Tweets

Herman has been moving in silence. There are at least four offensive coordinators and defensive coordinators, respectively, Herman is interested in, but those names have been hard to come by. There has been a lot of speculation about Herman’s next moves, but the coach has been keeping a lot of people guessing.

That is by design.

Herman is so determined to keep information about his coaching searching under wraps, he recently tightened his inner circle. He is doing everything within his power to avoid the leaking of information because Herman believes that is the best method to interview and hire candidates to improve the football program, according to my sources.

Here is what I was learned this week.

One of the reasons Herman is fighting to make sure his candidate list is not leaked to the media is because he does not want to give opposing schools an opportunity to retain their current coaches.

For instance, after Herman’s interest in Brady became public, LSU coach Ed Oregon immediately declared there was a plan in place to keep his passing game coordinator. Meanwhile, Harrell was reportedly offered a new contract after Herman’s interest in the offensive coordinator became public. Needless to say, those are a few reasons why there has not been a lot of information out of Moncrief recently.

In addition, if information is leaked out, assistant coaches often feel outside pressure to remain with the team. When coaches do not want an assistant to leave, they will use a variety of tactics to get them to stay, especially for a lateral position and responsibility. From what I can tell, Herman is trying to avoid that scenario.

Meanwhile, my sources indicated Herman does not want opposing schools to use a candidate list against Texas in recruiting. Herman has tightened the screws because once a name becomes public, the concern withing the building is opposing schools can use misinformation about a candidate to negatively recruit against Texas.

My sources inside the building said Herman has been forced to address misinformation about his coaching search multiple times since making changes to his coaching staff. Nevertheless, I was told after Herman discredits those false reports, he and the staff are selling players on the opportunity to play for Texas.

In addition, Herman is attempting to build relationships with candidates before making a final decision. From what I have been able to gather, it is important to Herman for him to have chemistry with his future coordinators. Herman is not going to pull the trigger on a new hire until the chemistry is apparent, which ranges between coaching philosophies and simple day-to-day communication.

That is why there is no timetable on Herman’s decision.

I was told Herman’s is content to wait until after signing day to begin hiring coordinators. In my opinion, Herman could easily offer contracts to the coaches he has identified as top candidates at any moment. However, there is a chance Herman will wait another week to secure this year’s class before making his hires.

Typically, we hear about the top candidates, the backup plans, and know when every interview is taking place. It appears Herman prefers for everything to happen behind closed doors. Herman’s interview process does not result in sexy headlines, but his rationale makes sense.

Basically, every Longhorn observer is being forced to exercise patience.

Of course, that is easier said than done.

I will keep you posted.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Here you fucking savages and not the type Aaron Boone was yammering about:

Anwar RichardsonWell-Known Member

Texas football coach Tom Herman continues to move at his own pace during a methodical search to find a new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator.

It has been 10 days since Herman officially removed Tim Beck and Todd Orlando from their respective coordinator positions, and it does not appear the coach is in a rush to find replacements. The candidates who have been discussed are LSU’s Joe Brady, USC’s Graham Harrell, and former Rutgers coach Chris Ash. Ash was interviewed in Austin on Thursday, while Herman spoke to Harrell this past week. Neither has received an official contract offer. However, we know they are on Herman’s short list.

Meanwhile, FootballScoop.com reported Beck is a coaching candidate at Lamar.

Zach Barnett@zach_barnett

As Tom Herman hunts for two new coordinators, one former coordinator could be on his way out the door.https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-lamar-fcs-tx-considering-multiple-coaches-with-fbs-coordinator-experience/ …

Sources: Lamar (FCS - TX) considering multiple coaches with FBS coordinator experience - Football...

Sources tell FootballScoop that among the candidates being considered at Lamar (FCS – TX) are two coaches with recent FBS coordinator experience. Tim Beck, who Tom Herman recently reassigned on the...
footballscoop.com

9:13 AM - Dec 11, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Zach Barnett's other Tweets

Herman has been moving in silence. There are at least four offensive coordinators and defensive coordinators, respectively, Herman is interested in, but those names have been hard to come by. There has been a lot of speculation about Herman’s next moves, but the coach has been keeping a lot of people guessing.

That is by design.

Herman is so determined to keep information about his coaching searching under wraps, he recently tightened his inner circle. He is doing everything within his power to avoid the leaking of information because Herman believes that is the best method to interview and hire candidates to improve the football program, according to my sources.

Here is what I was learned this week.

One of the reasons Herman is fighting to make sure his candidate list is not leaked to the media is because he does not want to give opposing schools an opportunity to retain their current coaches.

For instance, after Herman’s interest in Brady became public, LSU coach Ed Oregon immediately declared there was a plan in place to keep his passing game coordinator. Meanwhile, Harrell was reportedly offered a new contract after Herman’s interest in the offensive coordinator became public. Needless to say, those are a few reasons why there has not been a lot of information out of Moncrief recently.

In addition, if information is leaked out, assistant coaches often feel outside pressure to remain with the team. When coaches do not want an assistant to leave, they will use a variety of tactics to get them to stay, especially for a lateral position and responsibility. From what I can tell, Herman is trying to avoid that scenario.

Meanwhile, my sources indicated Herman does not want opposing schools to use a candidate list against Texas in recruiting. Herman has tightened the screws because once a name becomes public, the concern withing the building is opposing schools can use misinformation about a candidate to negatively recruit against Texas.

My sources inside the building said Herman has been forced to address misinformation about his coaching search multiple times since making changes to his coaching staff. Nevertheless, I was told after Herman discredits those false reports, he and the staff are selling players on the opportunity to play for Texas.

In addition, Herman is attempting to build relationships with candidates before making a final decision. From what I have been able to gather, it is important to Herman for him to have chemistry with his future coordinators. Herman is not going to pull the trigger on a new hire until the chemistry is apparent, which ranges between coaching philosophies and simple day-to-day communication.

That is why there is no timetable on Herman’s decision.

I was told Herman’s is content to wait until after signing day to begin hiring coordinators. In my opinion, Herman could easily offer contracts to the coaches he has identified as top candidates at any moment. However, there is a chance Herman will wait another week to secure this year’s class before making his hires.

Typically, we hear about the top candidates, the backup plans, and know when every interview is taking place. It appears Herman prefers for everything to happen behind closed doors. Herman’s interview process does not result in sexy headlines, but his rationale makes sense.

Basically, every Longhorn observer is being forced to exercise patience.

Of course, that is easier said than done.

I will keep you posted.

This shit is nuts. Like Orgeron didn't know after this season that Brady would have people wanting to hire him until it was "leaked" that Texas was interested. Ditto Harrell. 

Aren't successful coordinators in demand every single year at this time? Their bosses don't rely on "leaks" to take action to retain them. 

I certainly believe there's good rationale for not wanting leaks. I just don't think Herman sat down and discussed it with Anwar or anybody else besides maybe CDC.

Remember, just because a $9.95er says "Because of 'A', 'C'" doesn't mean reality is NOT "Because of 'B', 'C'."  "C" could be true even if the writer doesn't have the first fucking clue why.

Or, it could all be made up horseshit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's made up bullshit, at least it reads that way to me. Herman is a lot of things, but even he isn't retarded enough to believe that a coordinator being woo'd by Texas isn't immediately going to go back to his agent and the school currently employed at and use it to leverage for the best possible deal regardless. In other words, no school is going to be fucking left flat flooted without a chance to counter. Period. What a stupid fucking whine. Also, if anyone didn't think LSU had tentative plans to keep brady as of fucking September they're dumber than Daddy98 after a 5 day bender of huffing gasoline. 

Right. Like all of the sudden Tom stopped calling the 995s to update them on the candidates he was talking to because he didn't want their current schools finding out about it. 

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

How about top 25 in regular listening rotation? Or guaranteed to be played on a road trip? That would be more accurate for me.

Know what you mean. I refer to mine as "Desert Island Music." I figure anytime I find myself marooned on a desert island, or frustrated by a coaching search, I can always turn to them.

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Bullshit! I think it a lot easier to negative recruit by saying no one wants to come to Texas instead of quoting names. Only name that we know that can be negative recruited against is Chris Ash. I believe Harrell and Odom would be a home runs with recruits.

On Herman building relationships, than the flight being tracked is not about picking up Harrell today it is about going to go have lunch with Harrell today?

9.95ers got to love them.

12 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Right. Like all of the sudden Tom stopped calling the 995s to update them on the candidates he was talking to because he didn't want their current schools finding out about it. 

Yea don't all these contracts say that the school must be contacted before their coordinators under contract can be talked too.

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's made up bullshit, at least it reads that way to me. Herman is a lot of things, but even he isn't retarded enough to believe that a coordinator being woo'd by Texas isn't immediately going to go back to his agent and the school currently employed at and use it to leverage for the best possible deal regardless. In other words, no school is going to be fucking left flat flooted without a chance to counter. Period. What a stupid fucking whine. Also, if anyone didn't think LSU had tentative plans to keep brady as of fucking September they're dumber than Daddy98 after a 5 day bender of huffing gasoline. 

This shit Anwar writes makes me believe that either (1) he's a moron that has zero idea how the coaching business works or (2) is a Herman mouthpiece lazily trying to concoct stories as cover if/when GH turns him down so he can put it out there that we never offered.  I've been leaning towards 2 but honestly 1 is equally plausible.

That'll be $9.95.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This shit Anwar writes makes me believe that either (1) he's a moron that has zero idea how the coaching business works or (2) is a Herman mouthpiece lazily trying to concoct stories as cover if/when GH turns him down so he can put it out there that we never offered.  I've been leaning towards 2 but honestly 1 is equally plausible.

Oh wow we never offered sounds so very aggy.

Edited by DanTheHorn

Whynotboth.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We're 9 days from NSD1.  Most of the players in the class have been pretty vocal about the fact that they're all UT even after the coaching change.  

I’m going but what CTJ has said and he is more locked into this than any 9.95. I guess we will see. I’m willing to bet money that if our recruits don’t have a good idea of who is going to be the OC/DC by NSD1 you will see multiple flips of our high ranking recruits. 

2 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

I’m going but what CTJ has said and he is more locked into this than any 9.95. I guess we will see. I’m willing to bet money that if our recruits don’t have a good idea of who is going to be the OC/DC by NSD1 you will see multiple flips of our high ranking recruits. 

Doubt you'd get flips at that point. You'd get push offs to NSD2, though, which would open us up to obnoxiousness for sure.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

If they don't like who their new coordinators or position coaches are, just claim somebody called you a racial epithet and you can immediately transfer to and be eligible at another school.

43 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I certainly believe there's good rationale for not wanting leaks. I just don't think Herman sat down and discussed it with Anwar or anybody else besides maybe CDC.

Remember, just because a $9.95er says "Because of 'A', 'C'" doesn't mean reality is NOT "Because of 'B', 'C'."  "C" could be true even if the writer doesn't have the first fucking clue why.

Or, it could all be made up horseshit.

But wait, did "A" hire "C" or did "B" hire "A", and nobody hires "B"?  Aww shit, I'm so confused now.

Tom Herman you cant play in a man’s game, if you can’t close them, go home and tell your inner circle your troubles, because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you....
A B C
Always Be Closing 

The leaks are weak!

d15172546da7874ac1387f884db9c301.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Tom Herman you cant play in a man’s game, if you can’t close them, go home and tell your inner circle your troubles, because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you....

A B C

Always Be Closing 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You have got to stop with this bullshit about Anwar being a mouthpiece. He's a completely unconnected imbecile getting paid by another one.

There will be flips if coordinators aren't named by NSD1. You're either being purposefully obtuse or willfully naive. 

None of this shit matters. New coordinators will be named within the next few days, at the latest. 

Anwar hasn’t been connected since Charlie left.  

and you seem pretty confident in your last statement

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also known as sobering up if you’re NorlaHorn. 

• Like 1