2020 Coaching Staff

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If we had a merely ok defense and halfway competent special teams, the offense would have scored more points per yards gained and the numbers would have looked much better. 

yes, the offense struggled to get out of its own way sometimes, but it is the least pressing issue about the team right now. 

If the defense performed as well as the offense last season then likely no one would be getting fired and the football board would still be riding Tom's dick.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fatkid54 vacillates between being one of the biggest dipshits on this site and seeming informed and humorous. He swings more violently than a banker’s wife. 

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky

-Michael Scott

-Katfid54

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fatkid54 vacillates between being one of the biggest dipshits on this site and seeming informed and humorous. He swings more violently than a banker’s wife. 

If you don’t laugh at things on Internet forums, then what the fuck are you doing on Internet forums? Are you above it all? Too refined or cool for it? The BBS equivalent of Ethan Hunt, never even caring to look at the explosions as you simply move forward, inform and solve problems? GTFO with that nonsense. 

he's probably more of a sensible chuckle kind of guy

c5f.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Rodriguez, Morehead, Yost, Elliott, Ludwig...  I’m sure hate will come from that list but idk, as long as it isn’t as predictable as most our offense with any small lead this year I’ll be happy and if they can actually call a qb sneak up the middle under center, RB push from behind on a 3rd or 4th and 1 or less instead of a qb drawl from 5 yards back, I’m happy. 

Rodriguez:  First Year as a coordinator in 19 years last year at Ole Miss. Never been a big fan.  No thanks.

Moorehead:  The head coach at MSU?  You expect a SEC HC to be interested in coordinator jobs?

Yost:  Decent run as a Mizzou coordinator then pac 12 position coach before landing at Tech.  Don't hate it but think we can do better.

Elliot:  Pretty sure this guy just went from Clemson Co-OC to sole OC.   You expect someone to leave a job with an absolutely loaded offense, no conference competition and tons of stability (not to mention in a prime position to get a HC job) to come roll the dice with Herman?  Good luck.

Ludwig:  Vandy 3 years then 1 year at Utah.   Don't hate it but not at top of my list.  Also from Utah and probably trying to make his career out west.  Doesn't seem like a fit.

In sum, yeah, I still think Harrell is our best bet if we can land him.

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Rodriguez:  First Year as a coordinator in 19 years last year at Ole Miss. Never been a big fan.  No thanks.

Moorehead:  The head coach at MSU?  You expect a SEC HC to be interested in coordinator jobs?

Yost:  Decent run as a Mizzou coordinator then pac 12 position coach before landing at Tech.  Don't hate it but think we can do better.

Elliot:  Pretty sure this guy just went from Clemson Co-OC to sole OC.   You expect someone to leave a job with an absolutely loaded offense, no conference competition and tons of stability (not to mention in a prime position to get a HC job) to come roll the dice with Herman?  Good luck.

Ludwig:  Vandy 3 years then 1 year at Utah.   Don't hate it but not at top of my list.  Also from Utah and probably trying to make his career out west.  Doesn't seem like a fit.

In sum, yeah, I still think Harrell is our best bet if we can land him.

Gloom despair and agony on me

Deep dark depression excessive misery

I'm guessing for whatever reason GH has a commitment to stay at SC through the first signing day.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

I already checked this morning and there wasn't anything noteworthy. I'll keep checking. 

Hollywood should make a movie where the star wakes up and it's the same day all over again. What a blast it would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People still sitting on the edge of their seats..... It has been reported that USC has offered an extension and raise to Harrel yet USC is completely silent. Why? Because he hasn't signed said new contract. Either he is waiting for a HC position(no good ones available) or he is waiting to sign with us IMHO. He gains more to sign with us and bolster his resume plus get life changing money on a guaranteed 3 year deal. If he comes here he will be inheriting a decent, experienced O-line, a potential Heisman candidate quarterback, good running backs and unproven receiving core. He is from Texas, he will return at some point, I believe it will be with the good guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What? He wants to delegate specific operations to underlings and act as a top-level manager, which is exactly what most executives (and head coaches) do.

More in reference to bitching about it this past season on multiple occasions. It was necessary because you made a shit OC hire initially, so stop talking about it. Going forward with someone competent at OC yes it's understandable. 

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'm guessing for whatever reason GH has a commitment to stay at SC through the first signing day.

Yeah, or they (whoever the hires will be) and Tom agreed it would just be best to wait until NSD to make the announcement since the time table is so short. That will probably cause less recruiting turmoil at Texas and their current schools.  

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

More in reference to bitching about it this past season on multiple occasions.

I've never really felt like he was bitching about it. He's just been very consistent that it isn't what he wants to do and it takes time away from his other duties.

I agree about the shit hire, but once that decision was made, the milk was spilled. He knew it pretty early on, and did the play calling by committee to mitigate the problems (IMO), then ended up mostly calling the plays, at least for a while. I think it became consuming for Herman, which led to a ton of struggles this season in particular. Obviously, he held off making an official personnel change for as long as he could.

Yes, it was largely self-inflicted. That happens with coaches at all levels all the time. The question and what will define TH's career is how he responds. I know he's intelligent enough, but is he not so stubborn that he can respond the right way? I hope so.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I've never really felt like he was bitching about it. He's just been very consistent that it isn't what he wants to do and it takes time away from his other duties.

I agree about the shit hire, but once that decision was made, the milk was spilled. He knew it pretty early on, and did the play calling by committee to mitigate the problems (IMO), then ended up mostly calling the plays, at least for a while. I think it became consuming for Herman, which led to a ton of struggles this season in particular. Obviously, he held off making an official personnel change for as long as he could.

Yes, it was largely self-inflicted. That happens with coaches at all levels all the time. The question and what will define TH's career is how he responds. I know he's intelligent enough, but is he not so stubborn that he can respond the right way? I hope so.

Fair all around

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still feels like GH told Mensa that if it's kept quiet till after early NSD, he's coming to Texas.  GH may feel some loyalty to Helton and wants to help USC out by not leaving till after early signing day...

That’d be shitty to do to the kids but hey portal.  

has Harrell signed the usc extension?

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still feels like GH told Mensa that if it's kept quiet till after early NSD, he's coming to Texas.  GH may feel some loyalty to Helton and wants to help USC out by not leaving till after early signing day...

Truckie on twitter said nope so....

• Like 1