2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

I don’t understand what his hold up would be to re-sign with USC if he weren’t still considering and/or planning to go elsewhere soon. However, were that true, we’d probably also be seeing names crop up as potential replacements for Harrell at USC. If he doesn’t want to leave him high and dry on ESD, it makes no sense to not tell Clay he’s bouncing until ESD, leaving Helton In a frenzy to find a replacement. If he is genuinely torn and doesn’t know, either us or USC could end up a creek without a paddle. A lot of the “supposed” names on our list are getting hired away.

Herman’s demeanor over it all seems to be unbothered, which means it’s been taken care of or he’s just that arrogant. Given how desperately he wants to quit fucking with game planning, I’m praying for the first option.

1 minute ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Herman’s demeanor over it all seems to be unbothered, which means it’s been taken care of or he’s just that arrogant. Given how desperately he wants to quit fucking with game planning, I’m praying for the first option.

Just the fact that Herman is keeping all the $9.95ers guessing so much and having them just throw shit against the wall and hoping it sticks is keeping him in the "I respect him" category with me.  He seems like he has a plan and he's following through with his plan.  I could be reading it all wrong.

• Like 2

Well, if Herman is to be believed then we will not get an OC or DC till Friday the 20th at the earliest.  What is that another 50 pages of nothing. Come on Herman, if Ash is a done deal sign him. That way we can bitch about your shitty hire on defense while we wait on the OC for the next 9 days.

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well, if Herman is to be believed then we will not get an OC or DC till Friday the 20th at the earliest.  What is that another 50 pages of nothing. Come on Herman, if Ash is a done deal sign him. That way we can bitch about your shitty hire on defense while we wait on the OC for the next 9 days.

So then I think using our brains we can imply that Ash isn't a done deal and Herman might actually be aiming higher. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Any chance we are waiting for Alabama’s season to end? 
Does Herman still have a comfort level with a certain analyst? 

Why the fuck would we have to wait for Bama’s season to end to steal an analyst? The level of stupidity this process is bringing to this board is astounding. I guess I should consider the source.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So then I think using our brains we can imply that Ash isn't a done deal and Herman might actually be aiming higher. 

higher? I thought Ash wanted to be the very best... like no one ever was.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Why the fuck would we have to wait for Bama’s season to end to steal an analyst? The level of stupidity this process is bringing to this board is astounding. I guess I should consider the source.

If you've been reading the quoted poster's posts, you wouldn't be astounded.

He's either a teenager or someone from another fanbase.

edit- or the poster formerly known as Girdwood. I'd bet money that's exactly who it is. Fucktard extraordinaire.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1

Something that’s been bothering me since yesterday about our candidate list. 

why is Harrell the only one that is gainfully employed are the coordinator level that’s on it?  

is it not possible for Texas to look at who is currently doing a good job as a coordinator and giving them a raise to do a good job here?  Instead of some ex head coaches or guys who lost their job when their coach got fired?

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

If you've been reading the quoted poster's posts, you wouldn't be astounded.

He's either a teenager or someone from another fanbase.

edit- or the poster formerly known as Girdwood. I'd bet money that's exactly who it is. Fucktard galore.

Nimrod found me out, I’m a t-shirt Lamar university fan, teenager earning dual credit

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Out of curiosity, who are Notre Dame, Oregon, and Penn State looking at for OC? 

ND

The question is then what happens next, and based on the sources I've spoken with it would seem head coach Brian Kelly is leaning towards promoting quarterbacks coach Tommy Rees to offensive coordinator.

Oregon

Rob Chudzinski.

Zak Hill, Boise State offensive coordinator.

Frank Ponce, Louisville quarterbacks coach.

Derek Dooley, Missouri offensive coordinator.

Rhett Lashlee, SMU offensive coordinator.

Mike Sanford, Utah State offensive coordinator.

Penn State

JOE BRADY, PASSING GAME COORDINATOR/WIDE RECEIVERS COACH - LSU

CHARLIE FRYE, OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR/QB COACH - CENTRAL MICHIGAN

KIRK CIARROCCA, OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR/QB COACH - MINNESOTA

ANDREW BREINER, PASSING GAME COORDINATOR/QB COACH - MISSISSIPPI STATE

SEAN GLEESON, OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR/QB COACH, OKLAHOMA STATE

I spent 5 minutes doing this.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This is amazing that Orlando had no solution but to bring telegraphed shitty blitzes.

Amazing part is Herman recognizes it was a problem. And continued to allow him to do it. At some point shouldn’t he have stepped in and said no more DB blitzing from 15 yards beyond the LOS 

• Like 2

Several of you have referred to Groundhog Day, but you are missing the true connection.

Groundhog Day is February 2nd.

In a couple of months, the Super Bowl will be played on Groundhog Day.

According to my sources, The University of Texas will hire the OC and DC from the team that wins the Super Bowl.

NSD2 is Wednesday, February 5th.

That will be $9.95

24 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Amazing part is Herman recognizes it was a problem. And continued to allow him to do it. At some point shouldn’t he have stepped in and said no more DB blitzing from 15 yards beyond the LOS 

I mean it seems like he did. We did it much less after the first half of the season 

23 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Mensa's line in the sand for throwing down the hammer on Orlando's shit blitzes was at 16 yards beyond LOS. 

#sorrynotsorryfromtommyboy

Here are some code breaking facts 

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. 

There are 13 letters in the name Graham Harrell.

39-33

Exodus 39-33: and they brought the tabernacle to Moses, the tent, and all his furniture, his clasp, his boards, his bars, and his pillars, and his sockets  

Friday is also St Lucy’s Day, Graham will bring food and aid to the longhorns hiding in the catacombs 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fud said:

If Herman is to believed, you have to understand what he said, and this isn't what he said 

a) No offers made

b) Not rushing to get hires done before early signing day next Wednesday.

So if I take this as what he said and implied that means he sleeps in on Thursday and then goes into the office and decides who he hires. If things go well then offers are made on Thursday and at the earliest accepted Friday. So, please explain what I misunderstood.