2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Welp, reports are Memphis to retain Silverfield.   Quickly followed by reports Odom to Arkie as DC.  So yeah, I'm not sure there is any opening left that GH could be waiting on.   And with Odom to Arkie, is there really any doubt it is (and always has been) Ash my dude at Texas?

Could be an interesting day I guess.

I've been thinking for a while now that our next OC and DC are both working somewhere else, and won't leave their old jobs until after signing day, and that this thread would continue to get into a bigger and bigger spiral of obtuse poo-flinging and invertebrate taxonomy, and poor grammar etiology, and that I could therefore sit back and enjoy the shit-show.

I obviously still have no idea who the coordinator hires are going to be, but everything else is going pretty much as expected, so I'm gonna go pop some more popcorn and wait for something to happen next week, when Thursday is the new Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've been thinking for a while now that our next OC and DC are both working somewhere else, and won't leave their old jobs until after signing day, and that this thread would continue to get into a bigger and bigger spiral of obtuse poo-flinging and invertebrate taxonomy, and poor grammar etiology, and that I could therefore sit back and enjoy the shit-show.

I obviously still have no idea who the coordinator hires are going to be, but everything else is going pretty much as expected, so I'm gonna go pop some more popcorn and wait for something to happen next week, when Thursday is the new Tuesday.

This is my opinion on every single Texas game thread.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

it would be cool if our next coaches are gainfully employed. 

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Lashlee and Ash are going to make for some great thread titles. At least neither has an O or a D in their name.

The fact that Lash and Ash rhyme is a major bonus. Kind of like when we we had thee successive head coaches with Mc/Mack names. Could throw in some Army of Darkness (and Ann Rice fanfic for Walden and the other non-invertebrate book readers) pics/gifs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

The fact that Lash and Ash rhyme is a major bonus. Kind of like when we we had thee successive head coaches with Mc/Mack names. Could throw in some Army of Darkness (and Ann Rice fanfic for Walden and the other non-invertebrate book readers) pics/gifs.

I’m sorry, did you just suggest that Anne Rice books or related fan fiction would be something for literary folks?

• Like 2

Yep.  Heard some school gave their coach $75MM guaranteed, with $0 buyout - no one would be that dumb, would they?
Narrator: ......

Would this also happen to be the same establishment that paid $450M for a renovation (NRG stadium was about that amount new) to their tackle box?

You don’t get rich, or stay rich for very long by giving it away!!!1!

16 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

In this picture, Lincoln Riley is Team Rocket

37554262021_9b2472d680_o.jpg

Obviously Kyler Murray is Meowth

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Would this also happen to be the same establishment that paid $450M for a renovation (NRG stadium was about that amount new) to their tackle box?

You don’t get rich, or stay rich for very long by giving it away!!!1!
They could have bought a smoker and some briskets.

247 / Chip Brown

Spoiler

Friday, 12:10 pm - I can honestly say the contrasting information I'm hearing about the status of USC's Graham Harrell as a possible candidate to replace Tim Beck as the offensive coordinator at Texas is one of the more interesting twists I've encountered in 27 years of covering coaching searches at Texas.

I've talked to three completely different sources connected to Harrell over the past two weeks, and all three of them have said Harrell has indicated he's likely to stay at USC. And, yet, I was just told by a Texas source close to the situation that Harrell is absolutely still in the mix for the Texas OC job.

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

Friday, 12:10 pm - I can honestly say the contrasting information I'm hearing about the status of USC's Graham Harrell as a possible candidate to replace Tim Beck as the offensive coordinator at Texas is one of the more interesting twists I've encountered in 27 years of covering coaching searches at Texas.

I've talked to three completely different sources connected to Harrell over the past two weeks, and all three of them have said Harrell has indicated he's likely to stay at USC. And, yet, I was just told by a Texas source close to the situation that Harrell is absolutely still in the mix for the Texas OC job.

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

That is really saying something

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've been thinking for a while now that our next OC and DC are both working somewhere else, and won't leave their old jobs until after signing day,

I'm thinking this as well.  It's been an eerily quiet search, and the only names mentioned have been the guys actively seeking jobs.  So really there's been zero specficially Texas names or news.

21 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

Translation: I don't know shit like everyone else other than Tom, Harrell and CDC.

Edited by DanTheHorn
Corrected my own post. Now it is right.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

dog i have no idea what im doing GIF

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rhinotx said:

I’m thinking that since Harrell doesn’t seem to be coming and hasn’t signed the contract extension  at USC that he doesn’t want a big OC contract with a big buyout. If he doesn’t leave or sign a new contract he is preparing for an HC job next season. 

I'm pretty sure it all means he is getting an annulment and has decided to enter the priesthood.

Since we're all pulling things out of our asses.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

Wow, going out to the edge of our intellect there as an ace reporter.

27 years "covering" coaching searches at Texas and 37 years covering gloryholes at bus stations.

Experience obviously matters.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

This shit sounds like it came from the impeachment hearings. 

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Yes, but also if you believe the word about Harrell really liking Clay Helton, then i doubt he would be announced before signing day at this point. Harrell would not want to submarine the class for a second year in a row even as bad as it is.

Also, I doubt Herman would announce anything two days before signing day because if there is some knee jerk reaction from a recruit they don't want them pushing their commit date back and opening themselves up having to rerecruit bluechip talent during the shit show that is NSD2. If Herman has a feel for his class and his guys who he expects to sign all seem solid, then there is no point in introducing risk to the equation and giving schools a target for any further negative recruiting.

Can you enlighten us as to what it is that you've seen that gives you a positive view on how Herman "feels" and understands anything regarding other humans? He's perpetually fucking up relationships with other people, including recruits, from K'Lavon Chaisson forward. He registers as a full blown fucktard on the emotional quotient spectrum. He hasn't the vaguest idea about how anyone else is thinking or feeling about anything. I've seen very few people in my life reach his level and display such human hand grenade capabilities. He sends people running and screaming from his direction on an almost perpetual basis.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hope in one hand, and Tom Herman will shit in the other. See which fills up faster. 

This was outstanding in its timing.