2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

So with Memphis hiring within, it appears Odom has DC at Arkansas or potentially DC at Texas depending on which 9.95er, correct?

They backed off of Odom to Texas a few days ago. Or yesterday. It's all blurring together. 

People close to Odom basically told Nahlin that Texas never offered.

My guess is Texas is going to chase NFL assistants and wanted to raise the DC floor from Ash by gauging interest and telling him they'd hire in January/February. Arkansas offered, bada bing, bada boom

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Did we even interview him? 

Depends on who you ask, and who you listen to I guess. Nahlin seems to think so and he wanted the job after memphis, but I would beat heavy Tom Herman would say they never had even a conversation. No one has any fucking clue. At this point I'm not sure Herman isn't conducting zero interviews with the intention of going back to Del Conte and telling him that no one wanted to work at Texas, period, and after an exhaustive search it's in the best interests of the program to rehire Meh, Beck, and Orlando. 

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can you enlighten us as to what it is that you've seen that gives you a positive view on how Herman "feels" and understands anything regarding other humans? He's perpetually fucking up relationships with other people, including recruits, from K'Lavon Chaisson forward. He registers as a full blown fucktard on the emotional quotient spectrum. He hasn't the vaguest idea about how anyone else is thinking or feeling about anything. I've seen very few people in my life reach his level and display such human hand grenade capabilities. He sends people running and screaming from his direction on an almost perpetual basis.

I know your keen to analyze his personality disorder(s). I’m convinced he has Aspergers. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not gonna lie, had kind of pegged today as the day, so they could be in for the three OVs this weekend. At least the Bryan Carrington road show seems to be having the desired effect once again.

You could still be right.  Or you could be wrong.  I'd say its 50/50, my friend.

$9.95 please.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not gonna lie, had kind of pegged today as the day, so they could be in for the three OVs this weekend. At least the Bryan Carrington road show seems to be having the desired effect once again.

And by having positive expectations of Tom Herman, the only thing pegged was you, sir. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

relax. we're scouring the country looking for top men. 80% chance one of them we hire is an unemployed dude who got fired from his last job mid-season.

all is well.

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

247 / Chip Brown

Hide contents

Friday, 12:10 pm - I can honestly say the contrasting information I'm hearing about the status of USC's Graham Harrell as a possible candidate to replace Tim Beck as the offensive coordinator at Texas is one of the more interesting twists I've encountered in 27 years of covering coaching searches at Texas.

I've talked to three completely different sources connected to Harrell over the past two weeks, and all three of them have said Harrell has indicated he's likely to stay at USC. And, yet, I was just told by a Texas source close to the situation that Harrell is absolutely still in the mix for the Texas OC job.

So we wait. (Chip Brown)

Those are certainly all words

• Like 1

In this business things can change in the blink of an eye. Kids are finicky and prone to changing their minds on the thinnest of whims. With assistant coaches, you never know if someone is going to swoop in with a huge offer of money and all the sex you can handle with the head coach's wife. Right now I really like the things I'm hearing about who's intereseted in the Texas job. And it doesn't help aggy's cause that Jimbo's ex seems to have hit early menopause. Please see my patreon.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Can you enlighten us as to what it is that you've seen that gives you a positive view on how Herman "feels" and understands anything regarding other humans? He's perpetually fucking up relationships with other people, including recruits, from K'Lavon Chaisson forward. He registers as a full blown fucktard on the emotional quotient spectrum. He hasn't the vaguest idea about how anyone else is thinking or feeling about anything. I've seen very few people in my life reach his level and display such human hand grenade capabilities. He sends people running and screaming from his direction on an almost perpetual basis.

This was outstanding in its timing.

I haven't seen anything, which is why I started the sentence with IF. Say what you want about his dumbassery and self destructive tendencies, the one place he has consistently performed well as a whole is on the recruiting front. Does that mean he won't fuck this up? Not at all, but it is one of the last places that I would expect him to fuck up since he places such a priority on it.  

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I haven't seen anything, which is why I started the sentence with IF. Say what you want about his dumbassery and self destructive tendencies, the one place he has consistently performed well as a whole is on the recruiting front. Does that mean he won't fuck this up? Not at all, but it is one of the last places that I would expect him to fuck up since he places such a priority on it.  

He also claims to place a priority on winning. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You are a slow-witted rube. You should change your password to something you’ll never remember, logout, and spare us from watching your slow train wrecks of posts until at least some new piece of shit shows up to coach and fuck up Texas football. 

Tried that once. But like a fly to Tom Herman's mouth, I just keep coming back for more bullshit.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I hate everyone.

We know.

50 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Those are certainly all words

Words that people will pay ten bucks a month to read.

Between Chip and Tom, I'm realizing I did it all wrong. I thought honest hard work and good relationships was the golden goose. Now I know: Being a pompous fucking windbag asshole is The Way to Riches.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Worst part of all this is we’re wasting practices that could be implementing the new schemes and shit.

You’re not going to install new systems during bowl practices even if you’d already hired the coordinators. It’s not really feasible. 

6 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Yes the base which saves practices in the sprint plus nsd1 without coordinators. What fucking recruit would even sign nsd1?

Actually most of our commits have said they’re signing on NSD1 no matter what. 

Edited by Burt Macklin