2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Momentum: don’t need it

Buzz: that’s just hype

In Herman we trust: I was in agreement with many whiners on this site. I’m starting to see the light. Why rush it, let this bitch play itself out, let those silly ass programs stumble over their on dicks trying to gain momentum and  get some recruiting buzz by taking a month to hire staff. Why not wait until the 2nd or 3rd weeks of next season, we know some seriously good people are going to be fired in the first part of the new season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They've made an entire website where you can find the answer to that! It's called Google. It's really niche, so I can understand how that wouldn't come to mind for you.

12 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Link?

Who can remember link addresses exactly, just look it up on altavista 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Jeez the Ash bashing is so stupid. None of you dipshits really know whether he’s good or not so quit acting like you do.

It's been pointed out by many others already but the collective Shaggy/Surly smell test has been pretty spot on with recent coordinator and position coach hires (Watson, Beck, Mehringer, et al). Head coaches, however, have been a different matter.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Jeez the Ash bashing is so stupid. None of you dipshits really know whether he’s good or not so quit acting like you do.

lmao y’all were the same ones defending the Shawn Watson hire and the Beck hire. You’ll rationalize and defend anything. We could hire a dead goat and you’d be defending it

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Anyone remember UH back in the day when they had that air raid siren and all those damn touchdowns? It seemed a tad excessive. It was a little annoying, touchdown after touchdown, let’s be honest, not so sure our fan base could ever handle all that.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

4 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

lmao y’all were the same ones defending the Shawn Watson hire and the Beck hire. You’ll rationalize and defend anything. We could hire a dead goat and you’d be defending it

I was against Watson and Beck but am not against Ash (though would have preferred Odom). Square that circle.

5 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

It's been pointed out by many others already but the collective Shaggy/Surly smell test has been pretty spot on with recent coordinator and position coach hires (Watson, Beck, Mehringer, et al). Head coaches, however, have been a different matter.

I guessed you missed the collective hand-job Orlando got when his hire was official?

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not only that, but let's just say he does suck. Most of this board wants Herman fired, so if Ash is bad this only helps in that regard.  I'm not sure why so many give a shit who Herman hires, other than those assistants actually being good and Herman staying as the coach.

No one is saying he is great. What’s being pointed out is that you don’t know shit.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Most of this board wants Herman fired...

Prolly. I don't give a fuck what happens to him at this point. I want Texas to win - that's all I care about, really. If MensaTom undergoes some sort of recto-cranial inversion recovery and suddenly realizes what he's been doing wrong and how to do it right, instead... why then, I'll be a happy camper and won't even flinch when MensaTom and CDC are on stage celebrating the New, Improved SEZ of our renamed Home Field, henceforth to be known as Royal Brown Stadium.

• Like 1

“Most of the board want Herman fired”

I sure as fuck don’t. I want to win the Big 12 next year. I want Herman to never lose a game at Texas ever again. That’s why if he hired Chris fucking Ash then my confidence in that happening would go from 20% to 0% instantly. It’s a comfort hire.

Edited by Cap Hooked

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guessed you missed the collective hand-job Orlando got when his hire was official?

My recollection of that situation was that most folks wanted Aranda and were disappointed when that didn't work. People were more willing to be optimistic about Orlando but I didn't think it was universal slurpage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Ash may end up sucking, but he should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Watson.   Watson is the worse hire in UT history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

“Most of the board wan Herman fired”

I sure as fuck don’t. I want to win the Big 12 next year. I want Herman to never lose a game at Texas ever again. That’s why if he hired Chris fucking Ash then my confidence in that happening would go from 20% to 0% instantly. It’s a comfort hire.

It can be a comfort hire and a good hire.  Those two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

I think Ash would be a good DC and take advantage of the talent we have at DL and DB.  The fact that he and Herman briefly overlapped at Iowa St and Ohio St doesn’t diminish that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

“Most of the board want Herman fired”

So if Ash never won a championship as the DC at OSU when Herman was there for 1 fucking year, it wouldn't be a comfort hire? You are saying things that fucking retards say.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So if Ash never won a championship as the DC at OSU when Herman was there for 1 fucking year, it wouldn't be a comfort hire? You are saying things that fucking retards say.

No it’s the fact Herman and Ash are both seemingly very fond of that fucking dickweed WR coach we just fired, the fact Ash hired one of the worst staffs in college football history including that dickweed as his offensive coordinator, and the fact that Ash was apparently helping out since the OU game and our defense still sucked shit through a straw. Why are there no other colleges trying to hire this guy if he’s so fucking great other then OSU who would hire him as a Co-DC with no play calling responsibilities? OSU fans seem to think their defense got a lot better once Ash left. Plus the fact Ash is apparently a massive douche coaches the same way as Herman and obviously doesn’t know how to surround himself with other good position coaches (ex: Rutgers) when that is what we need most right now. Like I said, rationalize all you want. Still would be a bad hire. No other reason for Herman to hire him unless it’s for the comfort aspect and the fact that they HAVE worked together. Herman would not even be considering him if that wasn’t the case dumbass

Edited by Cap Hooked
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

My recollection of that situation was that most folks wanted Aranda and were disappointed when that didn't work. People were more willing to be optimistic about Orlando but I didn't think it was universal slurpage.

I was an Aranda guy but there was plenty of folks here on their knees for Orlando. Negging anyone that pointed out the shifty effort vs OU even though they won that game.

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Link please. I don't remember the defense of Watson by anyone but the idiot on BON.

I think the defense was mostly centered around us not being football coaches and we should trust Strong knew what he's doing ... shit like that.  There were some people referencing Teddy Bridgewater's success and Louisville's overall success, but mostly it was attacking people complaining about Watson because we're not football professionals like Charlie Strong. 

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Just one not all, much less a circle jerk as you claim.

Nah I’m good. But I know you remember all those people saying “Shut up, he’s a QB whisperer, look what he did with Teddy!”. or “Shut up, look how Strong made Louisville elite, he knows what he’s doing!!”. Everyone here remembers that. And I never said it was a “circle jerk”. I’m sure most people did not approve of the hire just as most people on here would probably rather have someone better then Ash.

Edited by Cap Hooked

21 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Nah I’m good. But I know you remember all those people saying “Shut up, he’s a QB whisperer, look what he did with Teddy!”. or “Shut up, look how Strong made Louisville elite, he knows what he’s doing!!”. Everyone here remembers that. And I never said it was a “circle jerk”. I’m sure most people did not approve of the hire just as most people on here would probably rather have someone better then Ash.

Such as?

29 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

I remember people saying he sucked at Nebraska and has sucked everywhere and will suck here. Even GDGD looked good once he had Vince. So maybe some gave him credit for Teddy but many thought Teddy made him look better than he really was.

Edited by DanTheHorn

2 hours ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Anyone remember UH back in the day when they had that air raid siren and all those damn touchdowns? It seemed a tad excessive. It was a little annoying, touchdown after touchdown, let’s be honest, not so sure our fan base could ever handle all that.

14e.gif

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Such as?

Bill Belichick for one. That Steelers team has a pretty good defense wonder what their head coach would say to Tom? Seriously though idk to be honest, but that’s not my job. I just can’t believe that there is not another coach in college or the NFL (think Joe Brady but defense!!) that would be far superior then Chris Ash. I very seriously doubt Tom would have him as a candidate if Tom didn’t already know him. I don’t want someone hired just cause “well I’ve already coached with him before and he’s not the worst soooo fuck it you’re hired!!”