2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

7 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m willing to give any coach that runs the 4-3 a chance tbh. Have I mentioned how much fucking hate 3 down lineman

Better yet I’m willing to give any DC that doesn’t call plays like a pussy and give opposing WRs ten yd cushion a chance tbh. I’m tired of that shit. If you don’t have DBs that can win 1 on 1 battles than develop them or find some who can. We’re not fucking Kansas, Rutgers, or Indiana 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Such as?

This is why it's hard for me to get too worked up with Ash at the end of the day. I understand why one would be concerned with Herman hiring within his network. That hasn't worked out previously. But stop and think about who is/was a realistic target with as good or better qualifications. 

That list is a short one. It sounds like Texas had at least some discussions with Barry Odom, who wound up choosing a job in the region he's lived/worked in for his entire career. Sounds like they made Scalley say no, which was obviously never happening but you have to make the call. We don't really know who they're talking to beyond that, but there aren'tthat many proven commodities out there. As appears to have,at the very least, a much higher floor than Todd Orlando. That alone could be worth multiple wins.

FCB

Saturday, 7:45 pm - Hearing USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell has been getting an early start on working some misdirection and is still VERY much in the mix to succeed Tim Beck at Texas. (Chip Brown)

Regardless who it's coming from, the fact nothing with USC has been announced is a plus for the good guys (until it's not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Ok so I visited with a few folks on the defensive staff today and they don't have a clue who is going to be hired to be the DC. They are just trying to keep their heads down, recruit hard, and coach up the team for the bowl game. They don't think any offers have gone out yet on the DC job but they doubt it will be Ash. That's all I got today. It's kind of an awkward conversation when they night be losing their job. They did say that recruiting was going well.

Where do I send my tree-fiddy?

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

Ok so I visited with a few folks on the defensive staff today and they don't have a clue who is going to be hired to be the DC. They are just trying to keep their heads down, recruit hard, and coach up the team for the bowl game. They don't think any offers have gone out yet on the DC job but they doubt it will be Ash. That's all I got today. It's kind of an awkward conversation when they night be losing their job. They did say that recruiting was going well.

Some people are really going to be happy/mind blown over this update. Thanks, there is more quality here than the entire week of 9.95ers.

8 hours ago, TXs said:

If Harrell was remaining with USC, they'd be screaming it from the rooftops.

At worst, his agent is still shopping him around.

At best, he's weighing his options still. 

That'll be $0.095

spacer.png

Did you put that together yourself, Einstein?

You got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

• Haha 1