2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

It's what we do here.

To see this many pages and absolutely nothing of real substance must have been quite the let down.  My favorite part are the posters complaining about hires that will never materialize but they are still pissed about those mythical hires.  And yet here I am reading every last one.  

Anybody happen to have a list of open OC and DC positions available along with what’s already been filled?

I don’t have a complete list but the Del Valley Youth football league Bumblebees have an open slot for a DC. Whoever fills the slot must also bring juice boxes to the game.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Have fun Surly... 😄

Ole Miss: Houston special teams coordinator Blake Gideon has shared that he’s headed to join Lane Kiffin’s staff at Ole Miss.

Maybe they'll switch Gideon to coaching safeties and bring in Craig Curry for special teams. (No, pardner, we don't never forget.)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Anybody happen to have a list of open OC and DC positions available along with what’s already been filled?

UAB: Sources tell FootballScoop Chad Morris’ offensive coordinator at Arkansas Joe Craddock is a strong candidate to join Bill Clark’s staff at UAB; but no deal is in place at this time

Arizona State: Boise State offensive coordinator Zak Hill has accepted the same position at Arizona State.

Ole Miss: Lane Kiffin has formally announced the addition of new staff member -- Jeff Lebby will serve as offensive coordinator.

Texas State: Ole Miss wide receivers coach Jacob Peeler will be the new offensive coordinator at Texas State, Bruce Feldman tweets.

• Penn State OC took HC job at ODU
  • Chad Morris to Auburn

Still no Baby Briles or Major Applewhite new destinations yet.  Also curious where Charlie Weiss Jr goes after time on Lane Kiffin's staff -- boy wonder type like Lincoln Riley...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

UAB: Sources tell FootballScoop Chad Morris’ offensive coordinator at Arkansas Joe Craddock is a strong candidate to join Bill Clark’s staff at UAB; but no deal is in place at this time

Arizona State: Boise State offensive coordinator Zak Hill has accepted the same position at Arizona State.

That new Arizona St OC is a damn good hire. He was the OC / QB coach at Eastern Washington when Vernon Adams and that offense were putting up ridiculous numbers.  Spent the last few years at Boise learning under Harsin. Now he’s got a really good True Freshman QB to build his offense around. 

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

UAB: OC at Arky, Joe Craddock is a strong candidate atUAB.  Ariz St: Boise State OC Zak Hill has accepted OC at Ariz State. Ole Miss: Lane Kiffin has announced Jeff Lebby will serve as OC. Texas State: Ole Miss WR coach Jacob Peeler  new OC at Texas State. Penn State OC took HC job at ODU.  Chad Morris to Auburn OC.  Still no Baby Briles or Major Applewhite new destinations yet.  Boy wonder  (like Lincoln Riley) Charlie Weiss Jr still available.

Damn Autocorrect changes Kiffin to Muffin every time.... 😳

Edited by LTtxfan

Added stuff so bumping...UAB: OC at Arky, Joe Craddock is a strong candidate atUAB.  Ariz St: Boise State OC Zak Hill has accepted OC at Ariz State. Ole Miss: Lane Kiffin has announced Jeff Lebby will serve as OC. Texas State: Ole Miss WR coach Jacob Peeler  new OC at Texas State. Penn State OC took HC job at ODU.  Chad Morris to Auburn OC.  Former BC OC   Bajakian went to Northwestern.   Still no Baby Briles or Major Applewhite new destinations yet.  Boy wonder  (like Lincoln Riley) Charlie Weiss Jr still available. (Worked for Kiffin at FAU)

Edited by LTtxfan

I’m sure it’s been posted (warning:bleacher report article) but it has a couple of quotes from Meyer right after Ash took the Rutgers job:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2596467-replacing-chris-ash-will-be-urban-meyers-biggest-challenge-yet-at-ohio-state.amp.html

question:

the OC hire

Answer:

Hex 25, Wu Wang / Innocence (The Unexpected)

Upper trigram: Ch'ien The Creative, Heaven

Lower trigram: Chên The Arousing, Thunder

hexagram25.png

Outcome:

Hex 62, Hsiao Kuo / Preponderance of the Small

Upper trigram: Chên The Arousing, Thunder

Lower trigram: Kên Keeping Still, Mountain

hexagram62.png

The Judgement

Preponderance of the Small. Success.
Perseverance furthers.
Small things may be done; great things should not be done.
The flying bird brings the message:
It is not well to strive upward,
It is well to remain below.
Great good fortune.

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

SC beat me to it, but fuck Jeff Lebby and his extended family

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jeff Fucking Lebby. The universe continues to mock the world with its injustice. 

I don't remember this name from anything worthy of a scarlet letter. What's the deal?

I'm warming to Ash.  If the team does well, he'll probably be gone in two years for a HC position and Herman's seat will be cool enough to snag an upgrade from another program.  If he fails, who cares, Herman will be canned and we're starting over anyway.  If the floor for keeping Herman is being a solid Top 10 team in two years, that's not an unreasonable goal with Ash and Harrell as your coordinators.  

• Like 1

I’m sure it’s been posted (warning:bleacher report article) but it has a couple of quotes from Meyer right after Ash took the Rutgers job:
 https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2596467-replacing-chris-ash-will-be-urban-meyers-biggest-challenge-yet-at-ohio-state.amp.html

Impossible. The experts on here say he’s ass. (Who knows).

25 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Nahlin apparently hinting that Ash is happening now.

Even though Nahlin has been previously saying that Ash is the floor of the DC search. I realized Yesterday that Burton is probably right about Ash being the guy because we haven't heard shit about any other DC candidates.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, texashorn13 said:

I can say that there is a growing frustration in the locker room for this same reason.  There has been no communication about what's going on with the coaches, and players are realizing that they are playing a bowl game for a bunch of coaches who probably won't be here come January.  Morale is in the shitter, to say the least.

Hey @texashorn13 

What feedback do yah hear from players on Coach Ash??  

Whoever becomes new DC needs to add some great defensive assistants that develop the hell out of these Texas players and improve morale!!