2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

10 hours ago, dad said:

My 5 football seasons as a student were 2005 to 2010 so starting with VY winning a natty when I was a freshman and Colt  McCoy vs. Bama as a Super Senior. Never did I realize that we would never be that great again. Talk about being spoiled when you didn't even know what you had on hand. 

don't say natty.

• Like 6

I started at UT in 2010, so while I do remember VY and Colt fondly, disappointment is pretty much par for the course in my adult life. My drunkest games attended are mostly wins - 2012 WVU, 2013 OU, 2013 Baylor, the Sugar Bowl... I did get also really drunk watching Strong's first game vs UNT. Totally unremarkable game, but met some old friends, things escalated, and ended up puking in the bathroom of the bar.

I think the lesson is I need to drink more in the fall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I may have had the best student football experience of any of you fuckers - '61 to '64. Won 40 games, one tie and just 3 losses, one NC and close to two more.

Yeah, the 30 consecutive-win Slick Street years were pretty damn good, but... I think we had a better run in my undergrad days. Slick and his gang had the Wishbone, but we had the Flip-flop with players switching from Left-Right to Strong-Weak positions... that is, the tackles and guards were strong-side/weak-side rather than left/right, so the formations could be flipped to put strength to left or right and also wide or short as needed. 

EDIT: Some good stuff here - https://www.texaslsn.org/football-dkr-1957-1967-always-adding-content

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 4

I was at UT from 91-95/96. Last year of McWilliams to the final SWC Championship. Saw a lot of shitty football in between, including 1-4 to aggy. The one silver lining, though, was 3-1-1 run versus OU.

Same.

My first trip to Lubbock was in 94. We got our asses kicked by a spare Tech team. My buddy got burnt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Same.

My first trip to Lubbock was in 94. We got our asses kicked by a spare Tech team. My buddy got burnt.

I was also there. Got super drunk, made an ass of myself in the Tech student section and embarrassed the hell out of my Tech friends who decided I never needed to return to visit, and had an Allsup’s burrito dribble down the front of my white Polo and wore if for about 8 hours after the game while we partied with Tech folks. 

• Like 4

'95-'98...not the greatest years, but not bad - same years as Ricky, some memorable highlights ('95 aggy game, '96 B12 champ game, Ricky record game), along with some really bad lowlights (Route 66, the entire '97 season). 

The '95 Tech game, my first semester...I hit the whiskey (and some other stuff) pretty hard that night and all I remember about the game is that it was cold and Brackens nearly killing the Tech punter. I somehow ended up at Manor and Airport in an attempt to walk back to my dorm. My dorm was Moore-Hill. I swear I saw some LARP happening as well, at some point as I was wandering aimlessly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Lost my dad to cancer. Get thicker skin, Bub. 

(I also went to UT ‘91-‘94 seasons. Sheeeeit!)

Pretty much all of this. '91-'96. I was a Sr in HS for Shock the Nation, so I missed being at Texas for all the great games that year, but I had the extreme displeasure of watching the Cotton Bowl v Miami from prime seats just in front of Gardere's family.

Oh, and also lost dad to cancer the year prior to that game, and then I had a similar (but so far less costly) diagnosis myself in '02. Fuck cancer, but also realize this is all fun and enjoy bitching about stupid shit.

• Like 1

Fuck tape fingers in the ear. And then fuck him in the other ear. If we hire that shit bag, I'm done with TH forever - and CDC too for letting it happen.

Fortunately, I don't think we're going to have to worry about it. If the Air Raid was too "out there" for Herman, I can't imagine he'd be OK with the Veer and Shoot.

Edit: Fire Casey Horny. Fuck that guy too. 

Edited by campcrunk