2020 Coaching Staff

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

His players probably also don't want to stab him in the face, so that would be another plus.

I understand that Carrier is an improvement, but when an OC gets to bring coaches he usually brings coaches that know his system and have worked with them in the past. Like Gilbert getting to bring Mattox with him.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

It doesn’t appear that they have worked together.  As mentioned, he worked for Holgerson.  So perhaps a similar offense.

Mainly, I think being a good recruiter in state is a prime qualification.

UH Coaching Bio...

https://uhcougars.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tyron-carrier/531 

• In 2018, Carrier was named Football Scoop’s Receivers Coach of the Year as he helped lead a Mountaineer offense that eclipsed the 500-yard and 40-point marks eight times during the season including 704 yards and 56 points vs. Oklahoma. 

• Carrier's pupils, David Sills V and Gary Jennings Jr. formed one of the nation's most dangerous tandems as the two were part of only five players nationally with at least 13 receiving touchdowns.

• Sills caught a team-high 65 passes for 986 yards and 15 touchdowns, one off from the national lead, while Jennings caught 54 passes for 917 yards and 13 scores in 11 appearances.

• In addition to Sills and Jennings, junior Marcus Simms caught 46 passes for 699 yards and two scores, sophomore TJ Simmons snared 22 receptions for 277 yards and one score, while senior Dominique Maiden caught eight passes for 130 yards and a score.

• West Virginia was only one yard shy of joining Alabama and Hawai’i as the only teams to boast three 700-yard receivers.

• Like 1

I understand that Carrier is an improvement, but when an OC gets to bring coaches he usually brings coaches that know his system and have worked with them in the past. Like Gilbert getting to bring Mattox with him.

I really don't see an issue with identifying a young coaching talent and bringing them on and integrating them into your system if you believe they can mesh with what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Dewey said:

Both Harrell and Briles jr are flavors of the month, riding coattails, nothing more. It's fun to watch Texas fans lose their minds and Arkansas fans think they got the best OC in the land. 

Well, I for one hope Ark gets better and kicks aggy in their clutched nuts.

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Maybe they think he is a great candidate. That would be a nice change.

For all we know, Yurch has always had an eye on Carrier But didn’t get the chance to hire him.

He’s not the OC at tOSU so he probably didn’t get to dictate staff.  

Dunn has been WR coach at OK State since 2011 so he was already there when Yurch was hired by Gundy. 

Edited by Js1

54 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Maybe they think he is a great candidate. That would be a nice change.

Which I am not disputing. He has plenty of skins on the wall, and helps provide a balance to the coaching staff pigment wise. I have no problems with Yurcich asking to bring along Carrier, I just thought it was interesting considering they have never crossed paths professionally as far as I can see. 

Edited by HtownHorn