2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ve read Kevin Wilson is a huge jerk as well.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the “source”. 

Was literally just thinking this. Kevin Wilson is a total shitbird and probably butthurt about this. You’re not dumping me, I’m dumping you!

When I originally heard Yurcich’s name just before the 9.95’r reports, I also heard one other nugget that aligned with what CTJ mentioned on this thread. Herman is incredibly stubborn. He believes completely in his offensive approach, making the Harrell possibility really not viable. Herman truly believes he is going to win it all in the next two years. We will see.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

When I originally heard Yurcich’s name just before the 9.95’r reports, I also heard one other nugget that aligned with what CTJ mentioned on this thread. Herman is incredibly stubborn. He believes completely in his offensive approach, making the Harrell possibility really not viable. Herman truly believes he is going to win it all in the next two years. We will see.

Burrow's confidence sure has helped LSU.

Wouldn't want a Head Coach to be at Texas if he doesn't believe he's gonna win it all...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Burrow's confidence sure has helped LSU.

Wouldn't want a Head Coach to be at Texas if he doesn't believe he's gonna win it all...

Confidence and arrogance are not the same thing. Confidence leads a person to believe they can do something. Arrogance is they belief they will do it. A confident person knows their are potential hurdles along the way and believes they can successfully navigate them, but also knows if they aren’t focused they could get tripped up. An arrogant person is far more likely to not see the hurdle or not take it seriously, and will end up on their face.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Confidence and arrogance are not the same thing. Confidence leads a person to believe they can do something. Arrogance is they belief they will do it. A confident person knows their are potential hurdles along the way and believes they can successfully navigate them, but also knows if they aren’t focused they could get tripped up. An arrogant person is far more likely to not see the hurdle or not take it seriously, and will end up on their face.

Was there a picture of a kitten on the poster you got that from?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Yeah, but do you know the difference between jelly and jam? 

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Your comeback for being called out on spouting some inane cliche nonsense is to make a (really weak) mom joke? Your intellect astounds.

Holy fuck... I’ve been exposed. I’ve devoted my life to climbing the discussion board hierarchy only to be brought down by a muppet.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Chris Ash hire still frustrates me because of the nature of the relationship between fuckface and Ash, but he’s at least got some performance history on his resume. Hopefully he only looks like a gorilla-armed blockhead and isn’t really as rock stupid as his predecessor proved himself to be. I’m excited by the premise of seeing a competent defense.

The Yurcich hire looks great. Does it turn out to be? Who fucking knows? But I’ll take it for what it looks like at the moment. It’s also not a comfort hire. If this guy is allowed to call his own game, I’m interested to see where it takes us. 

Big moves still remain, and I hope, outside of Drayton and Hand, that no one is retained, but I’m sure Giles will stick and so be it. They need some fucking killers to come in on the recruiting front at a couple of these spots where coaching is less critical, especially at WR and TE. I assume we’ll see a better split with the hires for o/d than the idiocy this season.  

So, long way to go in a short time, but if Herman is having to extend his network to get better guys in, I’m all for it. Outside of his rigid narcissism, the biggest issue he’s been fucked by since getting to Texas was bringing in a staff of jokers and clowns. I glanced over at the 2017 and 2018 recruiting threads on Shaggy at some point recently and it is comical watching a herd of posters defend the hires and argue in favor of guys like Merhringer and Warehime and not having a fucking LB coach or recruiter. No, this overhaul may well give this shitbag his shot to turn it around. I’m all for it. Tired of being embarrassed and losing. If that means watching Herman pull it off, sign me up as I fucking decry his continued imbecility. 

Sooooo....you're close to jumping?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No, this overhaul may well give this shitbag his shot to turn it around. I’m all for it. Tired of being embarrassed and losing. If that means watching Herman pull it off, sign me up as I fucking decry his continued imbecility. 

I expressed almost exactly this sentiment recently, but because I neglected to include vitriolic invective,  it got me labelled as a sunshine pumper. The intertrons are serious business, I tell you what.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I expressed almost exactly this sentiment recently, but because I neglected to include vitriolic invective,  it got me labelled as a sunshine pumper. The intertrons are serious business, I tell you what.

I hated the Tom hire. If these 2 hires turn it around, I’ll be happy. Dude’s still an arrogant fuckface, but that is fine if he’s winning and not getting embarrassed by TCU, Baylor, ISU and OU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

No, see, confidence is when I think I’m right.  Arrogance is when you think I’m wrong.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Tom Herman is Gerry Rafferty in Stealer's Wheel? Could explain the alleged alcohol issues.

In Cal Naughton Jr. voice:

"I like to think of my Tom Herman with like giant eagles wings and singin' lead vocals on Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street,

you know...

You used to say that it was so easy
But you're trying, you're trying now
Another year and then you'd be happy
Just one more year and then you'd be happy...

and I'm in the front row, and I'm hammered drunk."

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Wells is throwing out more Tyron Carrier hints.

Does Herman still plan on having 2 WR coaches on the coaching staff or something? Because even though IT has saying that UH WR Coach Tyron Carrier is the guy UT is targeting for the open WR Coach position, Horns247 is saying that KU WR Coach Emmitt Jones is the guy.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Does Herman still plan on having 2 WR coaches on the coaching staff or something? Because even though IT has saying that UH WR Coach Tyron Carrier is the guy UT is targeting for the open WR Coach position, Horns247 is saying that KU WR Coach Emmitt Jones is the guy.

i hope not

16 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Are either any good? Not familiar.

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm really jazzed by the Yurcich hiring but it's Ash's defense that will make or break Herman's tenure. Did we get special teams sorted out yet? Because it sucked balls too. 

I'm not sure Herman will fire Casey Horny. I mean that would be the last step in admitting that "Joe Fan and the Masses" (dibs on the band name) were right about his stupid initial staff hires.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Which one of these choads is going to coach special teams? Or are we going to be dropping punts, bringing kickoffs our to the 5 yard line, and jumping offsides on critical FG attempts again?

The legitimate best option from both a results stance and board meltdown is Blake Gideon 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

The battle of the 9.95ers 

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Saban likes to hire disgraced former HCs, so I would say he's got a pretty good shot at a title in the next 2 years.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jester’s Inn said:

SIAP-  Is Ash already on campus and if so, is he giving input for the Texas defense against Utah?  Just curious if Texas will try a 4 man front this game or go with what they have been doing all season. 

Better for Tom not to let Ash have his hands on this game. If we suck running an Ash 4 man front, that’s a whole offseason of potentially bad press 

10 minutes ago, jinx said:

So we hired an OC from the Buckeyes with six years of OC experience at Okie State with 4 top ten offenses in that time.  And we hired a DC that won a national title (with Herman) at Ohio State and was thought highly enough he became a head coach (although that didn't go so well).

If I weren't a Texas fan, I would think all of this seemed pretty good.  But since I am a Texas fan, I am just left to wonder how I have fundamentally misread this seemingly good situation.

Fixed. 

• Like 1