2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, when you've been down one time, been down two times, ooh. Never going back again.

Can Tom handle the season of his life?

Well, he’s been afraid of changing ‘cause he’s built his life around U.......T

But time makes you bolder

Underclassmen get older

Sam’s getting older too

Robb Smith -- Damn more Rutgers stuff

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

• 1999–2001.   Iowa (GA/QC)
  • 2002–2004.    Maine (DB)
  • 2005.                Maine (ST/LB)
  • 2006–2008.      Maine (AHC/DC)
  • 2009.               Rutgers (ST/OLB)
  • 2010.              Rutgers (ST/CB)
  • 2011.            Rutgers (ST/LB)
  • 2012.            Rutgers (DC/DB)
  • 2013   Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LB)
  • 2014–2016      Arkansas (DC/DB)
  • 2017–2018.      Minnesota (DC/LB)
Edited by LTtxfan

17 hours ago, jw4381 said:

drinking beer GIF

I would like to buy her another round.  Or two.

16 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Now your just playing my emotions. Is there any connection to ash or is this a idea of let's gets the best?

*you're

15 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If he was never interested he wouldn’t have interviewed and they wouldn’t have waited several weeks to announce it. USC benefited from resolving that situation as quickly as possible. I find it hard to believe that Harrell turns down an 800k raise and proximity to home to stay at USC

An $800k raise and move from L.A. to Austin is worth a LOT more than $800k.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Either way TH is in Trouble.

I really hate being a voice of reason, I want to be a knee jerk moody shit head message board fan that opposing fans talk bad about. However, this whole situation seems pretty similar to what Orgeron endured last season. He damn near got fired, had some inexcusable losses including the loss to aggy, internally it was a shit show, but he did manage to squeek out a 10 win season with a future heisman winner and loaded roster. If Herman made the right moves this offseason, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that we make a similar jump back up into the national conversation. We saw in the bowl games the last two years that if we scheme right, we have the athletes to play with anyone. I feel like there is a chance we might do just that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I really hate being a voice of reason, I want to be a knee jerk moody shit head message board fan that opposing fans talk bad about. However, this whole situation seems pretty similar to what Orgeron endured last season. He damn near got fired, had some inexcusable losses including the loss to aggy, internally it was a shit show, but he did manage to squeek out a 10 win season with a future heisman winner and loaded roster. If Herman made the right moves this offseason, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that we make a similar jump back up into the national conversation. We saw in the bowl games the last two years that if we scheme right, we have the athletes to play with anyone. I feel like there is a chance we might do just that. 

I'll be quite happy winning with a coach who's abhorred by the Surl Collective. I'm of the Al Davis school: "Just win, baby."

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We don't have a month to prepare and Tom does not know who he is playing from week to week so he can't scheme in time.😉

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Claiming Shackleford sucks his whole career but also claiming our OL will be doomed when he leaves is about the most 6th Street thing anyone could do. 

Shackleford was an average to below average player with great intangibles. I don't regret having him on the team, but he was exploited all season and last season with stunts and middle pressure. I am personally glad he is graduating and giving a shot to someone else. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas O line isn't deficient.

Plus the inexperience at WR has nothing to do with talent. Smith and Eagles have plenty, but the rest of the lot is talented enough to have an impact, experience or not. 

Shouldn't need to read our OL and WR groups in the same sentence as LB, when speaking of talent. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Shackleford was an average to below average player with great intangibles. I don't regret having him on the team, but he was exploited all season and last season with stunts and middle pressure. I am personally glad he is graduating and giving a shot to someone else. 

I never said he was good.

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

2018 Big 12 All Conference

Media - 1st team

Coaches - 2nd team

2019 Big 12 All Conference

Coaches - 1st team

Media - 2nd team

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

2018 Big 12 All Conference

Media - 1st team

Coaches - 2nd team

2019 Big 12 All Conference

Coaches - 1st team

Media - 2nd team

Those awards are a joke. The media, like Kurt Bohls, have no fucking clue who's good on the OL and the coaches don't take them seriously.  Shack has been average, at best, during his time at Texas.  Even in his 4th year, he was still getting blown off the line and rarely got any push in the run game.  And his coordination of the OL as the Center sure left a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Dude, that’s an actual Lindsey Buckingham song. 
A fucking joke, not real commentary on the state of Longhorn football. Or maybe it is.

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It is not exactly a strength 

Eh. We were 10th in Line Yards per Carry in the whole country, and a lot of the sacks were due to game plan/strategy.  Coaches abandoned the run way too often and got us into third and longs where slow-developing pass plays failed to get guys open and Sam was forced to hold it and try to play hero ball.  I think we would've had an easily above average OL unit with a competent OC, and I expect the same next year. We don't have the personnel to be dominant like a tOSU or Oregon this year, but we have the talent to be above average.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Those awards are a joke. The media, like Kurt Bohls, have no fucking clue who's good on the OL and the coaches don't take them seriously.  Shack has been average, at best, during his time at Texas.  Even in his 4th year, he was still getting blown off the line and rarely got any push in the run game.  And his coordination of the OL as the Center sure left a lot to be desired.

Yup he is no Taylor Doyle or Dom Espinosa...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

exactly,  the media are idiots, and as for the coaches, most of the time there are negotiations so every coach can get some guys with awards.  Shack was average, same as our team.

22 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

We gave up 9 sacks to OU 

Yah, I watched the game. 

That's 1/3 of the season's total sacks in one game, but you gotta love "What about that one time!" Guy when you point out something isn't ass. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

I'll be quite happy winning with a coach who's abhorred by the Surl Collective. I'm of the Al Davis school: "Just win, baby."

Yes, but the Collective Surl is still searching for the right position coaches. 

Show us where to look.Tell us what will we find. Oh, Herman let your light shine down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, I watched the game. 

That's 1/3 of the season's total sacks in one game, but you gotta love "What about that one time!" Guy when you point out something isn't ass. 

Most of the teams we played suck.