2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

15 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

What position exactly? I think there are better options at WR coach.

How about TE? Don't really care where. He saved Franklin's job. If it means being good again, I'm fine if he saves Herman's as well. A lot of Brady's concepts at LSU came from working with Moorhead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

TFB saying Emmett Jones, Tyrone Carrier and Andre Coleman are the three front runners, in no particular order.  All three would make a lot more sense 

IT thinks Jones is the heavy favorite. Carrier should interview in the next couple of days. Would love to have one of them coach TEs or an Inside WR/TE coach even

Edited by RGBIII

16 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

How about TE? Don't really care where. He saved Franklin's job. If it means being good again, I'm fine if he saves Herman's as well. A lot of Brady's concepts at LSU came from working with Moorhead.

That’s what I figured you’d say and I highly doubt he’d take a TE job.

20 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Whew. Thank goodness you'd make that enormous sacrifice. Not many men could bear it.

40 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

That’s what I figured you’d say and I highly doubt he’d take a TE job.

I don't think he'd take any position coach job as I said in the original post, but it's kind of late in the coach shuffle so take a swing. Hence, saying kick the tires. If Yurcich kills it here, it's be nice to have his potential replacement already on staff.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

OC - Yurcich

RB - Drayton 

OL - Hand

WR - Emmet Jones?

TE - ?

DC - Ash

LB - ?

DT - ?

DE - Please not Giles 

DB - ?

Isn't keeping Giles the point of having a DT coach? I thought the tone going into the season was that we wanted to keep Giles since he is a good coach, but have a plus recruiter for d-line prospects. 

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well.  Damn.  Cross him off the list.

I've got no one else at TE - anyone got a suggestion?

Honestly, I like Clay Patterson from Minnesota. He’s the hungry, young type of guy we need, that also shows passion for coaching and a history of RPO understanding. And he has a lot of experience down here as he has coached in Oklahoma and Texas. 

he wrote this piece which I think shows some of his acumen https://www.hudl.com/footballtrends/adjusting-the-dump-rpo-vs-man-coverages

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

OC - Yurcich

RB - Drayton 

OL - Hand

WR - Emmet Jones?

TE - ?

DC - Ash

LB - ?

DT - ?

DE - Please not Giles 

DB - ?

I get all of the Giles fatigue, but of all of the problems on our defense last year the DLine was not one of them. The guy was the only one on the defensive staff developing his player room, even if he sucks at acquiring it. If he stays I am not going to be too bent out of shape about it. If we do end up signing Collins you can't even really complain about the recruiting this year.