2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Man, I'm starting to feel really good about next year. Seeing what our d-line can do in a 4 man front, and Sam getting legit coaching with real plans, it's hard not to drink the kool-aid. And here I said I wouldn't do it. 

It’s gonna he hard to replace what Duvernay meant to the offense but there’s a lot of talent left, hopefully some guys step up. Not hard to imagine the running game being better.

It’s also not hard to imagine the defense being better, maybe a lot better just by hopefully avoiding the crazy number of injuries we had this year, running a less asinine scheme and better coaching. How many wins are those last 2 worth by themselves?

• Like 1

Man, I'm starting to feel really good about next year. Seeing what our d-line can do in a 4 man front, and Sam getting legit coaching with real plans, it's hard not to drink the kool-aid. And here I said I wouldn't do it. 

Until you remember that Tom Herman is still a) an asshole, b) grossly overconfident in his own ability, and c) still our head coach.

We’re putting lipstick on a pig. Fuck her if you want, but I’m gonna pass.

7 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Until you remember that Tom Herman is still a) an asshole, b) grossly overconfident in his own ability, and c) still our head coach.

Hoping for the best with at least a competent OC. If Ash runs the same formation we saw in the bowl, it will do wonders. We all knew what Ossai can do, and I'd like to see that all season. 

20 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

It’s gonna he hard to replace what Duvernay meant to the offense but there’s a lot of talent left, hopefully some guys step up. Not hard to imagine the running game being better.

It’s also not hard to imagine the defense being better, maybe a lot better just by hopefully avoiding the crazy number of injuries we had this year, running a less asinine scheme and better coaching. How many wins are those last 2 worth by themselves?

TCU and ISU would have been wins with just moderate coaching, and Orlando killed it. He may be the dumbest DC I can remember here. I'd say even Baylor would have lost, and we split with ou. God that infuriates me. 

I guess Herman will have to pull a rabbit out of his ass, or that's that. At least the next coach will have actual talent to work with, and let's hope he's not an insufferable, narcissistic dick bag. 

Just now, WBT said:

Unfortunately we won't be playing the Utah offense all year

11 minutes ago, RichUT said:

JoyousBriskGrouper-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Unfortunately we won't be playing the Utah offense all year

Oh I know. But we have garbage in most of the conference, so that should help. We have a pretty sizeable talent gap between us and everyone else not named ou. A senior Sam with a legit OC could do some bad things. We already have a legit running game, and now we get to add Bijan to that. If we don't win 11 games this year, it's a catastrophic failure. 

2 hours ago, Chad said:

I'm pleased with the staff shake up. Drayton and Hand are the only two assistants on the offensive side that I felt should be retained. The shit stains and dead weight are gone. Drayton did a phenomenal job given the injury carousel that transpired at the RB position. I believe Johnson should remain at RB with Whittington moving to WR. Ingram, Johnson and Bijan would be a bad ass group of backs and the best group Texas has had at the position since 2005.

You are only saying this because Whittington was injured all year and you havent seen him play. JWhit>>>RoJo at RB, but he strikes me as a guy who may have injury issues throughout his career. Roschon will probably be the borderline RB2/RB3 throughout his career if he sticks at the position. Bijan and/or Whittington should both pass him and may even pass Ingram.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RichUT said:

He's young and hopefully has learned. This isn't the total despair of the Strong years.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's young and hopefully has learned. This isn't the total despair of the Strong years.

It’s not even the same fucking universe as the Strong years. 

So so do these position coach hires wait until after NSD2 or is Anwar going to start posting some ‘Larry Johnson would be a great fit at Texas’ articles after the weekend?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes, but my God man what do you think of NM restaurant options??

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You are only saying this because Whittington was injured all year and you havent seen him play. JWhit>>>RoJo at RB, but he strikes me as a guy who may have injury issues throughout his career. Roschon will probably be the borderline RB2/RB3 throughout his career if he sticks at the position. Bijan and/or Whittington should both pass him and may even pass Ingram.

RoJo needs to concentrate on route running and become a slot nightmare. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn, Debbie downer. 

I get where you’re coming from with koolaid talk. I do the same every off season, but not this time; Texas has to prove it to me. The new coordinators have a lot of work in front of them.   

23 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I get where you’re coming from with koolaid talk. I do the same every off season, but not this time; Texas has to prove it to me. The new coordinators have a lot of work in front of them.   

Indeed they do, but they actually have the talent to work with. Let's hope they're as smart/creative as we hope they are. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

RoJo needs to concentrate on route running and become a slot nightmare. 

14 minutes ago, Llogg said:

RoJo might be the best candidate to replace Duvernay.

How quick is RoJo in the forty, and shuttle??

Sorry folks, I don't see RoJo as a WR.  IMO he's got more upside as a RB, and could possibly be used some at H-back or LB if necessary...

• Like 1

Any Ruidoso recs?  Going this summer for a heat escape.  

Log Cabin restaurant is a great breakfast spot, Casa Blanca is solid Tex/New Mex, and The Village Buttery has the best buttermilk pie I’ve ever had.

Grindstone Lake is a nice place to hike and/or swim in the summer months. The drive up to Bonito Lake and Camp Monjeau is very nice.

7 minutes ago, gurt said:

Log Cabin restaurant is a great breakfast spot, Casa Blanca is solid Tex/New Mex, and The Village Buttery has the best buttermilk pie I’ve ever had.

Grindstone Lake is a nice place to hike and/or swim in the summer months. The drive up to Bonito Lake and Camp Monjeau is very nice.

Cafe Rio pizza is pretty good.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s not even the same fucking universe as the Strong years. 

"Wat's a Sheepinberg?"

9579688-mike-gundy-charlie-strong-ncaa-f

Edited by SaucyJack
I may have stayed with him a hair too long

These coordinator hires seem promising, but I still need to know who he’s going to hire to tell him how to manage the game clock & game situations. Our HC is still the idiot that thought he could run the game clock out with 3 minutes left and the other team having 3 time outs.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jet black said:

These coordinator hires seem promising, but I still need to know who he’s going to hire to tell him how to manage the game clock & game situations. Our HC is still the idiot that thought he could run the game clock out with 3 minutes left and the other team having 3 time outs.

Amen brother!

CO was one of the longhorn wonders who did better in the NFL than for the longhorns. He was a steady third down back and by his Sr year made some big plays for us and was a steadying force (like Tre Watson two years ago). He was never an “NFL” caliber back at Texas but found a niche doing the same in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

CO was one of the longhorn wonders who did better in the NFL than for the longhorns. He was a steady third down back and by his Sr year made some big plays for us and was a steadying force (like Tre Watson two years ago). He was never an “NFL” caliber back at Texas but found a niche doing the same in the NFL. 

Or he was a really talented player that Texas didn’t properly utilize by scheme and didn’t get proper playing time. But I guess you’re saying his ability to succeed in the NFL but just be an OK back at Texas has nothing to do with Texas? 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Some of those big plays came against the land thieves, so extra credit there.  Sydney is spot on though, don’t think our coaches knew what they had in CO.