2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Couldn’t disagree more. These kids are there for football first and foremost. School is a distant second, if a factor at all, and if they’re making the grades, let them pursue their vocation. Our high and might anthem wears thin. 

You sound like a Cal Berkeley guy there. 

I think we should have a major in football or sports major.

You could teach offensive and defensive theory,  coaching techniques, strength and conditioning and a kind of sales course in recruiting. 

Also,  the program would teach TV production and courses in diction,  and radio and TV commentary (Lord knows we need good commentators).  

Really what it would be is an up to date PE major. You could choose emphasis on football,  basketball or an emphasis on TV production. 

The football players that didn't want to play school could slide right in there and kids that wanted to become coaches or go in to TV would have a place to go.  

• Like 1

So is Giles a given now?
I think DL has been the best unit every year, aside from QB. To me, he is the only defensive coach that earned his job via performance... And going to a 43 should amplify his coaching.

I know some people don't line his recruiting, but 95 doesnt screw around. He gets his guys to play their assignments, regardless of star ratings.

If nothing else, keep him from other teams. Dude can corch.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, Herman's merry band of dipshits are all really setting the world on the fire with their new landing spots. It's pretty funny in a cynical way thinking about the way numerous folks defended the original staff and then retaining the original staff. Nobody worth a fuck wants any of these guys.

Looking at it through glasses not tinted with seething hatred, one can argue they all seem to be landing pretty well for guys who got fired.

But, that kind of observation is no fun at all for someone who wants to just crap all over everything in sight.

• Like 7

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Looking at it through glasses not tinted with seething hatred, one can argue they all seem to be landing pretty well for guys who got fired.

But, that kind of observation is no fun at all for someone who wants to just crap all over everything in sight.

Mehringer still found an FBS OC title! After rumors that his entire position group was going to transfer and that he might have been actively sabotaging the team!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

By the way, in light of the Naivar news...

Does any other dipshit want to come on here and wax philosophic about how it's completely normal for Ash to be taking his sweet ass fucking time, and how Naivar just interviewed for his job yesterday? Does anyone really fucking believe he interviewed for his job, hopped on a plane, and interviewed for Tech and got the position within 24 hours of his first interview and contact with Chris Ash? Because that's basically the narrative several people were putting forth yesterday.

Geeze, it's almost like Matt Wells was reaching out and talking to people to put together his fucking staff well in advance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

One can also argue that Hitler was not a bad guy and that he was just misunderstood. 

Todd Orlando went from the DC at one of the top 10 jobs in the country to a position coach in Lubbock. You can argue that he landed fairly well but you would still be fucking wrong. 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

First the NCAA is worthless. The same organization that let Newton play, walked back punishments for Penn State and hasn’t done a god dammed thing to Baylor who institutionally recruited and harbored rapists. 

Also Nancy Drew, how does one prove someone is dirty? This isn’t the Wire, you aren’t getting phone taps. Plus there are burner phones, uncles, street agents, churches, car dealers involved that are professionals of laundering money.   Unless someone confesses WITH hard evidence.  you ain’t got shit 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

The problem is that the NCAA just ignored an FBI wiretap where LSU’s b-ball coach was clearly talking about paying a recruit, so if that’s not good enough for them, then what is? Bank transfers directly from the school or a coach’s account? Photo/video evidence of a coach handing a recruit cash out in the open? No one’s ever getting that type of evidence because schools aren’t that dumb. All they have to do is have a bag man (or bag hag) hand money to a player’s family member and the NCAA has shown over and over again that it’s spineless and won’t do anything.

Additionally, wasn't there evidence of  SEC "court stacking" at the NCAA to ensure they were covering their asses?  In any event, the NCAA is just a lobcock.

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

The problem is that the NCAA just ignored an FBI wiretap where LSU’s b-ball coach was clearly talking about paying a recruit, so if that’s not good enough for them, then what is? Bank transfers directly from the school or a coach’s account? Photo/video evidence of a coach handing a recruit cash out in the open? No one’s ever getting that type of evidence because schools aren’t that dumb. All they have to do is have a bag man (or bag hag) hand money to a player’s family member and the NCAA has shown over and over again that it’s spineless and won’t do anything.

Au contraire mon frère.  I understand there are some colleges that send payments to recruits via Fed Ex and that those overnight packages will sometimes just spontaneously burst open to release cold, hard cash.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does any other dipshit want to come on here and wax philosophic about how it's completely normal for Ash to be taking his sweet ass fucking time, and how Naivar just interviewed for his job yesterday? Does anyone really fucking believe he interviewed for his job, hopped on a plane, and interviewed for Tech and got the position within 24 hours of his first interview and contact with Chris Ash? Because that's basically the narrative several people were putting forth yesterday.

Geeze, it's almost like Matt Wells was reaching out and talking to people to put together his fucking staff well in advance. 

What do you think is happening?

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

One can also argue that Hitler was not a bad guy and that he was just misunderstood. 

Todd Orlando went from the DC at one of the top 10 jobs in the country to a position coach in Lubbock. You can argue that he landed fairly well but you would still be fucking wrong. 

First - I was making no value judgements about how good these guys are or are not.  So, I have no idea what you are trying to say with the Hitler comment.  

Second - the story originally said Orlando was going to be Co-DC, now it says Assistant HC / LB coach.  Again, for a guy that just got fired, I'd say that is landing pretty well.  It's not like he's simply a LB coach at McNeese State.

In short, I'd say I'm fucking right, but thanks for your thoughts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Au contraire mon frère.  I understand there are some colleges that send payments to recruits via Fed Ex and that those overnight packages will sometimes just spontaneously burst open to release cold, hard cash.

That is a good crime. No way to get caught.

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He was evaluating the coaches before the bowl game. 

It wasn't a for sure thing all of them were going to be replaced. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does any other dipshit want to come on here and wax philosophic about how it's completely normal for Ash to be taking his sweet ass fucking time, and how Naivar just interviewed for his job yesterday?

Yes!

I want Ash to take his time to make sure he gets the hires "right" and gets the guys he wants and is comfortable with. Hell if it means missing out on a few NSD2 recruits then it's worth it. Even if it means losing Collins, it's still worth it to make sure he gets the hires "right". Even if it means losing out on key transfers that can help us next season, and causes a bunch of guys to enter the transfer portal because they have no idea who their position coach will be, and then every draft eligible player declares and we have to start walk-ons next season, it will all have been worth it so that Ash can get his hires "right".

Edited by elguapo

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, dude, those are great opportunities that these guys crushed in landing. Their time at Texas was totally merited also. Great hires and I’m sure they appreciate having you in their corner. 

Also, I don’t have “seething hatred” for anyone, and it is pretty hard to muster any energy for a dipshitted head coach that can’t get out of his own way. I just want to see competence and a conference title with a shot at the CFP in 2020. That’s all. If stumblefuck nails that, he can deny the fucking holocaust and fuck your wife in broad daylight in the middle of Times Square and I won’t give a fuck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Yes!

I want Ash to take his time to make sure he gets the hires "right" and gets the guys he wants and is comfortable well. Hell if it means missing out on a few NSD2 recruits then it's worth it. Even if it means losing Collins, it's still worth it to make sure he gets the hires "right". Even if it means losing out on key transfers that can help us next season, and causes a bunch of guys to enter the transfer portal because they have no idea who their position coach will be, and then every draft eligible player declares and we have to start walk-ons next season, it will all have been worth it so that Ash can get his hires "right".

The point is that he could have been doing his due diligence for, literally, weeks now to "Get things Right." And clearly hasn't. Other folks move at a decent pace and get shit "right" all the fucking time, at some point it's just ineptitude. 

Also, losing out on Collins under no circumstances is "Getting shit right." The fucking level to which people will bend over backwards apologizing for coaches is mind blowing to me. And your notion that fucking up to the point that we're starting walk ons is absurd to the point that it can't be taken seriously. I hope this is satire and I'm missing the joke. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

First - I was making no value judgements about how good these guys are or are not.  So, I have no idea what you are trying to say with the Hitler comment.  

Second - the story originally said Orlando was going to be Co-DC, now it says Assistant HC / LB coach.  Again, for a guy that just got fired, I'd say that is landing pretty well.  It's not like he's simply a LB coach at McNeese State.

In short, I'd say I'm fucking right, but thanks for your thoughts.

The Hitler comment was a sarcastic crack at your ridiculous "you could argue" nonsense. That apparently went right over your head. 

In short, your as fucking wrong as Katfid at a BET awards show. And you don't have to thank me for anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

The point is that he could have been doing his due diligence for, literally, weeks now to "Get things Right." And clearly hasn't. Other folks move at a decent pace and get shit "right" all the fucking time, at some point it's just ineptitude. 

Also, losing out on Collins under no circumstances is "Getting shit right." The fucking level to which people will bend over backwards apologizing for coaches is mind blowing to me. 

Uhhh....

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, losing out on Collins under no circumstances is "Getting shit right." The fucking level to which people will bend over backwards apologizing for coaches is mind blowing to me. And your notion that fucking up to the point that we're starting walk ons is absurd to the point that it can't be taken seriously. I hope this is satire and I'm missing the joke. 

Buddy, your sarcasm meter is way outta whack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The Hitler comment was a sarcastic crack at your ridiculous "you could argue" nonsense. That apparently went right over your head. 

In short, your as fucking wrong as Katfid at a BET awards show. And you don't have to thank me for anything. 

Well, yeah, you certainly proved me wrong.  You are absolutely right - they all landed in shit jobs!

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Buddy, your sarcasm meter is way outta whack.

Just now, elguapo said:

If "and then every draft eligible player declares and we have to start walk-ons next season, it will all have been worth it" didn't tip you off, it might be time to take a break from this thread.

Listen, that's hardly the first time. I did mentioned satire for a reason. 

That being said, that isn't that far off from what a few posters here were saying yesterday. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I hope this is satire and I'm missing the joke. 

If "and then every draft eligible player declares and we have to start walk-ons next season, it will all have been worth it" didn't tip you off, it might be time to take a break from this thread.

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

You might be right, but I find it hard to believe. Don't you think it's possible that candidates might still be coaching?

Dude, when as a coach that's still been coaching EVER stopped an agent or a coach's representatives from reaching out and receiving overtures from outside parties? Have you never looked for a job while still being employed? Do you think people turn down calls from recruiters until their two weeks notice has been handed in or they've been shown to the fucking elevator with their meager box of belongings? 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, when as a coach that's still been coaching EVER stopped an agent or a coach's representatives from reaching out and receiving overtures from outside parties? Have you never looked for a job while still being employed? Do you think people turn down calls from recruiters until their two weeks notice has been handed in or they've been shown to the fucking elevator with their meager box of belongings? 

Obviously. I'm suggesting that it just hasn't leaked. You're suggesting that nothing has happened. I find that hard to believe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Isn't there like some stupid Texas state law that says all job openings must be posted for 7 days before hiring a state employee? Have all the assistant coaching positions been posted, yet?

Ash just started on Monday, It can take about a week to get a few really good candidate leads from Zip Recruiter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Obviously. I'm suggesting that it just hasn't leaked. You're suggesting that nothing has happened. I find that hard to believe.

Maybe. Herman is tight lipped. But how long with no movement before we start to think these guys just stepped on their dicks?

Personally, I'm skeptical Herman can (or is even trying) to attract guys still coaching in the NFL playoffs of the college championship games. 

21 minutes ago, torre said:

Naivar will be missed.    Well respected by players,  high school coaches,  Jeff Traylor type personality.

His recruiting legacy will be the flip of Sterns from LSU.     Great job at the Alamo Bowl,  Craig  !    Best of Luck.

Naivar wasn’t responsible for flipping Sterns. He was on the Sterns recruitment for a while and couldn’t get him to flip. It wasn’t until Washington took point on the recruitment that the Sterns flip happened. 

• Like 2

I'd say Todd Orlando landed pretty fucking softly. Anybody in any other industry who performed as poorly as he did at his most recent gig would be putting in applications to trade school, not for other jobs in the same damned industry. Is "Asst-coach / LB coach" at Tech a glamour NCAA coaching gig? Fuck no. But the fact that Todd Orlando is coaching football ANYWHERE next year is a soft fucking landing for the guy.

• Like 1

I think we should have a major in football or sports major.
You could teach offensive and defensive theory,  coaching techniques, strength and conditioning and a kind of sales course in recruiting. 
Also,  the program would teach TV production and courses in diction,  and radio and TV commentary (Lord knows we need good commentators).  
Really what it would be is an up to date PE major. You could choose emphasis on football,  basketball or an emphasis on TV production. 
The football players that didn't want to play school could slide right in there and kids that wanted to become coaches or go in to TV would have a place to go.  

Hell yeah. I could tell everybody my degree was actually in Radio, TV and Football. That sounds way more awesome

17 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, yeah, you certainly proved me wrong.  You are absolutely right - they all landed in shit jobs!

They all took demotions, dude. They failed in their work on the big stage, and several of them failed amazingly. Going to FAU and New Mexico is like being sent to the salt mine in CFB. Demoted to a position coach in fucking Lubbock is a negative trajectory. Going to NC State is tumbling downwards. Spinning otherwise is fucking bizarre. Also, every one of these clowns took less money in their new roles. What the fuck are you talking about that they've wound up in pretty good shape?