2020 Coaching Staff

17 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Per fuckspurstalk

24/7 mentioned former NC Sate DC Dave Huxtable as a guy under consideration for the LB job. He coached with Ash at Wisconsin in 2011. 

hahahaha he’s basically the NC State version of Orlando.  

At least this dude has actually coached the position w/20 years of experience coaching LBs directly.  Also looks like he handled ST at five different stops.  

Edited by Stampeder

14 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Per fuckspurstalk

24/7 mentioned former NC Sate DC Dave Huxtable as a guy under consideration for the LB job. He coached with Ash at Wisconsin in 2011. 

Im shocked, shocked that Chris Ash with the approval of Tom Herman is putting his fucking band back together.  At this point this is just comedy. I fully expect Ash to ask for Herman and CDC to get on a plain and beg Patridge to change his mind. 

Per fuckspurstalk

At a glance, NC State hasn't produced much in terms of all conference/NFL draft pick types at LB while he's been there. They do appear to at least recruit LBs though, so there's that. Initial impression is very meh but I'll defer to those with more familiarity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To your other points, you’d enjoy being in my vicinity, people actually like me, 

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Thank god. See...that wasn’t so hard now, was it?

And to be clear, I don’t give a fuck if you’re mean. My point is usually that you’re an unoriginal cunt.

Nonsense. He's a terribly original cunt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im shocked, shocked that Chris Ash with the approval of Tom Herman is putting his fucking band back together.  At this point this is just comedy. I fully expect Ash to ask for Herman and CDC to get on a plain and beg Patridge to change his mind. 

Settle down - they coached together for one season of this guys nearly 40 year career.  I don't think he was corrupted too badly in that time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

*googles Dave Huxtable*
Jesus Christ
5c7aee6a6cf7f.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267

8 minutes ago, Xian said:

Is that Robert earl keen?

No, that’s Brian Bosworth’s derelict twin brother from Dr. Pepper’s “Fanville” commercial series who knows the secrets of “Big Fan”.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Sigh. Fine. At least he's got experience and the players like him.

What a wet fart this whole process has been.

Just on the merits he's a really good candidate (6 years as a position coach for Snyder - he clearly knows how to coach) - he's got experience as a player in college and the NFL, position coach experience, and has produced good WR's at Kansas St.  But the fact that the previous WR coaches were fired a month ago - and we're just now going to hire the guy already on staff?  Ugh.

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Let it be written:

Other names like E. Jones and T. Carrier resonated more, but I like this move overall.  Played WR in the NFL, coached the position for several years and has been with the team for the last year.  If he's the guy, so be it.  We definitely need to add rainmaking recruiters via the TE and soon-to-be RB coaches.  On D it's sounding like Jai Alai is gonna have to be that guy.  Carrington gonna continue to earn his money. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Just on the merits he's a really good candidate (6 years as a position coach for Snyder - he clearly knows how to coach) - he's got experience as a player in college and the NFL, position coach experience, and has produced good WR's at Kansas St.  But the fact that the previous WR coaches were fired a month ago - and we're just now going to hire the guy already on staff?  Ugh.

I wrote in the recruiting thread how if this is the case then this could have been done when Mehringer was fired and we probably don't lose Quentin Johnston.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Settle down - they coached together for one season of this guys nearly 40 year career.  I don't think he was corrupted too badly in that time.

Counterpoint: The guy will defer to an unimpressive candidate he worked with for exactly 1 season almost a decade ago over doing to legitimate search for candidates that are actually, you know, good. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I wrote in the recruiting thread how if this is the case then this could have been done when Mehringer was fired and we probably don't lose Quentin Johnston.

Yep.  Guessing TH gave Yurcich some latitude to make the call on a couple coaches and this is where we ended up.  Not a bad hire, imo, but sure looks like we're having a hard time landing our #1 or even #2 choices.

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You can’t even get mad anymore. You just have to laugh at this clown show. We have been turned down by a WR coach at Kansas and UH. Now we might just hire the nobody already on staff. 

You’re assuming we even made a real run at them, which I doubt. This hiring process has been pathetic. Take over a month to make a bunch of comfort hires.

If Herman/Ash had really been trying for guys outside their coaching circle for the last month, then more names would’ve leaked. Instead, the seriously waited this whole time to start the process last weekend and are just going after  a bunch of dudes they’ve already coached with, which is why names have only really been coming out this week. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Yep.  Guessing TH gave Yurcich some latitude to make the call on a couple coaches and this is where we ended up.  Not a bad hire, imo, but sure looks like we're having a hard time landing our #1 or even #2 choices.

Buddy, at this point it’s legitimate to ask if they’re even interviewing ANY candidates. I think they’re just offering jobs to people, preferably if they’re already in the building, or currently unemployed.

• Like 1

You’re assuming we even made a real run at them, which I doubt. This hiring process has been pathetic. Take over a month to make a bunch of comfort hires.
If Herman/Ash had really been trying for guys outside their coaching circle for the last month, then more names would’ve leaked. Instead, the seriously waited this whole time to start the process last weekend and are just going after  a bunch of dudes they’ve already coached with, which is why names have only really been coming out this week. 
It's like we wanted to make the comfort hires look less like comfort hires, so we waited a long time to make them. In the meantime, we've made no traction on recruiting since we've had no coaches.

3 hours ago, Stampeder said:

Has any Texas AD ever had control over firing the head coach?  If the plug is pulled I don't think it'll be CDC making that decision.

CDC will be influenced to some degree by the biggest of BMD I'm sure, but the decision has to come from one guy and I think under the current regime that will be CDC.

In the past, the president has intervened in these decisions, but I get the sense that Fenves wanted to hire someone like CDC and then wash his hands of calling the shots for Texas Athletics. 

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You can’t even get mad anymore. You just have to laugh at this clown show. We have been turned down by a WR coach at Kansas and UH. Now we might just hire the nobody already on staff. 

He's actually got a solid resume. But dicking around for six weeks to get here and losing by far our best WR recruit in the process? Fucking ugh.

• Like 3

Coleman- not retained by KSU

Ash- fired by Rutgers

Valai- not retained by Rutgers

Yurcich- maybe a real pull but not per Bucknuts

Huxtable(if true)- fired from NCSU

looks like if you want to know who’s next, limit your speculation to guys fired or not retained.   So we get Okam if the new Baylor guy doesn’t want him.  What TE coach has recently been fired?

This is fucking absurd. 

I was a peon at a tech start-up in my early/mid-20’s. We were blowing up and growing so fast that it was hard to keep up. I show up one day and one of the higher ranking guys tells me “hey, uh, yeah, that guy over at that desk? yeah, we just hired him. he works for you now. “ and that’s how I became a manager. No training. No say in who reported to me. Just “here you go”.

That guy they had reporting to me? SydneyCarton, for fucks sake. There’s no way they interviewed him. I think he was delivering something to the front desk, asked what was going on there, said he’d be interested in getting a job there and the receptionist hired him on the spot and sent him in to report in a VP’s office. 

Herman’s conducting a less sophisticated process than that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is fucking absurd. 

I was a peon at a tech start-up in my early/mid-20’s. We were blowing up and growing so fast that it was hard to keep up. I show up one day and one of the higher ranking guys tells me “hey, uh, yeah, that guy over at that desk? yeah, we just hired him. he works for you now. “ and that’s how I became a manager. No training. No say in who reported to me. Just “here you go”.

That guy they had reporting to me? SydneyCarton, for fucks sake. There’s no way they interviewed him. I think he was delivering something to the front desk, asked what was going on there, said he’d be interested in getting a job there and the receptionist hired him on the spot and sent him in to report in a VP’s office. 

Herman’s conducting a less sophisticated process than that. 

SydneyCarton was your delivery/personal errand/whipping boy???

This is starting to look like shopping for the new family dog after the old one died. Shopping rescues hoping you get something close to what you are looking for, paying less. Sometimes you find a cute one that only has 3 legs and a name so you can't rename it tripod which defeats the purpose of having a 3 legged dog. Rich people go out and find a breeder with great championship bloodlines of the exact breed they want. They overpay but usually get a damn good dog. Why can't we go get a damn good dog.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Coleman- not retained by KSU

Ash- fired by Rutgers

Valai- not retained by Rutgers

Yurcich- maybe a real pull but not per Bucknuts

Huxtable(if true)- fired from NCSU

looks like if you want to know who’s next, limit your speculation to guys fired or not retained.   So we get Okam if the new Baylor guy doesn’t want him.  What TE coach has recently been fired?

Thought Coleman was asked to stay at K-State by Coach Klieman, but Andre declined??  Either way Coleman was a well respected assistant at K-State and one of their best recruiters.  If  Yrrrrrcich wants Coleman as his WR coach, then I'm cool with it.

Here's a good article and videos on Coach Coleman.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article212284614.html 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Buddy, at this point it’s legitimate to ask if they’re even interviewing ANY candidates. I think they’re just offering jobs to people, preferably if they’re already in the building, or currently unemployed.

This is why half measures don’t work. Either Texas is radioactive because we are about to fire herman in a year or two, or we left the lead inmate in charge of the asylum and expected different results than 3 years ago. 

we plain suck at the administration of the athletic department.  Every aspect of it. 

247 / FCB / Position coach update

Spoiler

ChipBrown247

Saturday, 3:45 pm - How about this for a twist: Heard from a source close to the Cowboys that the running backs coach offer from Dallas to Stan Drayton was roughly $200,000 less than the $525,000 Drayton made at Texas in 2019.

According to a source, Drayton also has an offer to join the staff of the Los Angeles Rams. A source close to the situation said the Cowboys expect an answer "soon."

* As we reported Friday, there is real traction for interim receivers coach Andre Coleman to be retained on the staff. Hearing an announcement naming Coleman to the staff could come soon. Coleman, who served as an analyst at Texas this past season, served as offensive coordinator at Kansas State in 2018 and receivers coach at K-State from 2013-17.

* Former Alabama defensive coordinator and Browns D-line coach Tosh Lupoi, who interviewed for the D-line/DT job at Texas earlier this week, was named the defensive line coach of the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday.

With Lupoi off the board, keep an eye on Baylor D-line coach Frank Okam and Pittsburgh D-line coach Charlie Partridge, who have also been mentioned by sources as being under consideration for the D-line/DT job at Texas.

CDC to Herman "Tom, we are the richest athletic department in the country and a blue blood football program.  We should have one of the top 10 coaches at every position.  Put together a list of the top names, let's sit down and discuss each of them and make sure we land one of them.  Some may not come due to loyalty to their current program, or may be bad fits for our schemes or culture, but we will get one of them."

Is that how the process should work?  I don't think that is how the process is working. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247 / FCB / Position coach update

Reveal hidden contents

ChipBrown247

Saturday, 3:45 pm - How about this for a twist: Heard from a source close to the Cowboys that the running backs coach offer from Dallas to Stan Drayton was roughly $200,000 less than the $525,000 Drayton made at Texas in 2019.

According to a source, Drayton also has an offer to join the staff of the Los Angeles Rams. A source close to the situation said the Cowboys expect an answer "soon."

* As we reported Friday, there is real traction for interim receivers coach Andre Coleman to be retained on the staff. Hearing an announcement naming Coleman to the staff could come soon. Coleman, who served as an analyst at Texas this past season, served as offensive coordinator at Kansas State in 2018 and receivers coach at K-State from 2013-17.

* Former Alabama defensive coordinator and Browns D-line coach Tosh Lupoi, who interviewed for the D-line/DT job at Texas earlier this week, was named the defensive line coach of the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday.

With Lupoi off the board, keep an eye on Baylor D-line coach Frank Okam and Pittsburgh D-line coach Charlie Partridge, who have also been mentioned by sources as being under consideration for the D-line/DT job at Texas.

Right.  JJ gets that salary delta in about 20 parking spaces for one game.  

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So at this point we’re looking at.

HC - Tommy

OC/QB - Yurchic

RB - Drayton (for now)

WR - Coleman *

TE -  ??

OL - Hand 

DC/S -  Ash

DL - Okam/Partridge* and Giles

LB -  Smith/Huxtable*

CB - Valai