2020 Coaching Staff

26 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe but it's kind of interesting no names have been floating around the TE position. Has there even been a single name rumored for the TE job? 

I haven’t seen anyone mentioned that’s what makes it seem like it’s Beatty’s but they can’t announce it. I’m sure if the contract persists they will have to move on. Plus it lets them keep Carrington on the road recruiting. 

53 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

I haven’t seen anyone mentioned that’s what makes it seem like it’s Beatty’s but they can’t announce it. I’m sure if the contract persists they will have to move on. Plus it lets them keep Carrington on the road recruiting. 

Carrington having the ability to stay on the road to recruit is probably the main reason we haven't heard much for a TE coach. 

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

If we hire Hutzler with Coleman and our special teams don't drastically improve we're cursed. Coleman was also very good at developing returners at K-State. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

That was the Wizard’s voodoo as much as anything. But hopefully Coleman learned a trick or two. 

Coleman was a returner first and receiver waaay after in the NFL. For his career, he had a total of 602 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, as opposed to 384 punt return yards and 1 punt return TD, and 4466 kick return yards and 4 touchdowns. He knows what he's doing when it comes to the return game.

11 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Sorry the last 10 years really haven’t given me hope to be hyped for anything. Prove it to me instead of just being like yeah great hires rah rah rah

There’s literally about 50 pages of this thread discussing at length exactly why the opposite is true of your original post: Ash is shit and Yurcich is potentially a very good hire. No one is more down on all these hires and than me (except satya but he doesn’t count) and even I think your post is fucking Retarded. Read the thread, and stop trying to move the goalposts to “these hires.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

If we hire Hutzler with Coleman and our special teams don't drastically improve we're cursed. Coleman was also very good at developing returners at K-State. 

We aren’t cursed. It just means Herman didn’t have either of them coaching or working with ST. I like to reserve the notion Cursed for larger, more unbelievable things that are difficult to statistically explain, like Texas being horrifically bad for the past decade. Making bad hire after bad hire, etc.

But this? Having two quality special teams coaches on Staff and not letting them coach ST? That just seems like a Tom Herman thing to do. 

Yeah, I continue to see people applying logic to their expectations for what Herman is doing with this program. There isn’t any. Just start assuming the worst possible scenario, or the dumbest, to any circumstance and you’ll stop being surprised or disappointed. We have the most rock stupid head coach in college football and he’s currently being far outclassed by the likes of Ed fucking Orgeron.

7 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Oh the difference a few days makes 

HC - Herman

OC - Yurchic

RB - Drayton (50/50 NFL rumors)

WR - Coleman

TE - ???

OL - Hand 

DC/S - Ash

DE - Giles

DT - Okam* 

LB/ST - Hutzler* 

CB - Valai

*If* all the above comes to pass there's little question it's a staff upgrade overall.  The issue is and has been maximizing the opportunity and what it says about TH that we clearly aren't.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I continue to see people applying logic to their expectations for what Herman is doing with this program. There isn’t any. Just start assuming the worst possible scenario, or the dumbest, to any circumstance and you’ll stop being surprised or disappointed. We have the most rock stupid head coach in college football and he’s currently being far outclassed by the likes of Ed fucking Orgeron.

I mean, everyone in the country was outclassed by Orgeron this year 

4 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

To be fair, Ed Fucking Orgeron just outclassed everybody else in College Football this year.

No shit? Does that make it okay? How about Matt Rhule? Lincoln Riley? Ryan Day? Mario fucking Cristobal? 

All guys hired when Herman was hired or after him, all outperforming him across the board and on the reg. But yeah, it’s okay, it was just Ed’s turn. Ours is probably coming up here shortly with the Hermanataur, the half bull, half retarded neanderthal roaming our sidelines and breathing loudly through his mouth into our school’s microphones. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Does anyone else get the feeling CTJ doesn’t like Tom Herman?

I'm not quite ready to go out on a limb and say Yes...However he gives me some vibes like he doesn't.. Feels like they were friends who turned enemies, foot racing does that to people.

This thought has bothered me for some time. I get that Mensa is a little bit scammy and markety, but you do actually have to qualify by scoring extremely high on an approved nationally-recognized test like the IQ test, or the SAT, or the MCAT.  That means you have some level of applied intelligence that’s far above average at something.  I’ve also met several members and across the board they were pretty impressive.

So, how??? I mean, you’ve seen what I’ve seen. We’re not talking “so smart he’s stupid” or “book smart but not street smart” here.  

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This thought has bothered me for some time. I get that Mensa is a little bit scammy and markety, but you do actually have to qualify by scoring extremely high on an approved nationally-recognized test like the IQ test, or the SAT, or the MCAT.  That means you have some level of applied intelligence that’s far above average at something.  I’ve also met several members and across the board they were pretty impressive.

So, how??? I mean, you’ve seen what I’ve seen. We’re not talking “so smart he’s stupid” or “book smart but not street smart” here.  

Think it’s IQ.  The one broad I’ve met that was Mensa did not seem that sharp.

42 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Is there any actual proof that the guy is in MENSA? Beyond that, don't you have to apply and pay to join? How insecure do you have to be to proactively apply to an organization that confirms to you that you're very intelligent? Anyway, there's a big difference between smart and intelligent. Some of the least impressive people I've worked with have been unquestionably intelligent as evidenced by the Ivy League degrees and test scores that they regularly reference. In early, gritty growth stages of a business, those are often the easiest to grind into dust.

38 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Has anyone seen CTJ and Zach Smith in the same room at the same time?

You don't have to be a wifebeater to think that Tom Herman is an imbecile. But, uh, yeah, thanks for projecting that onto me.

Has anyone seen TexEx15 and Jerry Sandusky in the same room at the same time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Every piece of Texas coaching news must involve Rutgers in some way.

Did Hutzler once sleep with a girl from New Brunswick or something? We need to find the connection.

Might be right.... 

Instead of "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon",  it feels like Mensa and Ash are trying to find new assistants by playing "6 Degrees of F'N RUTGERS"

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Is there any actual proof that the guy is in MENSA? Beyond that, don't you have to apply and pay to join? How insecure do you have to be to proactively apply to an organization that confirms to you that you're very intelligent? Anyway, there's a big difference between smart and intelligent. Some of the least impressive people I've worked with have been unquestionably intelligent as evidenced by the Ivy League degrees and test scores that they regularly reference. In early, gritty growth stages of a business, those are often the easiest to grind into dust.

Went to the website, and it says the process to join is as follows: "To become a Mensan, all you need to do is demonstrate you have an IQ in the top two per cent. There is no other criterion. That means scoring at the 98th percentile or above on an accepted intelligence test. "

The list of tests is fairly long:  https://www.us.mensa.org/join/testscores/qualifying-test-scores/

As far as why - most people I know of join because they're professional opinion-givers, like consultants or expert witnesses, and (like it or not) the Mensa thing impresses the people who choose to hire such folks.  Similar to "Senior Class Vice President" on college entrance applications.

Anyway, I agree that there's a big difference between "capable" and "intelligent."  See it every day with "experts."  But the mistakes supposedly "intelligent" people make seem to be along a certain vein - they do things like over-analyze and focus on minutiae, paralyze themselves with too many options and potential variables, complicate simple ideas, etc.  

Other than the "too arrogant to listen to common sense or other people," the mistakes I see from Herman look to me like a guy who can't process all the moving parts quickly enough.  Add to that the fact that there are reports from other coaches that he's a bit of a dim bulb, and I just don't get it.

I thought that his Mensa-ship had been confirmed but if not, that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ed outclassed everyone last night, not just Herman

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've thought that for a while too.  Why would anyone feel the need to join?  Its like when someone uses lengthy and rarely-used words in order to try to establish themselves as more intelligent than others.  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Ed outclassed everyone last night, not just Herman

Oh yeah? The entire premise was already addressed in the thread. 

3 hours ago, trythisathome said:

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

To be fair, Ed Fucking Orgeron just outclassed everybody else in College Football this year.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

No shit? Does that make it okay? How about Matt Rhule? Lincoln Riley? Ryan Day? Mario fucking Cristobal? 

All guys hired when Herman was hired or after him, all outperforming him across the board and on the reg. But yeah, it’s okay, it was just Ed’s turn. Ours is probably coming up here shortly with the Hermanataur, the half bull, half retarded neanderthal roaming our sidelines and breathing loudly through his mouth into our school’s microphones. 

I've taken as much as I can take. Turn off your tapatalk signature or I will have to start negging you. Thank you. 

Screenshot_20191230-132934.thumb.jpg.61be3cd2ae6ceae353a5d633643d8e19.jpg.f685bb5b880ea0c639250d857d19e583.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-132938.thumb.jpg.65142e29b46ae9e8c028cc442a38532f.jpg.c4ad1c53d57de6e047ecfaa120a4cc2b.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-132943.thumb.jpg.2633e4975516a81530370e32389ff67a.jpg.4d34a3977789c0239be5fc0acf9bee7b.jpg

Lol. Never thought anything of it. I'll get rid of it to appease the mob, but I have to say the level of concern about an automated one-line signature on this board is a little odd.