2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Not going to happen! LSU's biggest problem the entire 2010's was their uninspiring pro-style offenses. With the success they had this season, their not going make the same OC hire mistakes that Les Miles & Ed Orgeron made in the past. Their going to moneywhip a spread OC.

How long until the rest of the SEC figures them out though? LSU is gonna go through an entire offseason of teams game planning for them and that spread that’s not even gonna be ran by Brady. I’ve seen the Myles Brennan kid play and honestly I’m not that impressed. Im no expert but I see LSU as a 3-4 loss team next year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

How long until the rest of the SEC figures them out though? LSU is gonna go through an entire offseason of teams game planning for them and that spread that’s not even gonna be ran by Brady. I’ve seen the Myles Brennan kid play and honestly I’m not that impressed. Im no expert but I see LSU as a 3-4 loss team next year.

It wasn't that they were "figured out" or not. They were just great. Great playcalling, great recievers, great QB. Some plays the call is just right for easy yards, some plays Burrow beats ya with the scramble pass, some plays the recievers just get the 50-50 balls. Any one of those things goes down, the offense isn't going to be as good. They are all three gone...

42 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It wasn't that they were "figured out" or not. They were just great. Great playcalling, great recievers, great QB. Some plays the call is just right for easy yards, some plays Burrow beats ya with the scramble pass, some plays the recievers just get the 50-50 balls. Any one of those things goes down, the offense isn't going to be as good. They are all three gone...

JaMarr Chase and Terrace Marshall Jr. are guaranteed to come back. I'm not sure about Moss, Edwards-Helaire, or Jefferson, but the skill talent at LSU will still be elite next year. 

That's probably the least important of the three you mentioned though

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Right, just saying I'm not inclined to attribute the LSU offensive explosion entirely to Burrow suddenly turning himself into an elite of the elite QB. 

Crazy that all Burrow did was "play football" this semester... they reported that he only took 1 online class the whole semester.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, closetojumping said:

I wanted Justin Fuente, and he, like the rest of the coaching world, wasn’t in consideration because they only considered one candidate. Anyway, looking at things these days, it doesn’t look like Fuente would have been demonstrably better or worse than our current fuckface. 

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Leinart just took ballroom dancing, and USC's a real school, not just a community college attached to an NFL team.

Leinart already had enough credits to graduate, I thought. It was just a phony class to justify one more semester at USC.

Hutzler better not be coaching Ossai next year. 

Ossai still needs to prove he can cover guys like CD Lamb if he wants to make the leap to Really Really Strong Safety behind the Middle Megaladon Backer Malcolm Roach - keys to continuing the Orlando system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. What are going to fucking do about it?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Joe Brady caught lightning in a bottle, he needs to move on. Getting a ton of credit for their offense when in reality his part in that offense is overblown. My opinion only but I need to give credit to Burrow, he was the one throwing the passes.

I want you to go look at Burrow's stats in 2018 and 2019. An unprecedented progression, in the history of college football. 

Burrow always had the talent. It was unleashed by Brady.

JaMarr Chase and Terrace Marshall Jr. are guaranteed to come back. I'm not sure about Moss, Edwards-Helaire, or Jefferson, but the skill talent at LSU will still be elite next year. 
That's probably the least important of the three you mentioned though

They also return their entire offensive line I think or at least 4/5.

6 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Who?  Even Texas coveted the midget.  LSU has who coming in?  

next year they have

• SO 4* Myles Brennan (#152 overall #6 pro style in 2017)
  • RS FR 4* Peter Parish (#313 overall, #11 dual in 2019)
  • TR FR 4* Max Johnson (#252 overall, #10 pro in 2020)
  • TR FR 3* TJ Finley (#494 overall, #20 pro in 2020)

They are in the running for basically every transfer QB, for good reason.

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Ossai still needs to prove he can cover guys like CD Lamb if he wants to make the leap to Really Really Strong Safety behind the Middle Megaladon Backer Malcolm Roach - keys to continuing the Orlando system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. What are going to fucking do about it?

Ossai needs to be a LB, hammer the rbs/qbs and rush, there are plenty of other guys who can develop at safety.

27 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Ossai needs to be a LB, hammer the rbs/qbs and rush, there are plenty of other guys who can develop at safety.

holy shit you’re fucking retarded. 

please reread the post you quoted. Now imagine it’s actually a joke. Because that’s what it was. You really think someone thought we should move a DE to Safety?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

They also return their entire offensive line I think or at least 4/5.

Where are you getting this shit? There's a chance they lose seven of their top eight offensive linemen, although more likely they just lose five with Deculus and Ingram probably staying 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

next year they have

• SO 4* Myles Brennan (#152 overall #6 pro style in 2017)
  • RS FR 4* Peter Parish (#313 overall, #11 dual in 2019)
  • TR FR 4* Max Johnson (#252 overall, #10 pro in 2020)
  • TR FR 3* TJ Finley (#494 overall, #20 pro in 2020)

They are in the running for basically every transfer QB, for good reason.

Not anymore.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Poorly worded tweet Chip Brown reported Drayton texted the players he was staying and had “unfinished business”. 

Best move for him overall, imo.  He's got a stacked room, a senior QB, better than average OL and a better OC walking in the door.  He'll get more/better offers next offseason if he's looking to bolt.

Edited by Stampeder

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Where are you getting this shit? There's a chance they lose seven of their top eight offensive linemen, although more likely they just lose five with Deculus and Ingram probably staying 

Careful. He might say mean things to you. There could be profanity. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

LSU is mostly likely only returning three offensive starters; Chase, Marshall Jr, and Deculus 

The chatter is that their left tackle, Shittiq Charles, might leave early since he's already been popped for weed multiple times, similar to how Hill and LJH left early in part because of the risk of longer suspensions. Most think Moss is gone. 

They also can't bring in any grad transfers until the summer because of some SEC-specific rule about a two year ban on grad transfers when you bring one in who fails a class (or something like that), which happened two years ago. They're seemingly going to give Myles Brennan a shot this spring to look halfway decent, and if he does, they'll likely roll with him instead of looking at the grad transfer pool. They might even count there way out of being able to take any transfers by taking too many 2020 commitments

On defense, they have a few starters they'll be watching closely over the next few days re declaring early for the draft; Queen, Phillips, Vincent Jr, Shelvin, etc. 

Chaisson, Delpet, CEH, and Jefferson are gone 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Shut the fuck up, cunt.

This is a well-thought out, quality response from one of the boards true erudites. You’ve outfoxed me again, Bevo8. They really do lose just one OL. The other 6 on the 2 deep that are leaving and thinking about leaving are actually just a cajun mirage. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Because Brady left? Nah they'll go money whip another big spread OC.

Maybe they'll lightly tamper with a QB they like, like that Wake kid that left a P5 starting job and walked right to Athens.

I get things like assuming that Riley will find a way to put up points or that Clemson will just reload or that Bama will undoubtedly make their way back to the CFP. I don’t get why you’d assume that Orgeron will be able to pull the magic truck twice. And Brady isn’t just another spread OC, either. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

LSU is mostly likely only returning three offensive starters; Chase, Marshall Jr, and Deculus 

The chatter is that their left tackle, Shittiq Charles, might leave early since he's already been popped for weed multiple times, similar to how Hill and LJH left early in part because of the risk of longer suspensions. Most think Moss is gone. 

They also can't bring in any grad transfers until the summer because of some SEC-specific rule about a two year ban on grad transfers when you bring one in who fails a class (or something like that), which happened two years ago. They're seemingly going to give Myles Brennan a shot this spring to look halfway decent, and if he does, they'll likely roll with him instead of looking at the grad transfer pool. They might even count there way out of being able to take any transfers by taking too many 2020 commitments

On defense, they have a few starters they'll be watching closely over the next few days re declaring early for the draft; Queen, Phillips, Vincent Jr, Shelvin, etc. 

Chaisson, Delpet, CEH, and Jefferson are gone 

I've seen Glen Logan and Jacoby Stevens as a possibility to leave as well.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I get things like assuming that Riley will find a way to put up points or that Clemson will just reload or that Bama will undoubtedly make their way back to the CFP. I don’t get why you’d assume that Orgeron will be able to pull the magic truck twice. And Brady isn’t just another spread OC, either. 

the only thing I can think of is that they are going to actually moneywhip someone with an insane offer to come in and be "the man" - especially if Ensminger actually retires?

if they just roll forward and promote that analyst (Jorge Munoz) that 247 floated then yeah, they are going to have issues - but opening the checkbook for someone huge isn't outside the realm of possibilities, and Coach O is on way more solid ground that Herman so maybe throwing $1.5 for 3 years will pull Harrell or someone bigger/better?

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I've seen Glen Logan and Jacoby Stevens as a possibility to leave as well.

You're right, I meant to included Stevens. Logan, Deculus, and Farrell could leave, but most of what I've read seems to think they're less likely than others

We'll see; winning it all can be enough to send guys on the fence over, and to get guys who'd otherwise stay put to climb the fence to see what the other side looks like