2020 Coaching Staff

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Pac 10? As you expecting the Pac to kick out 3 teams and then ads Texas?

I'm thinking that between Utah and Colorado and us, only 1 team won a bowl game and USC sucks. I don't know if that makes 10 but with enough beers who really gives a fuck.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Seems like Bayor is striking out on all of their outside HC options.  Baylor mods seem to think Okam would be more inclined to return if they hire McGuire, so I wonder if he will wait on that decision.

Hm, it would be a pretty big recruiting pain in the ass with our Elite Day this weekend.

Obviously you want to hire the best guy, but timing's getting tight.

SIAP

Horns 247 / FCB / Thursday coaching updates

Spoiler

Thursday 10 am - We're hearing Sean Snyder, son of former K-State coach Bill Snyder, is a candidate to coach tight ends and special teams at Texas. I'm hearing Snyder, who is expected to interview with Texas this week, is "one of a few candidates."

An all-conference punter at K-State in 1991 and 1992 (who held the school record for career punt average - 43.0 yards per punt until 1998), Snyder was in charge of special teams at K-State from 2011-18. This past season, under new K-State coach Chris Klieman, Snyder served as director of football operations at KSU.

(Chip Brown)

Thursday 9:10 am - In addition to talking to former Longhorn and Baylor defensive line coach Frank Okam I'm hearing there is interest in talking to a couple more D-line coach candidates. One source said the hire of a D-line coach and tight ends/special teams coordinator "may" be finalized by Texas' recruiting event on Saturday.

(Chip Brown)

• Like 1