2020 Coaching Staff

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May not be Mensa "fucking up Okam's interview".  Bailor could be matching Texas offer, and Okam would rather work for Dave Aranda than Chris Ash??

In a year or two, Okam may want to move up to the NFL anyway and in the mean time the pressure to recruit well at Bailor is significantly less than at Texas.

Sir, this is the “Herman has a personality disorder and is the cause of all of our woes” thread. Take your reasonable opinion elsewhere 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who would have imagined Herman would have fucked up going after Okam? Other than most of the regular posters on the Football board, I mean.

How many times are you going to just willfully stick your head in the sand and assume it's some other outlying circumstance BESIDES Tom Herman? Despite all the evidence to the contrary? And by the way, hiring Chris Ash is on Herman, so even if that were the case it's still Tom fucking Herman.

If he's good at his job and with the talent on campus, Okam wouldn't have to recruit shit to get a shot in the NFL in 2 years. And by the way, your efforts to rationalize this nonsense basically has you saying Baylor is a better job than Texas for aspiring coaches. If you believe that, well, again, don't you think that's indicative of a bigger problem? 

And stop trying to tell us to go get Clint Hurtt or Bo Davis. That is some weak, tired ass and unoriginal shit. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... So we knew that Mensa is reprobate with the social intelligence of a coffee table who can't say two words without pissing someone off. But driving off one of UT's favorite sons because of his bullshit? That shit is a new low. Just incredible. I knew Okam was too good to be true. I fucking knew it.

Fuck you, Tom.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, it's been reported that Okam has some very real coaching aspirations. The job security bought by a new coach is not to be undersold, and he'll work for a guy he likes in McGuire if they put him at DC. They'll match Texas money, too. 

Giving all of that up to come work for a coach who will be fired after one more bad year seems dumb. 

This is the Occam's Razor here.

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May not be Mensa "fucking up Okam's interview".  Bailor could be matching Texas offer, and Okam would rather work for Dave Aranda than Chris Ash??

In a year or two, Okam may want to move up to the NFL anyway and in the mean time the pressure to recruit well at Bailor is significantly less than at Texas.

Offer on the table for more money for the school you played for with the an opportunity to turn things around and show that you can coach at a top level school versus a verbal promise that Aranda or coach X will keep you and match the money. No sir this points to Herman screwing it up and not making an offer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Offer on the table for more money for the school you played for with the an opportunity to turn things around and show that you can coach at a top level school versus a verbal promise that Aranda or coach X will keep you and match the money. No sir this points to Herman screwing it up and not making an offer.

Says who? Baylor pays through the nose for coaches.

*to clarify, I'm pretty annoyed. He seemed like the perfect hire for that spot.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May not be Mensa "fucking up Okam's interview"...and Okam would rather work for Dave Aranda than Chris Ash??

Lots of filler not worth thinking about, but for the first premise to be true, all it would take is for the second one to be true.

I can't for the life of me think of why that would be something to celebrate, though. It would just mean Herman fucked up by hiring Ash instead of someone Okam likes. Well... duh.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Lots of filler not worth thinking about, but for the first premise to be true, all it would take is for the second one to be true.

I can't for the life of me think of why that would be something to celebrate, though. It would just mean Herman fucked up by hiring Ash instead of someone Okam likes. Well... duh.

Thing is, it would be pretty hard to hire someone with a better defensive reputation than Aranda at DC. Like, actually impossible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If there was not an offer then it is a Tom Herman screw up. If the offer was not for more money than it still points to a Tom Herman screw up. He has shown to be very good coach. Get him.

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

At Austin Bergstrom now. Duane Akina outside Annie’s cafe and Bar. Gate 29. Has Stanford hat on, all flights over there going back to San Fran. 9.95 please

Picture or it didn't happen

Edit to add: Doesn't Akina's family live here? Dead period ends tonight...this is nothing. Nothing to see here

spacer.png

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

1 minute ago, Mason Ramsey said:

not that we really trust heavy breathing mike here, but he seems to think McGuire is gone. Possibility that Okam isn't retained goes up if McGuire leaves too, correct?

Aaaaaand, there it is...Roach is very likely listening to Lightning Crashes or some shit by the Goo Goo Dolls while trying to cut himself with a plastic knife, weeping in a closet. 

That being said, wasn't Baylor sites floating McGuire as DC?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Are you sure? Looks like Junior Soprano.

Yea I knew I’d get grief for the pic. It’s 1000% Akina though. Stanford hat and gap front teeth gave it away when I walked by. Did a double take and walked by a second time.

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mike Roach actually just made a pretty good point regarding Joey M staying on staff at Baylor - if you were Aranda would you want to keep the guy all the players wanted as HC on staff?

You retain him and then make him cut his son before the first spring practice. If he obeys, then you know he'll be loyal on the battlefield.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Herman fucking up Okams interview would be too on brand

to be fair, if you think he is a dead man walking why would you leave Baylor today when you can use Texas to get a raise there, maybe add the entire DL to your title if McGuire moves up or on and then come back next year when Herman is gone? it is a win-win.

plus if Baylor sucks this year, you blame it on a new staff/scheme change if Snow leaves or losing a ton of dudes to the NFL.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

And stop trying to tell us to go get Clint Hurtt or Bo Davis. That is some weak, tired ass and unoriginal shit. 

the Clint Hurtt stuff makes me laugh totally and completely. His coaching stops in college are Miami, FIU and Louisville...then he went to the NFL (amazing what a show cause penalty does!) and has been there since 2014. 

the *only* reason Clint Hurtt was ever considering Texas was because of whatever relationship he had with Charlie Strong.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

people seem to think they are cheap or something. paid $7.5m for Rhule but sure - they are going cheap on assistant pool!

oh come on arrested development GIF 

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Aaaaaand, there it is...Roach is very likely listening to Lightning Crashes or some shit by the Goo Goo Dolls while trying to cut himself with a plastic knife, weeping in a closet. 

That being said, wasn't Baylor sites floating McGuire as DC?

"b-b-but don't they know he's a CORCH???" *open sobbing*

• Haha 1