2020 Coaching Staff

Funny. I feel like he’s going to tell everyone that will listen what a POS program Texas is and how they thwarted and meddled with him at every fucking turn, taking no responsibility for anything and potentially lying to make himself look like a victim. 

Yuuuup

You're only saying 6th Street is wrong because a 10-day NBA contract is only worth about 45K and guarantees less than two weeks of employment versus an assistant coach position under Herman being worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and a year of employment.
Okay, I see your point. 

Forget it, he’s rolling.

53 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I really, really hope you're right. I believe it was one of the OB goons, so hopefully this is similar.

I think Anwar said he's not our first choice. 

But I don't know why anyone takes these initial reports seriously. Remember when we were hiring Robb Smith as the LB coach and Messingham as the OC? Nobody knows anything until the Texas staff leaks it to Anwar and he tells us who it is right before the official hire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Remind me. Did Anwar break messingham?

Anwar doesn't know anything until the staff leaks it to him. He was throwing out random ass names for the DL and LB searches. 

Snyder might be the hire but Anwar is in the dark as much as anyone else until right before Texas wants to announce it. 

8 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Will Jason Higdon be doing a tell all piece after the coaching search is completed?

he is still writing for Florida now, looks like he isn't with Scout anymore and branched out on his own - looks like to an independent site (like TexAgs) called 1st and 10 Florida?

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Anwar doesn't know anything until the staff leaks it to him. He was throwing out random ass names for the DL and LB searches. 

Snyder might be the hire but Anwar is in the dark as much as anyone else until right before Texas wants to announce it. 

Hey, no fucking shit. Why do you think I specifically asked if ANWAR leaked Measingham? I’m attempting to determine if he has made any mistakes this cycle and if he is fallible. Other posters helpfully reminded me Messingham was Chip Brown.

And to be clear, Anwar didn’t say he wasn’t the top choice, that was Fud. Anwar said it wasn’t clear if he was the top choice. Those Two are not the same thing. 

Buckner’s NFL career and coaching experience look great. I’d never heard of him before but he’s had long careers at both, so he has a great story to tell and I’m sure even a mediocre nfl coach would be a wonderful teacher for the college game. 

downside is he’s never recruited before, ever. He hasn’t even worked for a college team at any point as a GA, and college isn’t like the nfl. He hasn’t been around 16-18 year old kids since he was a 16-18 year old kid. We were all hoping to have a dynamic recruiter at the DT spot because Giles. 

I’m from Missouri on this one. 

Giles hasn’t recruited in his career either. He could teach Buckner the Pluckers secret menu and how to win the wing eating contest though. 

In all seriousness, I know nothing about Buckner. His lack of recruiting chops seems less than ideal, considering the rest of the defensive staff’s makeup. I will say that the administrative side of recruiting (Officials, recruiting events) has been one of this staff’s strengths, so finding and identifying talent shouldn’t be a problem. As long as he isn’t Herman’s personality twin it should be a boost. NFL experience would come in handy in the trail. 

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Buckner’s NFL career and coaching experience look great. I’d never heard of him before but he’s had long careers at both, so he has a great story to tell and I’m sure even a mediocre nfl coach would be a wonderful teacher for the college game. 

downside is he’s never recruited before, ever. He hasn’t even worked for a college team at any point as a GA, and college isn’t like the nfl. He hasn’t been around 16-18 year old kids since he was a 16-18 year old kid. We were all hoping to have a dynamic recruiter at the DT spot because Giles. 

You're overthinking this you contrarian faget.

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The upside for Herman is that we need results now and the only way to do that is to develop a pass rush between now and September 5.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

And to be clear, Anwar didn’t say he wasn’t the top choice, that was Fud. Anwar said it wasn’t clear if he was the top choice. Those Two are not the same thing. 

In an attempt to be clear, here's what Anwar actually said; "From what I can tell, Snyder is just one of several candidates Herman is interviewing for the position. I am not convinced Snyder is the top candidate at this moment. Instead, I believe Herman is doing his due diligence when it comes to interviewing coaches, and I would take a wait-and-see approach for the time being."

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

In an attempt to be clear, here's what Anwar actually said; "From what I can tell, Snyder is just one of several candidates Herman is interviewing for the position. I am not convinced Snyder is the top candidate at this moment. Instead, I believe Herman is doing his due diligence when it comes to interviewing coaches, and I would take a wait-and-see approach for the time being."

Unless you’re sourcing that from somewhere else, that isn’t what he said in his Initial tweet, which is what I am going off. If he clarified in the comments I didn’t read any of those. In an attempt to be clear, here is his tweet. 

there’s a big fucking difference between “I’m not convinced he is the top candidate” and “it is unclear if he is the top candidate.”  One implies he has knowledge the guy isn’t the top candidate. The other says “I don’t know shit.” 

again, if you’re sourcing your quote from somewhere else, fine, that may be the case. But I’m going off his tweet and his tweet is significantly different from what you typed above. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Unless you’re sourcing that from somewhere else, that isn’t what he said in his Initial tweet, which is what I am going off. If he clarified in the comments I didn’t read any of those. In an attempt to be clear, here is his tweet. 

there’s a big fucking difference between “I’m not convinced he is the top candidate” and “it is unclear if he is the top candidate.”  One implies he has knowledge the guy isn’t the top candidate. The other says “I don’t know shit.” 

again, if you’re sourcing your quote from somewhere else, fine, that may be the case. But I’m going off his tweet and his tweet is significantly different from what you typed above. 

From his original "Thursday Update" post around 5PM- "From what I can tell, Snyder is just one of several candidates Herman is interviewing for the position. I am not convinced Snyder is the top candidate at this moment. Instead, I believe Herman is doing his due diligence when it comes to interviewing coaches, and I would take a wait-and-see approach for the time being."

From his War Room piece from last night- "As I reported, Sean Snyder, son of legendary Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, had a lengthy interview in Austin on Thursday. I have not received any indication that Snyder is the top candidate. Instead, it appears that Herman is doing his due diligence."

Edited by Fud
  • Like 2