2020 Coaching Staff

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Unless you’re sourcing that from somewhere else, that isn’t what he said in his Initial tweet, which is what I am going off. If he clarified in the comments I didn’t read any of those. In an attempt to be clear, here is his tweet. 

there’s a big fucking difference between “I’m not convinced he is the top candidate” and “it is unclear if he is the top candidate.” 

List of possible answers from $9.95 “sources:”

Positive Answers

It is certain

Without a doubt

You may rely on it

Yes definitely

It is decidedly so

As I see it, yes

Most likely

Yes

Outlook good

Signs point to yes

Neutral Answers 

Reply hazy try again

Better not tell you now

Ask again later

Cannot predict now

Concentrate and ask again

Negative Answers 

Don’t count on it

Outlook not so good

My sources say no

Very doubtful

My reply is no

Edited by Liquor and Poker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yes, I'm sourcing from fucking elsewhere

From his original "Thursday Update" post around 5PM- "From what I can tell, Snyder is just one of several candidates Herman is interviewing for the position. I am not convinced Snyder is the top candidate at this moment. Instead, I believe Herman is doing his due diligence when it comes to interviewing coaches, and I would take a wait-and-see approach for the time being."

From his War Room piece from last night- "As I reported, Sean Snyder, son of legendary Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, had a lengthy interview in Austin on Thursday. I have not received any indication that Snyder is the top candidate. Instead, it appears that Herman is doing his due diligence."

Thanks for posting the latest information and clarifying. I refuse to pay Ketchum money, so I don’t read OB and didn’t see an of those updates posted here previously. 

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Brenston Buckner is following Carrington, Langhi, and several other UT accounts.

I think you’ve got it backwards - Carrington just recently started following him - but those other UT accounts have been following him for awhile (Coats & Langhi). It doesn’t look like Buckner follows any of the UT guys

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

I feel like there are a handful of Surly members who would absolutely enjoy parties which consist of dumping a bag of sand on a table and analyzing it with magnifying glasses.

Where did the sand come from? Because if there's enough of it, and it has the right organic composition, it could be very useful in helping me amend the horrible clay I have to deal with in my garden.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Where did the sand come from? Because if there's enough of it, and it has the right organic composition, it could be very useful in helping me amend the horrible clay I have to deal with in my garden.

Would the soil, if properly amended, be suitable for growing New Mexican Hatch chiles?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I don't think so. I think if you add sand to clay you get rock. I think you need peat and humus and manure.

Edited by Bevo

5 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Not sure how accurate the 247 list is and whether I'm using it correctly, but no recruits this year? Any way to find previous years?

https://247sports.com/Coach/Jay-Boulware-20/Recruits/?Recruitment.Year=2020

This makes me feel better. It shows no links whatoever, as does his all time recruits list. It must just be my browser. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This makes me feel better. It shows no links whatoever, as does his all time recruits list. It must just be my browser. 

I don't think that part of their site has ever worked.

At least in the 2020 cycle, Boulware was definitely the lead guy on Seth McGowan (https://247sports.com/Player/Seth-McGowan-46042960/) and Jase McClellan (https://247sports.com/Player/Jase-McClellan-46036686/). Of course, only one of those panned out.

Another special teams assassin. Here's what he had to say back in 2014 about his kickoff teams after they played K-State:

“I'm still ticked off by that,” Boulware said. “We had it pretty well scouted out. We knew what they were doing and what the plan was. There was a couple of them in there, whether we didn't field the ball right or didn't block it the way we did it in practice. We had a chance. There were a couple that we should have split right down the middle of the hole.

“It would have been a different game. I'm mad at all of them.”

• Like 2