2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

6 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I don't think that part of their site has ever worked.

At least in the 2020 cycle, Boulware was definitely the lead guy on Seth McGowan (https://247sports.com/Player/Seth-McGowan-46042960/) and Jase McClellan (https://247sports.com/Player/Jase-McClellan-46036686/). Of course, only one of those panned out.

Yes, he was definitely lead on those two and the 247 site sucks at identifying lead recruiters for their recruiter rankings. I mean...

image.png.063844bb528ab8ad6f81b86a0f971154.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Another special teams assassin. Here's what he had to say back in 2014 about his kickoff teams after they played K-State:

“I'm still ticked off by that,” Boulware said. “We had it pretty well scouted out. We knew what they were doing and what the plan was. There was a couple of them in there, whether we didn't field the ball right or didn't block it the way we did it in practice. We had a chance. There were a couple that we should have split right down the middle of the hole.

“It would have been a different game. I'm mad at all of them.”

He is going to fit right in with Tom's philosophy on players.

thrown-under-bus.jpg?w=300&h=241

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

He is going to fit right in with Tom's philosophy on players.

There's a difference between blaming players for what were clearly stupid play calls and calling out players for not having done their homework. But yeah, I suppose it's a risk. I'd still rather have hard-asses as coaches, though. Rick Neuheisel's Sunshine and Lollipops coaching style never seemed like a winning combination to me.

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

There's a difference between blaming players for what were clearly stupid play calls and calling out players for not having done their homework. But yeah, I suppose it's a risk. I'd still rather have hard-asses as coaches, though. Rick Neuheisel's Sunshine and Lollipops coaching style never seemed like a winning combination to me.

quote-you-re-either-coaching-it-or-allow

Edited by DanTheHorn
Yes I know Leach throws his players under the bus more than anyone. The quote is still true though.

Just now, texifornia said:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that you picked out the most unflattering view on a really good hire.

Just reacting to a quote someone found on the guy.  I don't know how I feel about the hire because I don't know enough about how OU special teams have performed. This is more of a poke at Herman this past season then the hire.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that you picked out the most unflattering view on a really good hire.

Was Bouleware the one who tweeted about the fake flat that the recruit's dad got at A&M that caused them to miss the trip to Norman?

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Well he is connected to trainers and coached at Georgia. So......

Yes, his resume tends to make you believe his strengths are not experience at teaching the fundamentals of the position.Ash is the defacto secondary coach and this guy might be tasked with, uh, more talent acquisition related tasks. 

so what does the staff look like now?

OC/QB - Yurcich

RB - Drayton

OL - Hand

TE - Boulware

WR - Coleman

so offense is done. and gotta say, i think the offensive side is MUCH stronger than before. Can Boulware offset the loss of Beck's recruiting?

DE - Giles

DL - ?

LB - Hutzler

CB - Valai

DC/S - Ash

Missing one DL coach. LB is a huge upgrade. Jury is still out on Valai vs Washington. DC - is an upgrade so long as he isnt an idiot like Orlando. If we can close with a DL coach similar to Boulware in terms of quality, we will be much stronger on the D side as well.

Who are the stud recruiters? Boulware? 

Edited by Longhorn94

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

OC/QB - Yurcich

RB - Drayton

OL - Hand

TE - Boulware

WR - Coleman

so offense is done.

DE - Giles

DL - ?

LB - Hutzler

CB - Valai

DC/S - Ash

Missing one DL coach.

Hand seems like a good OL recruiter. After listening to Valai I think that He's really smart, energetic and a good communicator. I think that across the board this is a good staff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lightning fast reporting as always from our man in Austin

Waiting for the Taylor follow up tweet about how Chip was the first to report this and to subscribe to 247 to get all the breaking news FIRST.. it's also a safe haven for wimminz posters unlike the ungodly OB boards... Wonder what she thinks about Surly?  Could she possibly be @TrojanPrincess ??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

OC/QB - Yurcich

RB - Drayton

OL - Hand

TE - Boulware

WR - Coleman

so offense is done. and gotta say, i think the offensive side is MUCH stronger than before. Can Boulware offset the loss of Beck's recruiting?

DE - Giles

DL - ?

LB - Hutzler

CB - Valai

DC/S - Ash

Missing one DL coach. LB is a huge upgrade. Jury is still out on Valai vs Washington. DC - is an upgrade so long as he isnt an idiot like Orlando. If we can close with a DL coach similar to Boulware in terms of quality, we will be much stronger on the D side as well.

I do not know how the defense will finish out but that offensive staff is like a million times better. Granted the bar was set pretty low but this is what it should have looked like in year one under Herman. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

OC/QB - Yurcich

RB - Drayton

OL - Hand

TE - Boulware

WR - Coleman

so offense is done.

DE - Giles

DL - ?

LB - Hutzler

CB - Valai

DC/S - Ash

Missing one DL coach.

Besides Giles I don’t know if there’s a bad recruiter on staff. Hutzler, Ash and Yurcich seem at least average to plus. Hand, Boulware and Coleman are very strong recruiters. I don’t want to start an argument on Drayton but he got us Bijan. Valai is a complete unknown but has the tools to be elite. Not sure if there’s an absolute rain maker but that’s what you pay Carrington for

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Boulware seems like a great hire. This is the type of staff Herman should have assembled from the get go.  

Still unsure of Ash and the CB coach, but we'll see.  

After seeing how Stong and Herman hired their first staffs, I kind of understand why Baylor told Fuentes he could only bring three coaches with him.  

• Like 1