2020 Coaching Staff

6 hours ago, Istian said:

Damn dude. If nothing else, Herman has leaks locked down. This wasn’t even mentioned as a remote possibility. 

So back in the Humidor on 1/10, Nahlin wrote

A former Texas player shot me a text offering the name of another former Texas player the staff should look at. Normally when a former player's name is thrown about, that player isn't qualified, but I think we'd all agree that Ricky Williams Jay Boulware is. He's been at OU since 2013 and has extensive experience with special teams as well.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, Chopper said:

I'm interpreting this to mean that Ricky thinks Texas should hire Jay Boulware away from Blow U.

Send Ricky all the congrats! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Incense, sure. But if I'm stuck with hard candy, it had damned well better be Jolly Ranchers Fire.

Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind
Dead kings, many things I can't define
Occasions, persuasions clutter your mind
Incense and peppermints, the color of time
Who cares what games we choose?
Little to win but nothin' to lose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind
Dead kings, many things I can't define
Occasions, persuasions clutter your mind
Incense and peppermints, the color of time
Who cares what games we choose?
Little to win but nothin' to lose

Dude, I was born in 1967. I may be a fan of meaningless nouns, but I am no fan of that song.  Pleasant Valley Sunday was from that year, too, but I wouldn't have thought of it in a million years, even if you quoted it.

• Like 3

Hey, no fucking shit. Why do you think I specifically asked if ANWAR leaked Measingham? I’m attempting to determine if he has made any mistakes this cycle and if he is fallible.

Everyone shits on Tom, but we would all do this exact same thing. They’re practically writing Anwar’s tweets, and telling Chip Brown to research Courtney Messingham. Fuck you, Chip.

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Everyone shits on Tom, but we would all do this exact same thing. They’re practically writing Anwar’s tweets, and telling Chip Brown to research Courtney Messingham. Fuck you, Chip.

BS, I can't imagine that they could troll that well. Remember, he hired Meh.

Edited by Bevo

I, like many people, shat all over the possibility of hiring Wizard, Jr. I threw a forum tantrum with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

With that in mind, I'm here to eat my crow. I was dead ass wrong. Herman's new staff is looking stout and I think Boulware was an awesome hire. I still strongly dislike Mensa, but he's made some really good decisions this off-season.

Just imagine if he'd made these kinds of hard choices three years ago.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am still pissed about Okam. That hire would've been too perfect and made too much sense to happen.

Edited by campcrunk
OU sucks

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Did I miss something on Okam? I thought he was still in play. 

Regardless, I do wonder if there are other DL names that haven't even been discussed here. Hutlzer and Boulware came out left field. I don't think anyone really knows who the targets are until it's leaked right before the announcement. 

Herman didn't offer him the job. He's going to interview other DL coaches. Okam could still be the guy after all the interviews are finished.

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

You think Riley would remove that voluntarily?

Not at all, but Bob’s lawyer cited a clause interpretation in his contract that surfaced when he left the team that allowed him priority in all dick decisions after he left the program for a period of time and he confiscated it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Did I miss something on Okam? I thought he was still in play. 

Regardless, I do wonder if there are other DL names that haven't even been discussed here. Hutlzer and Boulware came out left field. I don't think anyone really knows who the targets are until it's leaked right before the announcement. 

My understanding was that he was out as a candidate. I hope the people below are right - like I said, it would just make too much sense for him to coach here. He'd be another really solid hire. You have to think he'd be an amazing asset in terms of recruiting other Nigerian kids.

A coach and former-player who was ultra focused on academics when he was here? A player who considered foregoing the NFL in favor of grad (med?) school? Yeah. I think Nigerian parents just might warm up to him. Just a little bit.

Edited by campcrunk

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has anwar tweeted anything about okam this week?

Not sure it matters until he does his normal "Okam is the leading candidate" tweet. Didn't he tweet just yesterday that Snyder interviewed for the TE job? Not that there is anything wrong with that but saying Okam interviewed/is a candidate really doesn't tell us much based on how these searches have gone. 

19 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

My understanding was that he was out as a candidate. I hope the people below are right - like I said, it would just make too much sense for him to coach here. He'd be another really solid hire. You have to think he'd be an amazing asset in terms of recruiting other Nigerian kids.   A coach and former-player who was ultra focused on academics when he was here? A player who considered foregoing the NFL in favor of grad (med?) school? Yeah. I think Nigerian parents just might warm up to him. Just a little bit.

Justin Wells (IT) said on the first part of hour 3 of Trey & BK on The Horn today, that Okam interview went well... So Okam may still be in the running for DL job at Texas??

Around the 9 minute mark...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/midday-with-trey-bk-january-17th-2020-hour-3/id1056229300?i=1000462933540

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Justin Wells (IT) said on the first part of hour 3 of Trey & BK on The Horn today, that Okam interview went well... So plan may still be in the running for DL job at Texas??

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/midday-with-trey-bk-january-17th-2020-hour-3/id1056229300?i=1000462933540

In that case, I really, really hope Wells is right. Okam definitely seems like a (fast) rising star as a coach and it would be great to have him back. Hopefully, I have to come back soon to eat more crow after the fit I threw over this however many pages back.

34 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

In that case, I really, really hope Wells is right. Okam definitely seems like a (fast) rising star as a coach and it would be great to have him back. Hopefully, I have to come back soon to eat more crow after the fit I threw over this however many pages back.

Careful, campcrunk ... 

... keep eating crow after crow, and soon it will be a murder.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Justin Wells (IT) said on the first part of hour 3 of Trey & BK on The Horn today, that Okam interview went well... So Okam may still be in the running for DL job at Texas??  Around the 9 minute mark...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/midday-with-trey-bk-january-17th-2020-hour-3/id1056229300?i=10004629335Sorry

Sorry folks... made a mistake!

Correction:  It was IT Humidor that said interview for Okam went well...

Humidor:  "An example is Frank Okam. It's widely reported that Okam interviewed. I heard that interview went well on both sides. At this time it doesn't appear that an offer has been extended. The only logical conclusion is Herman is vetting other candidates who have yet to be named in addition to Okam. Sounds like a thorough, well run search."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Waiting for the Taylor follow up tweet about how Chip was the first to report this and to subscribe to 247 to get all the breaking news FIRST.. it's also a safe haven for wimminz posters unlike the ungodly OB boards... Wonder what she thinks about Surly?  Could she possibly be @TrojanPrincess ??

We ran that tranny off. FCB. And fuck Bru and @TrojanPrincess.

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Boulware in a kids living room next week:  "All those things I said about Texas...I was just messin' with ya" 

Doubt he dissed his alma mater. This is a good hire that weakens our biggest rival. 

Ou sucks has ruled this conference for years. We can use the intel and coaching. Welcome home Jay!

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Boulware was at Utah with Whittingham.  do not want...

Whittingham is a damn good coach. We have better athletes. We just need to coach them up. Period.

I love Surley, but I am always amazed how we vacillate between my dick is hard/enchubbed to my gaping vagina hurts.

Look, Herman is an arogant SOB, but he has made some damn good hires. His 6.5 million dollar job is on the line. We will improve. Will it be enough? God,  I hope so. We are due.

Hook'em 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

I love Surley, but I am always amazed how we vacillate between my dick is hard/enchubbed to my gaping vagina hurts.

It takes both. Vaginas complain about misspelling surly and dicks complain that Surly needs to be big.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honestky, I’d be happy with the raiders DL coach if he’s available.  Believe it or not, if we can develop our DL, recruits will line up to come play.  Even Giles has recruited fairly well given he barely puts any effort.  I’d take an excellent teacher to develop our talented and deep line over Okam.  I’d be happy with Okam but he’s still relatively young as a coach.

Edited by victory88

7 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m not sure exactly how the Buckner rumor got started, but yes, he would be an incredible hire. Not sure why a lifetime NFL guy would suddenly be interested in a college job, so I think there’s about a zero percent chance he’s coming. Would love to be wrong. 

Sometimes Coaches like to take a break and mold young kids.. before heading back to the grind of the NFL?

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

That’s the first indication I’d seen it was official. Thanks for the post, and a solid hire. Along with the SC dude, special teams shouldn’t be so special in the coming years.

Coleman should be able to assist with STs as well.  He made most of his hay in the NFL returning kicks.  Not sure how they'll all divvy up the responsibilities, but one way or the other they should be able to turn STs into a team strength.  Dicker is above average, Buj at least average and Jamison has worlds of potential as a PR.  Just need to find legit options on KOs and coach 'em up.

Edited by Stampeder
  • Like 1