2020 Coaching Staff

8 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Both Collins and Princely on campus today.  If there was ever a time to hire/announce the second DL coach, today would be it.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Herman walks in ad says, Here’s our new DL coach .....   Everyone hoots and hollers and claps.  What a great dream 

7 minutes ago, Modessit said:
53 minutes ago, Stampeder said:
Both Collins and Princely on campus today.  If there was ever a time to hire/announce the second DL coach, today would be it.

Kris Kocurek's season hasn't ended yet. What's his current salary? He's from Caldwell and played at Tech. Pay to pull him from the NFL.

Lot of coaches flat won't move to college because recruiting is such a colossal pain in the ass. Not saying that's a factor there, just noting that whenever anyone says we should moneywhip an NFL guy.

1 hour ago, Stampeder said:

Coleman should be able to assist with STs as well.  He made most of his hay in the NFL returning kicks.  Not sure how they'll all divvy up the responsibilities, but one way or the other they should be able to turn STs into a team strength.  Dicker is above average, Buj at least average and Jamison has worlds of potential as a PR.  Just need to find legit options on KOs and coach 'em up.

Too many on this board are sleeping on Coleman and Special Teams. Special Teams is just like Offense and Defense, multiple coaches involved. Sure Hutzler might be the guy leading it (as he deserves to), but there will be significant input from Coleman and Boulware. Coleman being liked and respected by the WR group can only pay positive dividends towards Special Teams. 

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Aren't we are keeping DL open so Carrington can be on the road?  Or is that over now despite 2 more weeks of contact work?

That’s just as a benefit to not having it filled, but they are not going to hold back the hire to allow him to stay on the road 

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lot of coaches flat won't move to college because recruiting is such a colossal pain in the ass. Not saying that's a factor there, just noting that whenever anyone says we should moneywhip an NFL guy.

That's a good point. At first blush, he looks like the best candidate mentioned so far, but how enthusiastically will he recruit? His résumé and NFL cred is good enough he can probably sell recruits with it but for those tougher recruiting battles, will he put in the extra effort?

On the flip side, Okam is still making his mark and should be motivated with a pretty good résumé of his own given his results at Baylor and tenure playing in the NFL. I don't doubt either will do a good job coaching the position, with Buckner having the more proven edge in that regard. Other thought is, Okam might hang around longer. Just thinking about it, the D line should take a noticeable step forward next season given the talent in place and another off-season of development for them which isn't a bad selling point Herman and Ash can use when making the offer. It would also seem basing out of a 4 man front makes the most sense for the personnel we have.

13 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

We ran that tranny off. FCB. And fuck Bru and @TrojanPrincess.

Doubt he dissed his alma mater. This is a good hire that weakens our biggest rival. 

Ou sucks has ruled this conference for years. We can use the intel and coaching. Welcome home Jay!

Whittingham is a damn good coach. We have better athletes. We just need to coach them up. Period.

I love Surley, but I am always amazed how we vacillate between my dick is hard/enchubbed to my gaping vagina hurts.

Look, Herman is an arogant SOB, but he has made some damn good hires. His 6.5 million dollar job is on the line. We will improve. Will it be enough? God,  I hope so. We are due.

Hook'em 

FTR, my post was complete sarcasm.  he coached for Whittingham in 05/06

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If Okam stays at Baylor, then Herman fucked it up, but if he goes to the NFL, then there’s not much Herman or UT can do about it.

Terrible analysis given that we don’t even know who the hire will be 

Edited by utfan87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not sure why people are talking about Buckner like a realistic option or someone who's even looking our way....but fuck, hope he is now.

A lot of names have been thrown around for the DL position. Joyner, Partridge, Okam, Buckner, Henderson, and Robinson off the top of my head. 

In other words, nobody knows who we are targeting. 

3 minutes ago, Farkimedes said:

Okam is headed to the Panthers and Herman should have known that from the second Rhule got hired 12 days ago. You can't fault Herman for Okam picking Carolina over us. You should fucking roast him for being dumb enough to not know there was no way he was coming.

It's fairly obvious he's been interviewing several DL candidates. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, Farkimedes said:

Okam is headed to the Panthers and Herman should have known that from the second Rhule got hired 12 days ago. You can't fault Herman for Okam picking Carolina over us. You should fucking roast him for being dumb enough to not know there was no way he was coming.

wayne-gretzky-quotes-amp-sayings-40-quot

• Like 4