2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

It's optimism to say that Texas is NOT better than Baylor in two out of the three big sports? 

I don't think you could have fucked up the Cliffs Notes to my reply any more than you did. 

I also enjoy that you want to keyboard fight with everyone who responds.  You do you. 

53 minutes ago, cochamps said:

I find it shocking that an upstanding institution like Baylor retained Joey McGuire’s services after multiple drunk driving charges.  Seems a little out of character.  

Guess that & turning down UT 5 times in a day is something to brag about.

Well, they’re Baptists so they need a designated drinker on campus.

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

I find it shocking that an upstanding institution like Baylor retained Joey McGuire’s services after multiple drunk driving charges.  Seems a little out of character.  

Guess that & turning down UT 5 times in a day is something to brag about.

Now if it was a female coach who had DWIs there's no way she'd be retained.

Yeah. Stanco and some others are looking at the low point for the big 3 Texas sports in the last 20-30 years and the high point for Baylor in that same timeframe and then acting as if it’s the status quo for both programs and he thinks Baylor, over 5 different ADs, has cracked the magical code to perfect hiring success. 

In other words, Stanco’d.
Chuckled.

My argument is massive underachieving. Nothing more. My >CDC was just that. Underachieving. When baylor goes 1-11 and then a chance to win conference 2 years later and THEN basketball at Baylor is ranked #1, and THEN their pre season baseball is in the top 25, that was my point.

But yes I digress on the other sports, i was wrong on that in the fulmer cup thing.

However, those who dont see the major issues in the big 3 sports are simply wearing orange sunglasses or are retarded. Every fan outside of texas sees it. Its Waco texas. A really shitty town, unlike austin. Yet they are ahead of texas in the big 3 sports. Amazing I am getting shit for being truthful even though i hate it.
  • Like 1

No, I think it’s more of a don’t meltdown and cry, and lash out, when you have a loose grip on the facts kind of thing.
That is the thing! I am the opposite. It will eventually work it out. But currently baylor is better. Alabama and usc and tOSU aren't always at the top. Its cyclical. Always has been.

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Chuckled.

My argument is massive underachieving. Nothing more. My >CDC was just that. Underachieving. When baylor goes 1-11 and then a chance to win conference 2 years later and THEN basketball at Baylor is ranked #1, and THEN their pre season baseball is in the top 25, that was my point.

But yes I digress on the other sports, i was wrong on that in the fulmer cup thing.

However, those who dont see the major issues in the big 3 sports are simply wearing orange sunglasses or are retarded. Every fan outside of texas sees it. Its Waco texas. A really shitty town, unlike austin. Yet they are ahead of texas in the big 3 sports. Amazing I am getting shit for being truthful even though i hate it.

Sure you didn’t mean America’s Cup? The World Cup? The Cup of Christ?

Jesus fuck. 6th Street liking your posts says everything you need to know about your genera blockheadedness. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I think the funniest part is he continues to insinuate that CDC is bad at making hires when all 3 of CDC's hires at Texas are currently ranked in the top 6 of their given sport. He's yet to name one hire by the current AD at Baylor that even comes close to the White, Floreal or Berque hires. 

Nobody here is denying that Texas has underachieved in the Big 3 sports. The point is, Baylor hasn't been any better. Especially if you include all the sports. Moreover, the idea the current Baylor AD is better at hiring coaches than CDC is beyond stupid. 

I guess facts aren't his thing. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 4

I think the funniest part is he continues to insinuate that CDC is bad at making hires when all 3 of CDC's hires at Texas are currently ranked in the top 6 of their given sport. He's yet to name one hire by the current AD at Baylor that even comes close to the White, Floreal or Berque hires. 
Nobody here is denying that Texas has underachieved in the Big 3 sports. The point is, Baylor hasn't been any better. Especially if you include all the sports. Moreover, the idea the current Baylor AD is better at hiring coaches than CDC is beyond stupid. 
I guess facts aren't his thing. 

Who hired Rhule?

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Equally good I'd say. He overperformed given his mandate and circumstances. 

Disagree. It was a good hire but he didn't win anything. 0 conference titles, 0 bowl wins, 0 major bowl wins and so on. 2 bad years and 1 good year without winning anything doesn't compare to the 3 coaches I listed. 

*Bruce Berque has already won a conference championship, a national title, signed the #1 recruiting class, and now has the #1 ranked tennis team again. 

*Floreal already has a couple Big 12 championships, a couple top 10 finishes, and now they are ranked #4 in indoor for both men and women's track and field. They will win a couple more conference championships this year and probably finish near the top in both women's outdoor and indoor at the NCAA championships. 

*White was one win away from the WCWS in year one and finished top 10. Ranked #6 in the preseason poll this year. I guess you could say White hasn't won anything yet but his resume will be miles better than Rhule at the end of year 3. 

Beyond that, White and Floreal were much bigger pulls than Rhule. Rhule was a good hire but CDC pulled White from a program that consistently made the WCWS and pulled Floreal from a bottom feeder SEC school that was coming off a 2nd place finish at the NCAA championships. Nobody gives a shit because it's softball and track/field but those were massive hires. Definitely bigger hires than Rhule when you consider the context. 

Like I said, Rhule did a great job at Baylor based on the context but a 19-20 record with no hardware doesn't compare to the other three coaches I listed. All 3 will win substantially more than what Rhule did at Baylor. You can play the "Rhule took over a shitty situation" game but at the end of the day your resume matters to some extent. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Posting this since guy had been brought up in discussions for Texas DL coach...

Ole Miss: Source tells FootballScoop Bryant defensive line coach Marquise Watson is expected to join Lane Kiffin’s staff. Chris Partridge is a mentor to Watson we understand, having coached him at Paramus Catholic. Watson spent the 2018 season assisting with the defensive line at Rutgers.

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Disagree. It was a good hire but he didn't win anything. 0 conference titles, 0 bowl wins, 0 major bowl wins and so on. 2 bad years and 1 good year without winning anything doesn't compare to the 3 coaches I listed. 

*Bruce Berque has already won a conference championship, a national title, signed the #1 recruiting class, and now has the #1 ranked tennis team again. 

*Floreal already has a couple Big 12 championships, a couple top 10 finishes, and now they are ranked #4 in indoor for both men and women's track and field. They will win a couple more conference championships this year and probably finish near the top in both women's outdoor and indoor at the NCAA championships. 

*White was one win away from the WCWS in year one and finished top 10. Ranked #6 in the preseason poll this year. I guess you could say White hasn't won anything yet but his resume will be miles better than Rhule at the end of year 3. 

Beyond that, White and Floreal were much bigger pulls than Rhule. Rhule was a good hire but CDC pulled White from a program that consistently made the WCWS and pulled Floreal from a bottom feeder SEC school that was coming off a 2nd place finish at the NCAA championships. Nobody gives a shit because it's softball and track/field but those were massive hires. Definitely bigger hires than Rhule when you consider the context. 

Like I said, Rhule did a great job at Baylor based on the context but a 19-20 record with no hardware doesn't compare to the other three coaches I listed. All 3 will win substantially more than what Rhule did at Baylor. 

Now do the math on revenue generated for the school and AD, the math on enrollment increases based on football success. 

I get your points, but at the end of the day the big 3 sports are key. That factors into the value of a hire. That isn’t CDC’s fault, but it’s reality. The hires are also more difficult because of the stakes. 

No one hangs their hats on their success in archery, equestrian, and meat judging except one shitty ass school we all know. 

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Posting this since guy had been brought up in discussions for Texas DL coach...

Ole Miss: Source tells FootballScoop Bryant defensive line coach Marquise Watson is expected to join Lane Kiffin’s staff. Chris Partridge is a mentor to Watson we understand, having coached him at Paramus Catholic. Watson spent the 2018 season assisting with the defensive line at Rutgers.

6thStreet just lost his content. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now do the math on revenue generated for the school and AD, the math on enrollment increases based on football success. 

I get your points, but at the end of the day the big 3 sports are key. That factors into the value of a hire. That isn’t CDC’s fault, but it’s reality. The hires are also more difficult because of the stakes. 

No one hangs their hats on their success in archery, equestrian, and meat judging except one shitty ass school we all know. 

I don't disagree and CDC's time here will be based on success in the Big 3 sports. I do think it's a good sign that CDC is 3/3 so far in hires. 

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't disagree and CDC's time here will be based on success in the Big 3 sports. I do think it's a good sign that CDC is 3/3 so far in hires. 

I mean, sure, that's a great statement. I totally agree. Anyone shitting on CDC at this point is a fucking retard, he's made exactly 1 misstep thus far, with plenty of positives. 

But lets not shit on the Rhule hire. The guy came into terrible circumstances and did so well above expectations he was poached by the NFL. Lets not shit on it.

And fuck baylor. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Chuckled.

lololol. 

This is as Stanco as it gets. Say something monumentally stupid and then disingenuously  back track as parts of it are proven wrong while trying to act like you were still right. 

No one is arguing with you that their Big 3 are better than ours at this exact point in time, but that wasn’t the extent of what you said in your original post. 

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Trust in shaka, pierce, and herman. Correct?

Yep. That’s exactly what I said. I see your reading comprehension is as on point as ever. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But lets not shit on the Rhule hire. The guy came into terrible circumstances and did so well above expectations he was poached by the NFL. Lets not shit on it.

And fuck baylor. 

Not sure how the hell this is even a debate.

And the dude did the same damn thing at Temple. His big problem was that pretty much everyone knew he was trending toward the NFL, and that was never NOT going to affect recruiting. 

• Like 1

Like I said, Rhule did a great job at Baylor based on the context but a 19-20 record with no hardware doesn't compare to the other three coaches I listed. All 3 will win substantially more than what Rhule did at Baylor. You can play the "Rhule took over a shitty situation" game but at the end of the day your resume matters to some extent. 

Is this Texasstrong not putting into context what Baylor had when he was hired?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, sure, that's a great statement. I totally agree. Anyone shitting on CDC at this point is a fucking retard, he's made exactly 1 misstep thus far, with plenty of positives. 

And fuck baylor. 

Thing is I'm not shitting on the Rhule hire. Based on the situation and the fact it's Baylor I would give it a solid B+ to A- type hire. The difference is the three Texas hires look like A+ hires if they keep producing like they have early in their tenure at Texas. 

It's like saying Quinn Snyder was a better hire than Steve Kerr because he took over a worse situation with the Jazz. While it's definitely true that Snyder has done a good job of turning around a franchise that was awful for 3 or 4 years prior to Snyder nobody would say it was a better hire than Kerr because hardware/results matter. 

One thing everyone can agree on is that if an AD has demonstrated an ability to find great hires in any sport, that is a very positive indicator that they might do the same for the Important sports.

It demonstrates they know how to network and run a process to find the best possible candidates - Unlike the Korn Ferry, coaching search committee bullshit that happened a few years ago.

• Like 4