2020 Coaching Staff

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Because believe it or not the NCAA does actually pay attention to Universities blatantly circumventing the rule about what coaches can and cannot contact recruits. Otherwise why not just have a team of "analysts" and a team of recruiters

point taken and yet we've pulled this sham with carrington going on the road twice now

Sham? The rules allow it if you have a coaching vacancy. It’s not like a team would fire a coach every year to be able to do it. We’re just making the most out of having to fire a coach.

The first time was because the NCAA added a 10th on-field coaching spot for all teams. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Because believe it or not the NCAA does actually pay attention to Universities blatantly circumventing the rule about what coaches can and cannot contact recruits. Otherwise why not just have a team of "analysts" and a team of recruiters

Yep...I guess they have to do something.

Well lets just hope a coach suddenly has a sick family member about two weeks before NSD.  The individual who replaces him on the recruiting trail can be an ace closer for boarder line recruits. A few months after NSD the coach with the sick family member returns to his duties, much to the delight of all involved. The individual who replaced him goes back to his old job of stuffing bags of cash.

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You know what you were doing. You made four posts specifically referencing the weak bullshit of “I know about you offline and people say you’re mean/crazy/whatever, hahahahaa nanny nanny boo boo, I know something you don’t know.” You did this after a dust-up in a couple of threads and your feelings got hurt. Congrats on the threat. 

I was playing in the beginning, but the mood all changed. You have 24,000 posts between this board and Shaggy. If you don’t think you have a visible digital footprint that a small research exercise and a little money can’t sort, let me know and I will happily disavow you of that illusion. 

There is no place for this kind of fuckwaddery on a board meant for entertainment, but if you want to see who has the conviction of their beliefs on things of this matter, I will happily join you in this tumbledown and then we can take our measure. I’ve already been through it. We can all be reached out and touched. Anyone condoning your behavior is ignorant and could also be disavowed of their illusions. 

*disabused

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Well lets just hope a coach suddenly has a sick family member about two weeks before NSD.  The individual who replaces him on the recruiting trail can be an ace closer for boarder line recruits. A few months after NSD the coach with the sick family member returns to his duties, much to the delight of all involved. The individual who replaced him goes back to his old job of stuffing bags of cash.

Planking talk not going away. 

3 hours ago, Stampeder said:

The interesting piece is why didn't TH simply elevate him to OC?  THs choice or Fedora just wanted nothing to do with us after this year.

Last year, Nahlin speculated that Fedora's input was being ignored. This was during the stretch when our offense was continuously shooting itself int the foot with playcalling.

Fedora on offense at Baylor will have the Baptists wishing Tape Fingers, Lebby and his fat wife were still in town.  I remember when Kevin Steele was in charge at Baylor. It was bad. He was hugging and sobbing on Mack's shoulder.   Is Dave Aranda a better hire than Steele?  Steele has done well at Auburn.  

Fedora on offense at Baylor will have the Baptists wishing Tape Fingers, Lebby and his fat wife were still in town.  I remember when Kevin Steele was in charge at Baylor. It was bad. He was hugging and sobbing on Mack's shoulder.   Is Dave Aranda a better hire than Steele?  Steele has done well at Auburn.  

Well most of them wish he never left, so that’s not really saying anything.

14 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Stampeder post 11248 which is two posts after the fedora to baylor post

I'm definitely not bitching about Fedora not being hired.  Of all the hires Herman has made during this reset of the coaching staff I'm most enthused about Yurcich.  I'm just asking the question about Fedora and the consensus on whether Herman didn't want him or Fedora didn't want to be on staff.  When it was published LF wasn't going to stick around I assumed he just wanted to enjoy his NC buyout more to fullest and only hung around here for a year to ensure his son got a start in the profession.  But taking the OC position at Baylor begs the question.

In terms of Fedora vs. Yurcich in terms of skins on the wall and a rep as an OC, I'm not sure the masses would consider Yurcich > Fedora.  I'm plenty fine with Yurcich, but it's not as is Fedora doesn't have plenty of skins on the wall and a good bit of it in the B12.  

3 hours ago, Stampeder said:

I'm definitely not bitching about Fedora not being hired.  Of all the hires Herman has made during this reset of the coaching staff I'm most enthused about Yurcich.  I'm just asking the question about Fedora and the consensus on whether Herman didn't want him or Fedora didn't want to be on staff.  When it was published LF wasn't going to stick around I assumed he just wanted to enjoy his NC buyout more to fullest and only hung around here for a year to ensure his son got a start in the profession.  But taking the OC position at Baylor begs the question.

In terms of Fedora vs. Yurcich in terms of skins on the wall and a rep as an OC, I'm not sure the masses would consider Yurcich > Fedora.  I'm plenty fine with Yurcich, but it's not as is Fedora doesn't have plenty of skins on the wall and a good bit of it in the B12.  

- Fedora was at Baylor in the early/mid '90s (under Teaff and Reedy).  As a team, Baylor was pretty mediocre then.  And that was a quarter of a century ago.

- The only other stint he had in the Big 12, until he came to Texas as an analyst in 2019, was from '05 - '07, as OC at Ok State.  They went 4-7, 7-6, 7-6.

What skins on the wall does he have in the Big 12?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

- Fedora was at Baylor in the early/mid '90s (under Teaff and Reedy).  As a team, Baylor was pretty mediocre then.  And that was a quarter of a century ago.

- The only other stint he had in the Big 12, until he came to Texas as an analyst in 2019, was from '05 - '07, as OC at Ok State.  They went 4-7, 7-6, 7-6.

What skins on the wall does he have in the Big 12?

Ok St offense rankings:

05 -- 97

06 -- 7

07 -- 22

I'd say that's a fairly impressive turnaround for an offensive coordinator and a large part of the reason he was hired as the HC at Southern Miss in '08.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stampeder said:

Is Fedora taking his son to Wacko too? I'd guess so. Fedora doesn't have to work so focus now on getting his son's career moving.

3 hours ago, NoName said:

that is a weird spot, looks like there were some posts after it was mentioned there were so few this month. 

zGEciSWK

You guys know there is a thread to post this crap or are you trying to turn this thread into a scat thread.. https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/605-shaggytexas-handover/

Edited by DanTheHorn