2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Panagos_Jim_web.jpg?width=300

That motherfucker has killed some people, and I don't meant like heroically in the service of his country. I mean more in the kidnap and tortured in his secret rape dungeon kind of way. 

That is the portrait of a psychotic attempting to imitate and project normal human emotion and expression to blend in with his victim pool. 

If Herman wanted to look at another Texas Alum, Rodrick Wright was retained as the Defensive Line Coach for UTSA. He has some P5 experience with East Carolina, and coached up what he was dealt. He's been coaching for 5 years, don't know much about his recruiting, but he was a stud while he was here.

https://goutsa.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1038&path=football

CHIEF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I think he's an great DC.  He's not a good recruiter or HC (much like Herman, he has a real hard time firing his buddies).  Louisiana is full of talent, so recruiting top level athletes is not hard there.

He's the only coach who held mighty 2009 Texas to less than 15 points and that's really saying something considering Nebraska might have had 110 yards of offense that day.  The defense was on the field all fucking day.  You can blame blocking or Colt or whatever you want, but somehow every other game except blowu and Alabama that Texas offense scored no less than 34 points.  Pelini had a plan and that defense executed it perfectly.  If not for Alex Henery kicking 60 yard fg's all fucking day, Nebraska wouldn't have scored a point.

TLDR

Great DC, excellent scheme developer of top level talent

Below average recruiter and HC

The way OU and NU matched up defensively was why they were the only teams that gave Texas problems and why Colt would have rolled Alabama. 

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

If Herman wanted to look at another Texas Alum, Rodrick Wright was retained as the Defensive Line Coach for UTSA. He has some P5 experience with East Carolina, and coached up what he was dealt. He's been coaching for 5 years, don't know much about his recruiting, but he was a stud while he was here.

CHIEF

uhhh who's gonna tell him?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

When did East Carolina become a p5 school?

I think he's an great DC.  He's not a good recruiter or HC (much like Herman, he has a real hard time firing his buddies).  Louisiana is full of talent, so recruiting top level athletes is not hard there.
He's the only coach who held mighty 2009 Texas to less than 15 points and that's really saying something considering Nebraska might have had 110 yards of offense that day.  The defense was on the field all fucking day.  You can blame blocking or Colt or whatever you want, but somehow every other game except blowu and Alabama that Texas offense scored no less than 34 points.  Pelini had a plan and that defense executed it perfectly.  If not for Alex Henery kicking 60 yard fg's all fucking day, Nebraska wouldn't have scored a point.
TLDR

Bullshit. That was all Suh.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

TLDR

It's easy to scheme when you stuff 3 extra defensive linemen into one pair of pants. Suh looked like the Kraken out there. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

It's easy to scheme when you stuff 3 extra defensive linemen into one pair of pants. Suh looked like the Kraken out there. 

I forget where I saw it, but Suh's sack total was comparable to Texas' and Alabama's totals that year. He was within a sack or two of both the national champion and the runner up. Of course, the 38 or so sacks he had in the Big 12 championship may have skewed his numbers. Either way, his season was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Bullshit. That was all Suh.

Give Pelini some credit for realizing that GDGD was incapable of throwing downfield that year, allowing him to play umbrella coverage with everybody sitting on short routes all game long 

7 hours ago, MoJames said:

Jim Panagos - Just hired under Shiano, so probably too hard to pry away. Here is his photo though.

Panagos_Jim_web.jpg?width=300.

Wow. He doesn't even look Cro-Magnon man or even a Neanderthal like Orlando and Ash. He's something much more early-primitive. More like Homo ergaster or even an Australopithecus.

I fully expect him to be our DC after Ash.

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Wow. He doesn't even look Cro-Magnon man or even a Neanderthal like Orlando and Ash. He's something much more early-primitive. More like Homo ergaster or even an Australopithecus.

Looks like Fred Flintstone, so whatever age that was.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That 2009 team had a ferrrrrcious O-line. The first team in NCAA history to start two lesbians up front.

spacer.png  spacer.png

I referred to that group as the choir boys which is ironic given the career path Chris Hall chose. It was a far cry from the days of Studdard, Sendlein, etc. Ulatoski, Huey and Hall were soft. I'm honestly surprised they didn't get Colt killed.

I was going to ask the board about this being a possibility last week. I didn’t think he had the teaching resume for it though. He should be a stud recruiter though. 

It would allow Giles to teach the whole line and McGuire to learn the teaching aspect of DL while covering Giles weakness as a recruiter
  • Like 1