2020 Coaching Staff

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

... Here’s where CDC needs to step in.  You don’t let this smug fuck face hire his new coaches.  You go to Joe Brady and give him 2-2.5 mil a year to become the OC.  You tell him he has full control of the offense and can hire the position coaches.  You tell him if he turns this offense around, we can Herman next year and promote him.   You tell Herman that he doesn’t have a say in the hires and his job is to be the CEO.  If he meddles, he’s fired next year. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

period!  Just like Herman he's learning on the job, in way over his head at Texas as was exemplified by his over exuberance in negotiating against himself last year and extending a contract that didn't need to be extended.  We won a lot of close games last year and caught lightening in the Sugar Bowl, that was a nice first step but it takes at least 2 points to form a line.  Only a very inexperienced AD would have acted that rashly.  Yeah CDC has proven he's a good carnival organizer improving gameday atmosphere for the fans, but that is only relevant if the fans keep supporting the product on the field, which mandates a quality product.  We don't have a  quality product and won't under herman.  will CDC act or waste money postponing the inevitable.  A seasoned AD would cut his losses and make the change immediately.  A mid-major AD who's learning on the job would be afraid to admit that he made a mistake by extending, and would try to buy time hoping that he can be proven right, only to fail again, at added expense one, two or God-forbid three years down the road. 

Yeah, well, I think you’re wrong. CDC is considered by many to be among the finest AD’s in college sports. Did he fuck up by extending Herman? Absolutely. Let’s see how things are addressed after the season.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, well, I think you’re wrong. CDC is considered by many to be among the finest AD’s in college sports. Did he fuck up by extending Herman? Absolutely. Let’s see how things are addressed after the season.

that's the gist of my post, only I find him guilty because of the extension until proven innocent

I’ve wondered this as well. His stops as oc at Rice and Iowa State were not exactly “set the world on fire” experiences. I watched the uh offense quite a bit when he was there and it was mostly Greg ward hero ball.
Major is a good OC if he is under center or in the shotgun. on the sidelines or in the booth, not so much.

4 hours ago, alphahorn said:

period!  Just like Herman he's learning on the job, in way over his head at Texas as was exemplified by his over exuberance in negotiating against himself last year and extending a contract that didn't need to be extended.  We won a lot of close games last year and caught lightening in the Sugar Bowl, that was a nice first step but it takes at least 2 points to form a line.  Only a very inexperienced AD would have acted that rashly.  Yeah CDC has proven he's a good carnival organizer improving gameday atmosphere for the fans, but that is only relevant if the fans keep supporting the product on the field, which mandates a quality product.  We don't have a  quality product and won't under herman.  will CDC act or waste money postponing the inevitable.  A seasoned AD would cut his losses and make the change immediately.  A mid-major AD who's learning on the job would be afraid to admit that he made a mistake by extending, and would try to buy time hoping that he can be proven right, only to fail again, at added expense one, two or God-forbid three years down the road. 

You are caught up on minutiae, the extension wasn't a bad move to show program support and stability.  Tom shit the bed this year so it looks bad in hindsight, but it can't be said he wasn't give all the tools and support needed to succeed.  

Where you are mistaken is the belief that a $10M buyout increased to $20M means much.  CDC will be the guy who fires Tom, but the decision to do so will come from those footing the bill.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Treefidy said:

You are caught up on minutiae, the extension wasn't a bad move to show program support and stability.  Tom shit the bed this year so it looks bad in hindsight, but it can't be said he wasn't give all the tools and support needed to succeed.  

Where you are mistaken is the belief that a $10M buyout increased to $20M means much.  CDC will be the guy who fires Tom, but the decision to do so will come from those footing the bill.  

where you're mistaken is believing money even at UT grows on trees. CDC is trying raise money for a plethora of projects right now and asking for money to buy out Shaka, then an extra $10 million because of his fuck up on top of the $10 is a problem. you also have it backwards, CDC will decide whether or not he wants to retain Herman, then will make his case to the donors.

16 hours ago, victory88 said:

Herman is a narcissistic and lacks self awareness.  But he’s not dumb.  He’s going to throw his staff under the bus to save his ass 100%.  Don’t think for one second he gives a shit about any of his coaches.  Here’s where CDC needs to step in.  You don’t let this smug fuck face hire his new coaches.  You go to Joe Brady and give him 2-2.5 mil a year to become the OC.  You tell him he has full control of the offense and can hire the position coaches.  You tell him if he turns this offense around, we can Herman next year and promote him.  

You tell Herman that he doesn’t have a say in the hires and his job is to be the CEO.  If he meddles, he’s fired next year. 

Lmao.  Sure Jan.

You're hypothetical is CDC to Tom:  We're hiring Joe Brady.  If his offense scores 40 ppg, you're fired and he's in.

That's not how that works.  That might take the cake for dumbest thing I've ever seen.  

• Like 4

Great Stuff about the current staff...  Thx for finding the following @satyanash.

Inside Texas Inside Scoop exerpt:

On top of his predictable offense, Herman's team is heavily penalized and exhibits poor fundamentals. In the middle of the Baylor game, I got the following text from the head coach of a Houston area high school:  "Texas CB's look like they have no clue. They are too talented to play like this. Kid (Jamison) was playing a catch tech on the last play (touchdown). The first rule in catch tech is to not back up, the second is don't give up the inside. The PI was a back shoulder and Green was playing press, but he never threw a jab to disrupt the timing and his length is his strength. He was playing a ghost tech (press but mirror the WR, aka mirror tech) which you ask smaller CBs to play against bigger WRs. They are playing with no confidence at the top of routes and it shows. They should be in positions to make plays and they are just trying to cover their man. Jamison has the best feet, he was better than Cook coming out, it just needs to be taught." Since the results are similar from position to position, I can only assume this is the level of coaching across the board.

Chris Del Conte has a huge, delicate task ahead of him. Currently he's gathering as much information about the program as possible. Of course he's hearing from boosters, many of which aren't too keen on shelling out millions for a giant stadium renovation to house the current product. He has to not only help Herman find new coaches, but also help repair relationships Herman needs in good standing to win next year.  Based on what I'm hearing from booster lines, I expect significant changes starting underneath the head coach, though check back on that in a week or two. From agent circles I've heard four names (at a minimum) of coaches who aren't expected to return. I'd take the over. Don't bother asking for names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also some necessary criticisms about the schemes of both offense and defense by Inside Texas contributor Coach Venable:  

Offense:  "We have too many plays where the guard thinks the tackle will pick up the defender and neither will put a hat on him. We have too many plays where the “read on the run” routes are busted and we wind up without a structured option available for the QB. We run a zone read option where the QB turns and watches the RB without carrying out any part of a fake keep to hold defenders. In other words, we do one helluva lot of disorganized actions that seldom add up to a successful looking organized plan.

I think it only fair to mention most of the individual players played hard on most downs but must add that very little passion was observed. It was more like going through the motions without any specific goal in mind. We just made too many mental errors and just as many physical mistakes. We don’t call plays that build off of each other. We also don’t do our blockers any favors with our predictability play-calling."

Defense:   "I have been critical for the biggest part of three years but yesterday broke my competitive spirit. Baylor lined up in a tight wing and we aligned our DL strength away from the wing and all DB’s off the LOS. We had a 4i for our last man on the LOS. He was outflanked by the OT, LOS–TE, and Wing. Baylor found that nugget too good to pass up and was untouched till he had a good head of steam built up—in fact, they liked it so much they did it a few more times and we obliged by adjusting the same unsound way.  I know, one riot, one Ranger but this yahoo actually believes he can out-think the offensive play-caller with masterful match-up calls but forgets defenses need to start the play with sound alignment and sound responsibilities. It’s getting very tiresome for this old “hoot” to watch offenses carve his ass up because he won’t or doesn’t think assigning responsibilities is as important as “learning” where to blitz from or to be able to recite (in his language) the exact terms he taught from.

We had effort. I wish I could say our angle problems have been improved but yesterday was as poor as we have had. We managed to commit about the same number of missed tackles as usual. We still don’t play smart football either. We don’t react instinctively nor do we exhibit fundamentals of the game. We are still learning exactly how deep we need to blitz from so that we won’t factor in making a play.  

We have guys that play the game the right way. They just need direction and a fair chance to be successful. We have basically schemed our two 4’s out of any chance of making a difference. Occupying blockers in order to free up LB’s to be active is canceled when both LB’s are statues long enough for the combo block to come off and pin or drive them into oblivion. We seldom steer the ball back into our noses who are actually good players.

Since we decided “coaching” LB techniques is over-rated we sacrifice them often by blitzing them with mugs and crosses. The sad part of that is we don’t come off the edge with our best edge stunter (Ossai) but instead run him right into a 300 pound biscuit eater at guard. We average about one sack a game from this strategy but considering we use it about 25 to 50 times a game it doesn’t have the shaving effect desired in this armchair.

Our secondary is full of five stars that aren’t even close to playing five star football. They have to learn all the exotic alignments and blitzes before they can qualify for scrimmage action. Has anybody not figured out that we like to blitz our DB’s—we even found a way to assign Ojomo manning up a flat route yesterday. This enables us to get maximum coverage out of our need to match call with our ringmaster slyly out-thinking their two step ahead approach.

Both sides of the ball need change in the worst way. The defense needs a new voice and direction. It’s amazing how much different I see the personnel on hand from the present staff.  Both inside backers are not productive in those positions. Ossai and Vaughns should be edge players. Overshown should be a deep MLB running both alleys from inside out. We need a straight running plugger as a middle backer in front of Overshown. Chris Brown is a second level player—either deep MLB or edge safety. Roach can play both SDE and a 3 technique. Graham, Ojomo, Sweat, and Coburn are inside techs (3 and 1). Bimage is a SDE or MLB plug.  Jones and Sterns are flexible safeties with the ability to accept several different assignments or responsibilities. The corners need situational guidance in the worst way. They are better football players than they are producing. We need to see if they will accept the challenge of playing both the island and active zone. Every DB needs a crash course on fighting for the thrown ball without reservations—intelligent interference calls should just be part of the job.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, victory88 said:

Herman is a narcissistic and lacks self awareness.  But he’s not dumb.  He’s going to throw his staff under the bus to save his ass 100%.  Don’t think for one second he gives a shit about any of his coaches.  Here’s where CDC needs to step in.  You don’t let this smug fuck face hire his new coaches.  You go to Joe Brady and give him 2-2.5 mil a year to become the OC.  You tell him he has full control of the offense and can hire the position coaches.  You tell him if he turns this offense around, we can Herman next year and promote him.  

You tell Herman that he doesn’t have a say in the hires and his job is to be the CEO.  If he meddles, he’s fired next year. 

I'm iffy about Joe Brady because he's not even the playcaller for LSU.

• Fuck You 1

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Stuff about the current staff...  Thx for finding the following @satyanash.

Inside Texas Inside Scoop exerpt:

On top of his predictable offense, Herman's team is heavily penalized and exhibits poor fundamentals. In the middle of the Baylor game, I got the following text from the head coach of a Houston area high school:  "Texas CB's look like they have no clue. They are too talented to play like this. Kid (Jamison) was playing a catch tech on the last play (touchdown). The first rule in catch tech is to not back up, the second is don't give up the inside. The PI was a back shoulder and Green was playing press, but he never threw a jab to disrupt the timing and his length is his strength. He was playing a ghost tech (press but mirror the WR, aka mirror tech) which you ask smaller CBs to play against bigger WRs. They are playing with no confidence at the top of routes and it shows. They should be in positions to make plays and they are just trying to cover their man. Jamison has the best feet, he was better than Cook coming out, it just needs to be taught." Since the results are similar from position to position, I can only assume this is the level of coaching across the board.

Chris Del Conte has a huge, delicate task ahead of him. Currently he's gathering as much information about the program as possible. Of course he's hearing from boosters, many of which aren't too keen on shelling out millions for a giant stadium renovation to house the current product. He has to not only help Herman find new coaches, but also help repair relationships Herman needs in good standing to win next year.  Based on what I'm hearing from booster lines, I expect significant changes starting underneath the head coach, though check back on that in a week or two. From agent circles I've heard four names (at a minimum) of coaches who aren't expected to return. I'd take the over. Don't bother asking for names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also some necessary criticisms about the schemes of both offense and defense by Inside Texas contributor Coach Venable:  

Offense:  "We have too many plays where the guard thinks the tackle will pick up the defender and neither will put a hat on him. We have too many plays where the “read on the run” routes are busted and we wind up without a structured option available for the QB. We run a zone read option where the QB turns and watches the RB without carrying out any part of a fake keep to hold defenders. In other words, we do one helluva lot of disorganized actions that seldom add up to a successful looking organized plan.

I think it only fair to mention most of the individual players played hard on most downs but must add that very little passion was observed. It was more like going through the motions without any specific goal in mind. We just made too many mental errors and just as many physical mistakes. We don’t call plays that build off of each other. We also don’t do our blockers any favors with our predictability play-calling."

Defense:   "I have been critical for the biggest part of three years but yesterday broke my competitive spirit. Baylor lined up in a tight wing and we aligned our DL strength away from the wing and all DB’s off the LOS. We had a 4i for our last man on the LOS. He was outflanked by the OT, LOS–TE, and Wing. Baylor found that nugget too good to pass up and was untouched till he had a good head of steam built up—in fact, they liked it so much they did it a few more times and we obliged by adjusting the same unsound way.  I know, one riot, one Ranger but this yahoo actually believes he can out-think the offensive play-caller with masterful match-up calls but forgets defenses need to start the play with sound alignment and sound responsibilities. It’s getting very tiresome for this old “hoot” to watch offenses carve his ass up because he won’t or doesn’t think assigning responsibilities is as important as “learning” where to blitz from or to be able to recite (in his language) the exact terms he taught from.

We had effort. I wish I could say our angle problems have been improved but yesterday was as poor as we have had. We managed to commit about the same number of missed tackles as usual. We still don’t play smart football either. We don’t react instinctively nor do we exhibit fundamentals of the game. We are still learning exactly how deep we need to blitz from so that we won’t factor in making a play.  

We have guys that play the game the right way. They just need direction and a fair chance to be successful. We have basically schemed our two 4’s out of any chance of making a difference. Occupying blockers in order to free up LB’s to be active is canceled when both LB’s are statues long enough for the combo block to come off and pin or drive them into oblivion. We seldom steer the ball back into our noses who are actually good players.

Since we decided “coaching” LB techniques is over-rated we sacrifice them often by blitzing them with mugs and crosses. The sad part of that is we don’t come off the edge with our best edge stunter (Ossai) but instead run him right into a 300 pound biscuit eater at guard. We average about one sack a game from this strategy but considering we use it about 25 to 50 times a game it doesn’t have the shaving effect desired in this armchair.

Our secondary is full of five stars that aren’t even close to playing five star football. They have to learn all the exotic alignments and blitzes before they can qualify for scrimmage action. Has anybody not figured out that we like to blitz our DB’s—we even found a way to assign Ojomo manning up a flat route yesterday. This enables us to get maximum coverage out of our need to match call with our ringmaster slyly out-thinking their two step ahead approach.

Both sides of the ball need change in the worst way. The defense needs a new voice and direction. It’s amazing how much different I see the personnel on hand from the present staff.  Both inside backers are not productive in those positions. Ossai and Vaughns should be edge players. Overshown should be a deep MLB running both alleys from inside out. We need a straight running plugger as a middle backer in front of Overshown. Chris Brown is a second level player—either deep MLB or edge safety. Roach can play both SDE and a 3 technique. Graham, Ojomo, Sweat, and Coburn are inside techs (3 and 1). Bimage is a SDE or MLB plug.  Jones and Sterns are flexible safeties with the ability to accept several different assignments or responsibilities. The corners need situational guidance in the worst way. They are better football players than they are producing. We need to see if they will accept the challenge of playing both the island and active zone. Every DB needs a crash course on fighting for the thrown ball without reservations—intelligent interference calls should just be part of the job.

Reading this makes me think that if Herman doesn’t want to fire both coordinators, he should be fired. The defense has done decent the past two weeks in terms of points, but that scheme is so, so fundamentally flawed. 

it’s depressing knowing the most likely scenario is a new OC with Orlando back and another year wasted. 

My best guess

Herman - stays
Hand OL - stays
Beck - out
Mehringer - out
Drayton - out and Bijan goes
Meekins - out
Warehime - out
OC/QB - new
WR/TE - new
RB/ST - new

Orlando DC - stays
Giles DT - stays but DT only
Naiver S - stays
LB - new
Washington - out, recruiting will hurt
CB - new
DE - new

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

My best guess

Herman - stays
Hand OL - stays
Beck - out
Mehringer - out
Meekins - out
Warehime - out
OC/QB - new
WR/TE - new
RB/ST - new

Orlando DC - stays
Naiver S - stays
LB - new
CB - new
DE - new

= 7-5.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

My best guess

Herman - stays
Hand OL - stays
Beck - out
Mehringer - out
Meekins - out
Warehime - out
OC/QB - new
WR/TE - new
RB/ST - new

Orlando DC - stays
Naiver S - stays
LB - new
CB - new
DE - new

Giles is not a DT coach at all. He’s at his best coaching the DE

23 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Two things:

1. 1-0 Culture, LLC.  Ugh.   

2.  Why bifurcate his salary with part to him personally and part to an LLC?   That seems strange for an employment agreement, and I’m not sure how it really benefits either party.  

MAH CULCHARRR!! 

The payments to the LLC would not be taxable as income to Herman until distributed to Herman as salary or dividends.  Thanks to Trump, corporations are taxed less than high-income individuals.  So he can pay less tax on the money paid to the LLC (assuming it has members other than himself) and distribute from it when he isn't "earning" millions in salary.

Edited by TwiceHorn

51 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I've been bitching about this since the OU game.  We still don't line up properly and/or adjust to the strength of the formation.  It's literally middle school football stuff.  Maddening.  

MAH CULCHARRR!! 
The payments to the LLC would not be taxable as income to Herman until distributed to Herman as salary or dividends.  Thanks to Trump, corporations are taxed less than high-income individuals.  So he can pay less tax on the money paid to the LLC (assuming it has members other than himself) and distribute from it when he isn't "earning" millions in salary.
If it's an S-corp wouldn't he have to distribute it all in the year the revenue was generated? I hope to hell he's paying himself 5mm a year in distributions. Would love to see him justify that to the IRS.

43 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

My best guess

Herman - stays
Hand OL - stays
Beck - out
Mehringer - out
Meekins - out
Warehime - out
OC/QB - new
WR/TE - new
RB/ST - new

Orlando DC - stays
Naiver S - stays
LB - new
CB - new
DE - new

That’s a nonstarter. If he stays, I will fly the damn banner into the Tower 

• Haha 1

I really don’t understand what argument can be made for Orlando saying.

I think Herman is going to be afraid hiring both an OC and a DC, and I think he believes Orlando is smart enough to adjust the scheme in the off-season. Not saying I agree, but I think that’s what Herman will think.

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:
MAH CULCHARRR!! 

If it's an S-corp wouldn't he have to distribute it all in the year the revenue was generated? I hope to hell he's paying himself 5mm a year in distributions. Would love to see him justify that to the IRS.

I don't know all the ins and outs, especially post tax travesty.

But I'm almost certain it's a vehicle to defer taxation.  S corp would make it essentially passthrough, but C would let it be taxed at the corporate level and then again when distributed, when in a lower bracket, the aggregate being lower than current 

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think Herman is going to be afraid hiring both an OC and a DC, and I think he believes Orlando is smart enough to adjust the scheme in the off-season. Not saying I agree, but I think that’s what Herman will think.

Hitching his wagon to the Todd Orlando 3 man front lol

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The piece by Coach Veneble is damning because it’s true.  Any of these idiots like Fozzz who think Orlando’s scheme is sound need to read that. 

It does seem like Orlando has been quite a failure 

• One of worst tackling teams nationally
  • Poor player development
  • LB group is the worst coached position group
  • Orlando's improper use of Overshown & Ossai is almost criminal
  • CBs are much better than Orlando's schemes show
  • Horns defense is ranked as one of the worst nationally in yards allowed per game

Not sure Baylor and Iowa State did us any favors by not scoring more points on the poorly coached Orlando defense....

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

MAH CULCHARRR!! 

Unless I'm misinterpreting your tax knowledge, I don't think this is correct. It's true that the salary paid to the LLC would be taxed at 21% (assuming Herman elected to have it taxed as a corporation), but any money that Herman receives from the corporation would be taxed again at individual rates. Therefore he wouldn't really get any benefit from the lower corporate rate.

I'm not really sure he set this up for tax purposes, as I'm not seeing any glaring tax benefits to this structure. Maybe for some legal reason? I'm certainly not a lawyer.

My best guess

Herman - stays
Hand OL - stays
Beck - out
Mehringer - out
Meekins - out
Warehime - out
OC/QB - new
WR/TE - new
RB/ST - new

Orlando DC - stays
Naiver S - stays
LB - new
CB - new
DE - new

Herman-stays
Beck-qb
Drayton-rb
Meh, meekins, warehime are out
We hire new OC + WR/TE coach
So that is -3+2

Orlando is gone. We hire ash to replace him keeping Washington, naivar, and Giles.
We add a LB coach or DT coach.

If Herman stays this would be best case/most likely scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Herman-stays
Beck-qb
Drayton-rb
Meh, meekins, warehime are out
We hire new OC + WR/TE coach
So that is -3+2

Orlando is gone. We hire ash to replace him keeping Washington, naivar, and Giles.
We add a LB coach or DT coach.

If Herman stays this would be best case/most likely scenario.

Ash is a DB coach. I know the DBs are playing below their capabilities, but there is no way they allocate 3 coaches to the position.

• Like 1

I just don't buy four assistants turning over. Herman hand picked this offensive staff and really believes what they're doing should work. He can rationalize keeping defensive staff members with the "improvement" over the last few weeks. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling we'll all be underwhelmed.

Wish list:

I actually don't think the offense is too far from working. Most of the problem is the predictability. Whoever is calling plays, relieve them of their duties. If it's Herman, offer Beck the chance to stay on but go get a play calling OC. If it's Beck, fire him outright. There are decent OC options out there that can mesh well enough with Herman's system. Fire Mehringer because he sucks and his players hate him. Hire Samples or have one of Beck/new play caller coach WRs. Fire Warehime because he's useless. Use his slot on a defensive assistant. Hand stays because he's shown to be a pretty good coach and Drayton stays because, while he's been a mixed bag, canning him is canning Bijan Robinson. That's a no for me dawg. Honestly, Herman is a fucking idiot if he fires Drayton right now

On defense, everyone needs to go except Giles. And if the new DC has a DL coach he wants to work with, Giles is expendable. Eveeything on defense aside from DL is legitimately as poorly or even worse coached than the Vance Bedford/Charlie Strong units. Sadly, Orlando feels likely to stay at this point.

Ash is a DB coach. I know the DBs are playing below their capabilities, but there is no way they allocate 3 coaches to the position.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about that. In that case one of wash or naivar leaves and we add a lb coach

I’m not a fan of ash getting the job but this seems like a decent probability.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, victory88 said:

That plan didn't work so well in "Any Given Sunday," did it Cameron Diaz?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Herman will be just like Mackovic and when asked to go get the best he took a guy that is already here to give us the finger. Larry Fedora will be the new OC next year. That is what artogant people will do. Already set it up today by calling him a mentor.

This 100%. He's got all his pieces in place and I would be shocked if he brings in anyone else.   He adds Fedora and Ash, with Beaty possible also.  Let's 3 guys go at very most.   More likely 2.    2021 will end up being another transition class  

He absolutely should be fired and replaced with the mercenary who will hold this class together and bring us a top class in 2021.  But that would be too smart a move for us.  

On 11/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, alphahorn said:

very inexperienced?

dude has been working in AD depts since the mid 90s and has been an AD since 06. he is many things but he is not "inexperienced" or "very inexperienced" - come on. 

9 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting your tax knowledge, I don't think this is correct. It's true that the salary paid to the LLC would be taxed at 21% (assuming Herman elected to have it taxed as a corporation), but any money that Herman receives from the corporation would be taxed again at individual rates. Therefore he wouldn't really get any benefit from the lower corporate rate.

I'm not really sure he set this up for tax purposes, as I'm not seeing any glaring tax benefits to this structure. Maybe for some legal reason? I'm certainly not a lawyer.

I wonder if his house is owned under the LLC,v then All house maintenance and bills and utilities and shit like that can be paid from the business money.  Maybe his wife is an employee of the LLC so any clothes and shit she can charge on the company card and she gets paid a small salary that is taxed at a low rate?  Would all that be legal? I have no idea how rich people shit works.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:21 PM, longhornmatt said:

Two things:

1. 1-0 Culture, LLC.  Ugh.   

2.  Why bifurcate his salary with part to him personally and part to an LLC?   That seems strange for an employment agreement, and I’m not sure how it really benefits either party.  

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/07/05/it-s-not-millionaires-hiding-money-inside-the-use-of-llcs-by-high-profile-cfb-coaches-from-its-roots-to-legal-protection/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Herman will be just like Mackovic and when asked to go get the best he took a guy that is already here to give us the finger. Larry Fedora will be the new OC next year. That is what artogant people will do. Already set it up today by calling him a mentor.

I think if he were like Mackovuc he’d make Larry the dc

I wonder if his house is owned under the LLC,v then All house maintenance and bills and utilities and shit like that can be paid from the business money.  Maybe his wife is an employee of the LLC so any clothes and shit she can charge on the company card and she gets paid a small salary that is taxed at a low rate?  Would all that be legal? I have no idea how rich people shit works.

I’d be using it to push that money offshore and say fuck off to the tax man.