2020 Coaching Staff

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

the job people take is not always the “best” one offered.  Is that hard to understand?  Chris Peterson could have had any opening in college football including Texas over a period of about 7 years. But he chose....Washington.  

He chose poorly [GIF]--at least as far as we're concerned.

2 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Because he thought he and Beck could make it work and they won 10 games.

No, that's not what you said.  You said Herman always someone else to run the offense even though he had to take over playcalling last year.

Because of the results at the end of the year, he arrogantly thought he could do everything and didn't look for someone to take over.  Now that this year went shittily, it is back to he wants someone else to call plays because he needs an excuse to keep his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Disagree; most coaches are dicks. Some coaches are pussies and think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because, pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes! And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.

Dicks fuck assholes too man... Dicks fuck assholes too..

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, runthebone said:

No, that's not what you said.  You said Herman always someone else to run the offense even though he had to take over playcalling last year.

Because of the results at the end of the year, he arrogantly thought he could do everything and didn't look for someone to take over.  Now that this year went shittily, it is back to he wants someone else to call plays because he needs an excuse to keep his job.

I thought the problem was that 3 people were coordinating the offense, creating a cluster fuck?

On 12/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, closetojumping said:

@Longhorn94

Not sure why it has taken this thread this long, but aren't you neighbors with some of the remaining staff members or some shit? Let's go, bud.

Sorry been traveling all week. I will check in tomorrow when I get home. But one of my neighbors will be one of the last to know and the other is immune so not sure how much he knows. I will report back anything interesting.

• Like 2

not true, i'd be very happy with Graham. Just doesn't sound like he wants the job

It doesn't sound like anyone knows anything other than he interviewed and hasn't openly accepted or declined.

The only thing it sounds like is he hasn't chosen to stay at USC, or it'd have been announced by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Again for 70% of this crowd, any hire will be the wrong hire.   The only thing that will work is canning Herman.  We’re at that point.  

It's hard to get away from the old adage A's hire A's, B's hire C's and some D's and C's hire F's. Now what do you think Herman is?  An A, B or C?

10 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

It's hard to get away from the old adage A's hire A's, B's hire C's and some D's and C's hire F's. Now what do you think Herman is?  An A, B or C?

You realize this is bullshit - right?  A’s make F hires - the difference is that they can acknowledge and move on from their mistakes. Sabin has made bad hires but he doesn’t let those people hang around long enough to fuck things up. 

Thats what we need from Herman moving forward. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

What in the hell happens to the poor B's?? They never get hired and now make up a substantial part of California's homeless population.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You realize this is bullshit - right?  A’s make F hires - the difference is that they can acknowledge and move on from their mistakes. Sabin has made bad hires but he doesn’t let those people hang around long enough to fuck things up. 

Thats what we need from Herman moving forward. 

I don't know this Sabin guy you refer to, but I will acknowledge that yes occasionally A's make bad hires and have the good sense to move on quicker than B's or C's would.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any mention of Jim Leavitt, but he's a free agent.  He was really hoping to land the S. Florida job, but that's not going to happen. In his 60s, that's becoming a tough sale to schools for a new hire any way. 

If given a choice between him and Ash, I'd lean Leavitt, Leavitt has the better right hook, allegedly

Edited by alphahorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Leavitt is probably the best defensive mind out there that's available.  I don't think he's too toxic to hire.  Since his incident, he's held DC positions as Colorado, where he made that team and Oregon.  

I agree - I brought up Leavitt earlier in the thread but it was being reported that he was desperate for the USF job. Now that it’s no longer a possibility I hope that we reach out to him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I agree - I brought up Leavitt earlier in the thread but it was being reported that he was desperate for the USF job. Now that it’s no longer a possibility I hope that we reach out to him. 

I agree with you then, he's a slam dunk.  That Colorado team absolutely collapsed after Oregon hired him away. He's too good to be doing nothing, and with his unfortunate background and his age, head coaching is probably not in the cards. but, he can be a solid well paid DC here for 5+ years

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Incident? Unfortunate background? Someone jog my memory...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Leavitt

On January 8, 2010, Leavitt was fired after an investigation by USF officials found that he had struck a player in the locker room during halftime of a game against Louisville the previous November 21. Leavitt claimed he was merely trying to console the player and never struck him. School officials found that Leavitt was not truthful about what happened, and also found that he had interfered with the investigation.[7] ESPN's Ivan Maisel reported that Leavitt's interference, which included telling several players and coaches to change their stories, was the biggest factor in the decision to fire him.[8] The Tampa Tribune reported that school president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard felt they had no choice but to fire Leavitt after he refused to admit he had done anything wrong.[9] Running backs coach Carl Franks was named interim coach of the Bulls[10] until January 14, 2010, when Skip Holtz was hired as head coach.[11]

On January 2011, a settlement of $2.75 million was reached between USF and Jim Leavitt. The settlement includes $2 million for "salary and benefits" as well as a payment of $750,000 "acknowledging Coach Leavitt's contributions to building USF's nationally respected football program." [12]

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Incident? Unfortunate background? Someone jog my memory...

Hit a player then lied about it.  Also, Cristobal fired him from Oregon.  He gave up a lot of points to the decent offenses he went up against as well.  No thanks for me.  I’d rather have Ash than Leavitt.  Well, I actually like Ash.  I mean tackling and covering receivers.  I like that.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hit a player then lied about it.  Also, Cristobal fired him from Oregon.  He gave up a lot of points to the decent offenses he went up against as well.  No thanks for me.  I’d rather have Ash than Leavitt.  Well, I actually like Ash.  I mean tackling and covering receivers.  I like that.

If we have assholes on the team already, we don't need assholes that will hit a player and lie about it.