2019 ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Helobious

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Greinke throwing a pretty good game sans the solo shots. Wonder how many pitches he'll get.

Hopefully a lot more. He’s been giving up hard contact all night, leaving him in would give the Yanks the best chance to extend their lead. Hou has a good bullpen.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

@UpperWestside that’s why I don’t bet on sports. Stanton already proved me wrong.

Ha. I do it only occasionally. Stanton guesses a good bit when he's struggling, but when he connects there is no doubt about where the ball is landing.

Just one game for the Savages. I will stick to them winning in six, but baseball is a funny sport at times. 

50 minutes ago, midtown said:

Called me shocked.. Really didn't see this coming but I'm loving it

I thought that this is the guy the Yanks could definitely get to. Tanaka, despite a mediocre regular season, has been very good in October so far in his career. 

The next two games could be brutal with Verlander and Cole starting. This is where the Yanks see how much they progressed from two years ago. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I just noticed game 3 is at 3pm on Tuesday. Who the fuck thought of that? Lots of competitive programming on Tuesday night? Jesus I might only be able to watch the last 2 or 3 innings if I’m lucky. Bullshit.

That sucks. I was hoping that you Yankee bandwagon fans would have delivered the prime time spot over an NLCS that fewer people care about.  I guess the league thinks NL game 4 will get better ratings than AL game 3. Seems unlikely to me, but I guess they can't give the AL every prime time slot. 

I just noticed game 3 is at 3pm on Tuesday. Who the fuck thought of that? Lots of competitive programming on Tuesday night? Jesus I might only be able to watch the last 2 or 3 innings if I’m lucky. Bullshit.

This seems to happen every year. Especially when there are both series on the same day. I remember watching Ranger playoff games when they were in the aLCS 2 years in a row in the afternoon during the week. I know game 5 of the 2010 ALCS against NY was on a Wednesday afternoon.

yeah, sucks for me too I'm in meetings out of town Tue & Wed.

Might develop gastric issues around 2:45PM on Tue...  " I'll just go to the room and tough it out."

Have a feeling that I might get a lesson in being careful what I wish for.

And I hate saying it but Jeter may have really fucked the Yankees when he just handed Stanton to them. He seems like a guy that will be injured more often than not over the course of the contract. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Lol at the butthurt astros fans mad at Judge for being hyped about homering off an unhittable pitcher in a playoff game. 

Nobody's pissed at Judge.

It was a great hit at a pivotal moment.  He SHOULD be pumped up.