2019 ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Helobious

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

That sucked, not surprised at all though. Chapman isn't remotely close to being a dominant closer. I really wished the current front office cared about putting a decent staff together. It was ridiculous that this series even went 6 games. At least they went out fighting.

I'm going back to Harlingen for Thanksgiving. You can bet your fucking ass I'll spend the late afternoons cruising up and down Ed Carey Drive, blasting Baby Bash and flying my oversized Yankee flag out of my back window. Hopefully that offends the snowflake Astros fans in town. 27 fucking championships. Yankees forever. 

penn jillette shut up GIF

On 10/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Helobious said:

I was still in high school the last time the Yanks won it all. The overwhelming majority of Astros fans have only been fans since 2015. They’ve never not seen their team be successful. They have no idea what it’s like to be a suffering sports fan.

angry will ferrell GIF

On 10/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, Helobious said:

I’m so confident that Encarnacion fucking sucks that if he gets even ONE hit the rest of the series, I’ll never post on the baseball board again. Ever. It’s out there in writing. 

Not only are you a fucking loser, but you’re a liar too. You’re an absolute embarrassment.  

Edited by Girdwood

13 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Suck it @Helobious. Suck it long and suck it hard! The Yankees won't win a WS this decade.

They won't even appear in a World Series this decade and the first time since the 1910s back before Boston traded Babe Ruth to them.  They also did not win a World Series back in the 1980s when they lost to the Dodgers in 1981 and didn't make it back till 1996.  That run from 1979-1995 with only one World Series appearance was the best ever. Hopefully we can get 7 more World Series without Yankee participation and replace it as the greatest 17 year run in the sport.

I never really followed the AL until the Astros moved over. Were the Yanks bad during the 79-95 drought? Or were they competitive, just couldn’t get over the hump. I love dealing them these antagonizing season-ending losses... 3 out of 5 years now. So sweet. 

Edited by oh_snap

5 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

I never really followed the AL until the Astros moved over. Were the Yanks bad during the 79-95 drought? Or were they competitive, just couldn’t get over the hump. I love dealing them these antagonizing season-ending losses... 3 out of 5 years now. So sweet. 

They only made the playoffs 3 times in that stretch, losing an ALCS, WS AND ALDS

Just now, oh_snap said:

I never really followed the AL until the Astros moved over. Were the Yanks bad during the 79-96 drought? Or were they competitive, just couldn’t get over the hump. I love dealing them these antagonizing season-ending losses... 3 out of 5 years now. So sweet. 

They fucking sucked, not so much in the beginning but 1989-1992 was the worst of it. From 1981-1995 they never even made the playoffs. The Boss getting his temporary lifetime banishment in 1990 allowed Stick Michael to build the foundation for what would become the late 90's juggernaut. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, Helobious said:

I was still in high school the last time the Yanks won it all. The overwhelming majority of Astros fans have only been fans since 2015. They’ve never not seen their team be successful. They have no idea what it’s like to be a suffering sports fan.

I just discovered this thread and am probably failling for a troll post but I point you to Albert Pujols and Brad Lidge giving me nightmares as a kid