2019 ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Helobious

This series is done. Lack of starting pitching was the chasm between these two teams. If I had to pick between the Nats and Astros I would say pick-em because Scherzer is the baddest man on the planet right now with a baseball. He and Strasburg are as amazing as Cole and Verlander. 

Made it to 37 games this year. Hope to see more next season. 

Edited by UpperWestside

One member of the Houston Astros has already blasted New York Yankees fans for their behavior in the ALCS, but the fan base might have reached a new low Thursday night.

NJ.com’s Brendan Kuty has reported that a group of Yankees fans seated around the visiting bullpen reportedly taunted Astros starter Zack Greinke in ways that crossed a line ahead of Game 4 of the ALCS.

Among the subjects thrown at Greinke were the right-hander’s well-documented struggles with anxiety and depression:

Chants digging at Greinke’s battles with a social anxiety disorder and depression rained down on the 35-year-old right-hander as he threw to a catcher.

Fans leaned over the concrete barrier between the stands and the bullpen and shouted insults about Greinke’s mother, too.

They also chanted “Donald,” Greinke’s first name.

Kuty declined to print the exact chants directed at Greinke, be he revealed on Twitter that they referenced prescription medications.

Police officers in the bullpen and bleachers reportedly ejected one fan for his behavior regarding Greinke.

Minutes later, Greinke opened the game with a shaky first inning in which he walked three batters, one with the bases loaded. Greinke finished with a line of 4 1/3 innings pitched, three hits allowed, four walks, five strikeouts and one earned run.

Yankees fans’ treatment of Greinke also appeared in T-shirt form ahead of the game, with one fan going so far as to have a custom T-shirt made about the pitcher’s wife.

Classy.

Astros had complained about Yankees fans throwing objects on field

The ugliness surrounding Greinke’s warm-ups came hours after Astros manager A.J. Hinch threatened to pull his team off the field if fans at Yankee Stadium threw debris onto the field as they had in Game 3.

Astros outfielder Josh Reddick claimed to have seen water bottles and baseballs thrown into the outfield on Tuesday, with Hinch claiming objects were also thrown into the bullpen.

“I will pull the team off the field if we get in that situation again where bottles are being thrown and balls are being thrown and it becomes unruly,” Hinch said. “There's other ways to support your home team, and this place does as good a job as anybody to trying to police that while also trying to create an environment that's all pro-Yankees.

“It would be a very ugly scene for baseball, a very ugly scene for the Yankees, if one of our guys was hit by something from the upper deck. Something tragic could happen and nobody wants that.”

It appears a certain set of Yankees fans opted to throw verbal garbage into the bullpen this time, and found yet another line to cross.

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bwhahahahhahahhahahahaha

Try and understand I do not care about the outcome. If I did I sure as hell would not be taking a group of Astros fans out tonight so they can celebrate in Manhattan. Baseball is awesome, but seeing people happy after a win is even better. 

Try and understand I do not care about the outcome. If I did I sure as hell would not be taking a group of Astros fans out tonight so they can celebrate in Manhattan. Baseball is awesome, but seeing people happy after a win is even better. 
Wut.

Your statement was dumb.

Laughed at it.

Hard.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

That’s very gracious of you. But still, suck it quasi-only-when-they-win-Yankee fan.