2019 ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Helobious

6 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Try and understand I do not care about the outcome. If I did I sure as hell would not be taking a group of Astros fans out tonight so they can celebrate in Manhattan. Baseball is awesome, but seeing people happy after a win is even better. 

Is this a Bill Little bit?  What's important is the friends we meet along the way?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Wut.

Your statement was dumb.

Laughed at it.

Hard.

Thanks.

You take all of this stuff seriously. Houston has the better team, by far. That's readily apparent to Stevie Wonder. Enjoy the Fall Classic. I'll enjoy watching it if I can and I'll be looking forward to next April. I just enjoy being around baseball fans. Hell the first game I ever went to was an Astros game. 

• Like 1

You take all of this stuff seriously. Houston has the better team, by far. That's readily apparent to Stevie Wonder. Enjoy the Fall Classic. I'll enjoy watching it if I can and I'll be looking forward to next April. I just enjoy being around baseball fans. Hell the first game I ever went to was an Astros game. 
who gives a shit. the first pro game I went to was a motherfucking Colt .45s game. I was at the first game in the Dome. fucking shitass tittybaby cretin fans Yankees won so fuck em. Fuck em in their chancerrific ass.

Still laughing because you don't get it. Go give Helo a handy

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:
45 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Read more  

Still laughing because you don't get it. Go give Helo a handy

I think you really need to just enjoy life and realize it is just baseball. Christ have fun and live life. Just enjoy baseball and remember it is a game. The older I get the more that sinks in and the less fucks I give about the outcome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I think you really need to just enjoy life and realize it is just baseball. Christ have fun and live life. Just enjoy baseball and remember it is a game. The older I get the more that sinks in and the less fucks I give about the outcome. 

Fun Fair and Positive baseball???

How bout we enjoy a game that uses the same fucking strike zone for both teams?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Because what's really important are the friends we meet along the way!

7 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Try and understand I do not care about the outcome. If I did I sure as hell would not be taking a group of Astros fans out tonight so they can celebrate in Manhattan. Baseball is awesome, but seeing people happy after a win is even better. 

You drugged the guy and skinned him, didn't you?

I tried, I can’t do it. I can’t fucking let Edwin Encarnacistrikeout dictate anything about my life, even something as meaningless as posting on an internet message board. I am a man of my word, always, when it’s convenient. I don’t feel bad breaking a bet I made only with myself. He literally has ONE fucking hit this whole series. ONE. As in one more than I have.

UpperWest is a good guy and a smart baseball fan, and his cuddles & rainbows outlook is one I wish I had in my frustrating life. I can’t just stand by & let the Astros fans eat him alive. You guys are jerks. I want the Astros to lose this series, and if not I want the Nationals to mudhole their ass and curbstomp Orbit on live television. I want to see a young Astros fan crying on TV. It would bring me joy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I want the Astros to lose this series

Understandable, a fan should be true to his team

and if not I want the Nationals to mudhole their ass

Go to hell

and curbstomp Orbit on live television 

I'm actually ok with this

Edited by clapclapclap

Boone does whatever the analytics team tells him. That’s why he’s there. Hence the puzzling lineups & the evident fact that he has zero feel for the game. He’s not getting fired anytime soon. As long as the Yankees make the playoffs and get a few extra games worth of ticket sales & concessions, the front office is more than happy. Embarrassing playoff performances be damned.

• Fuck You 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Helobious said:

He won’t play, and I’d be surprised if he plays again this series. They’re idiots for not ILing him now & calling up Voit or another arm. Instead they’re choosing to go forward with 24 players vs the Astros 25. But keep flaming away at all my takes regardless of their validity. 

EHLueJeXUAEz8-B?format=jpg&name=medium

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
4 hours ago, Helobious said:
Wow, EE getting bumped from the lineup should be a huge morale boost to the team. We’ll see what Stanton’s really made of tonight.

Didn't you say you'd stop posting?

It's funny. He was absolutely right about EE. EE was looking like dogshit. That one timely hit to kick Helobious off surly though. It's like he heard him talking shit. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

I tried, I can’t do it. I can’t fucking let Edwin Encarnacistrikeout dictate anything about my life, even something as meaningless as posting on an internet message board. I am a man of my word, always, when it’s convenient. I don’t feel bad breaking a bet I made only with myself. He literally has ONE fucking hit this whole series. ONE. As in one more than I have.

UpperWest is a good guy and a smart baseball fan, and his cuddles & rainbows outlook is one I wish I had in my frustrating life. I can’t just stand by & let the Astros fans eat him alive. You guys are jerks. I want the Astros to lose this series, and if not I want the Nationals to mudhole their ass and curbstomp Orbit on live television. I want to see a young Astros fan crying on TV. It would bring me joy.

Your kind words are cool boss. I hope you can get to where I got with sports. They are supposed to be enjoyed. I love baseball. It is ingrained in who I am. It is such a beautiful game. When I was younger I used to be like Scraps and go apeahit over this stuff and want to find opposing fans to shit on. That's not fun anymore. I used the be that fan. It's not a good look. 

I also want to say this. I think some Yankee fans went way too far in taunting Greinke before Game 4. I am all for giving guys shit and trashing them and messing with them like the Twins pitcher. I have said here that Greinke's battle with his anxiety would undo him. Well he went out and kicked New York's ass in Game 4.

There is nothing funny about a person dealing with depression and anxiety. I think Greinke is a damn fine human being and I wish him the best. It really hurt to see him being attacked like that before his start. Sometimes we should all take a step back and remember these are just guys like us living out their dream playing a game all of us want to still play. Talk shit and mess with the opponent, but no when enough is enough. 

Edited by UpperWestside

Meh. I'm no stranger to depression or anxiety. I've had exactly one panic attack in my life, and it was while I was pitching in a high school game. I don't even know what triggered it, it was the middle of some meaningless pre-district game, we were losing and they had 2 guys on base. A very random and innocuous situation. I just remember hyperventilating and dizziness, and thinking "I hope no one can tell that I can't breathe right now". I stayed out there and finished the inning, ran back to the dugout.  Felt like a badass after I calmed down. I survived it and no one was paying me millions, Greinke should be able to deal with it too. 

Does no one else think its insane 2 teams are going with a bullpen game in game 6 of a championship series? What the hell has Kevin Cash started. 

Your kind words are cool boss. I hope you can get to where I got with sports. They are supposed to be enjoyed. I love baseball. It is ingrained in who I am. It is such a beautiful game. When I was younger I used to be like Scraps and go apeahit over this stuff and want to find opposing fans to shit on. That's not fun anymore. I used the be that fan. It's not a good look. 

I also want to say this. I think some Yankee fans went way too far in taunting Greinke before Game 4. I am all for giving guys shit and trashing them and messing with them like the Twins pitcher. I have said here that Greinke's battle with his anxiety would undo him. Well he went out and kicked New York's ass in Game 4.

There is nothing funny about a person dealing with depression and anxiety. I think Greinke is a damn fine human being and I wish him the best. It really hurt to see him being attacked like that before his start. Sometimes we should all take a step back and remember these are just guys like us living out their dream playing a game all of us want to still play. Talk shit and mess with the opponent, but no when enough is enough. 

Damn you are dumber than I originally thought.

You do realize i laughed at your post because you claim Max is the baddest guy in baseball at the moment or some shit. That was an idiotic statement, and you can't honestly believe that.

Somehow that has turned into me going apeshit?

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Hear that, Scraps?  If you work hard and apply yourself, when you grow up, you can be like him!

They better do all their damage by the time Hicks gets up there. 5 black holes after him. 

For all the talk about how stupid the bullpenning idea was for the Yanks, I'm surprised no one is talking about how poorly the Astros hitters are doing. Yankee hitters (barely) have a higher OPS than the Astros in the series so far. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

They better do all their damage by the time Hicks gets up there. 5 black holes after him. 

For all the talk about how stupid the bullpenning idea was for the Yanks, I'm surprised no one is talking about how poorly the Astros hitters are doing. Yankee hitters (barely) have a higher OPS than the Astros in the series so far. 

you'd actually have to talk to astros fans or houston-based journalists to get this type of next-level insight.  that's literally all we're talking about on the astros thread.

the fox/mlb/espn guys concentrate on how the yankees are hitting, pitching, managing, thinking, how they spend their off days, and who the red sox players are rooting for.

• Like 1