TexArcher

Our final regular season record  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Our final regular season record

• 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5 or worse

9-3. That was my preseason prediction. As bad as Texas was, they are still pretty clearly superior to everyone else on the schedule.

I think ISU and Baylor are both wins, but there will be an inexplicable loss in there to Tech, who has been looking scrappier lately and will want to play spoiler, or KSU, who is well equipped to exploit Texas's defensive weaknesses and make them pay for the handful of critical dumbass bonehead mistakes/coaching decisions they make every game.

Still get to Arlington. Can't see how that's a win right now. OU is a better team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10-2, 9-3 at worst.  We’ll get to Arlington unless that third loss is to Baylor.  I think beating OU in the rematch is realistic, which would set us up for a (likely) Texas/Florida sugar bowl.  If we don’t beat OU, we’d be playing the bama/LSU loser in the sugar, as ou would almost certainly be in the playoff.

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

Every game will be a dogfight, expect maybe Kansas. We could just as easily go 7-5 as 10-2.

Miles will be pulling out all the stops.  we will win but he gave OU all they could handle for a half.  Pooka Williams in space is a disaster for our shitty tackling.

2 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

10-2, 9-3 at worst.  We’ll get to Arlington unless that third loss is to Baylor.  I think beating OU in the rematch is realistic, which would set us up for a (likely) Texas/Florida sugar bowl.  If we don’t beat OU, we’d be playing the bama/LSU loser in the sugar, as ou would almost certainly be in the playoff.

i think if UT/LSU, Burrow will skip it.

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i think if UT/LSU, Burrow will skip it.

The Texas defense made Joe Burrow millions in September. He'd make himself even more money with a surefire shredding of the Texas secondary being the last thing NFL scouts see. And it's not like there's any risk of getting hit given Texas has no pass rush.

• Like 1

I don't predict anything very well, but I said 9-3. We're not as good as I thought, and now we're diminished by injuries. Also, the Big 12 has teams that are not that far behind us in quality at the moment. I think somebody will get us. 

In the fourth quarter, I was thinking that I'd just as soon not play OU again this year. But after a day or so, I begin to think that playing them after losing to them is an advantage for us. If we're repaired and improved after the rest of the season, maybe we take them. 

Next year is the year for highest expectation. Seasoned talent. Maybe a coaching shake-up. 

I think we're in for some good games the rest of the season. I like how I feel now more than I did three or five years ago.

Hook 'Em!

Edit: I see that I largely echo Valmy. He's clearly some kind of a genius.

Edited by RomaVicta

I’m surprised how many people think Texas can sleepwalk through KU. Dallas felt the same way about the Jets. If we don’t show up for every game we have the chance of getting our asses kicked. If these guys are still hanging their heads after the OU loss, I could see this game being real uncomfortable for Texas. I hope Herman can turn them around but I would’ve thought these guys would be been amped for the sooners and they weren’t.

I’m nervous about home cooking in Waco at BU that seems to occur every other year. I think 9-3 or 10-2 depending on which Sam Ehlinger shows up (1st half LSU/OU Sam or 2nd half LSU/OU Sam).

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

1 hour ago, BornOrange1955 said:

I think we lose one more. Some team, can't say which one, will be super hyped and we won't be, and they will ambush us.

Baylor or Iowa State are the two prime ones if I were putting money on it.

The upside is both of them are playing decent football and have winning records, so we won't get blindsided by the record hanging around the .500 mark thing which lulls teams to sleep and the upsets occur (see some of our loses to K-State going back years)   Plus Iowa State plays OU sucks the week before and if there is a game on anyone's upset alert list,  this  should  be one of them since the last few years the Cyclones have given OuSux problems and even beat them in Norman.  Best scenario is they beat OuSux and come back to Ames and have a let down.  The two teams I was most concerned about getting beat  (or upset) by other than LSU and Ou Sux have already been noted as W's on our schedule at that was Okie State and WVU.  

I'd like to think we win out until the CCG, but I think we will get ambushed somewhere along the way.  We will still limp into the the CCG and get manhandled.  On the bright side, that should get us into the Sugar Bowl where we can finish the season 9-5.

On the even brighter side, It's only about 4 months until baseball season.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'd like to think we win out until the CCG, but I think we will get ambushed somewhere along the way.  We will still limp into the the CCG and get manhandled.  On the bright side, that should get us into the Sugar Bowl where we can finish the season 9-5.

On the even brighter side, It's only about 4 months until baseball season.

Thank god for basketba--- fuck. 

• Like 1

If I'm honest, I think we'll split the Iowa St and Baylor games and win the rest.  9-3 with a chance to win a bowl for another 10-win season.  And there's a chance that 6-2 still gets us into the CCG.
Agree on the 9-3 as well. However there will have to be numerous upsets for a 2 loss team to get in.

Tech, Baylor, ISU, and even TCU are capable of beating us.

On offense, we run the same set of predictable plays: swing pass for 2 yard loss, run up the middle for 1 yd, and badly under thrown heave downfield that is broken up. 

On defense, we run a 3 man front to nowhere, generate zero pressure, don't contain outside runs, don't tackle, and allow WRs to roam freely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not sure why any team remaining on our schedule scares anyone. We will be favorites in every game and heavy favorites at that. Baylor and ISU may be 3-4 point favorites. We haven’t played that well in 3 games and have managed 2-1. Our play will improve and we will get healthy. We are not finishing worse than 9-3. 8-4 would surprise and would be a significant regression in my mind. 

We’re 2 point favorites over TCU right now.

Can I take 9.5-2.5? Because I think that's where we're at right now. We're still better than everyone on our schedule save maybe Baylor if they have a good day at home. TCU, Ksu and Kansas shouldn't scare anyone. ISU isn't designed to beat us. Tech just isn't that complete of a team and we get them at home. 

Revised my preseason 10-2 (I thought we'd beat LSU and lose to Okie Lite) to a 9-3. So many injuries in the secondary and Sam looks like he's taken a couple too many hard shots.

I think winning out to the CCG is more likely than 8-4, though. Baylor's a paper tiger and we match up well with ISU.