TexArcher

Our final regular season record  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Our final regular season record

• 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5 or worse

I think they will lose at least one more and maybe two depending on the breaks.  Interesting to compare this poll with the one from mid-August where 14% predicted 12-0, 20% predicted 11-1, 44% predicted 10-2, and only 21% predicted anything more than two losses.  As shocking as it may seem, a few here may have been a little optimistic about our chances heading into this season.

Edited by Fozzz

24 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Time for an update.

Talk to me in two weeks. This shit-show is dynamic, not static. A snapshot tonight wouldn't accurately reflect either the fact that the heaviest lifting for this team is behind them, or the fact that they're just as likely to trip over their own shoestrings with the lighter loads.

I honestly think we come out of the bye week and play well enough to beat KSU at home.  Then do likewise the following week in Ames.  Then we have a trip to Arlington on the line when we visit Baylor in Waco, and I have no fucking idea how that will go.  Probably like the Kansas game.

Then we’ll probably finish our regular season with a win against tech.  

2 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

I honestly think we come out of the bye week and play well enough to beat KSU at home.  Then do likewise the following week in Ames.  Then we have a trip to Arlington on the line when we visit Baylor in Waco, and I have no fucking idea how that will go.  Probably like the Kansas game.

Then we’ll probably finish our regular season with a win against tech.  

You should stop thinking honestly.

• Like 2

I think we go 2-2 in the last 4 games.  This is a bad team (at least defensively) coached by bad coaches.  I knew nothing had changed when Orlando called another zero blitz, not leaving a single safety on 3rd and 14 with the game on the line.  He made the same mistake against LSU which cost us the game and he did so again against TCU.  

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I think we go 2-2 in the last 4 games.  This is a bad team (at least defensively) coached by bad coaches.  I knew nothing had changed when Orlando called another zero blitz, not leaving a single safety on 3rd and 14 with the game on the line.  He made the same mistake against LSU which cost us the game and he did so again against TCU.  

Hope we do because I think it will be worse. 

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Sam is a "once in a 10-15 year QB" for us primarily because our QB recruiting and development has been so bad for that long.  

Everyone else seems to understand the importance of this position except the Case McCoy Factory we have on the 40 Acres.

its is linked to the perpetual NOline tradition however, which makes even serviceable QBs look horribad.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:
21 minutes ago, Js1 said:
The defense didn’t throw 4 picks. Also blame Sam and the offensive coaching 

Sam knows he needs to score 50. That will certainly lead to throwing some balls he knows he shouldn't. And that 1 pick was on DD.

Well there's your argument right there... Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray both knew they needed to score 50 -- and they did.  THAT is generational talent.  Again, not a knock on Sam -- he's a very good QB, but Colt, Vince, THOSE are once-every-15-years QBs.

And speaking of blowU, I've heard the knocks on Lincoln Riley and the fact that he has had this string of QBs land in his lap and we still don't know what he's capable of coaching-wise.  Well, I've seen Spencer Rattler play, and he's good.  REAL good.  I fear another QB prodigy for them.

We are underdogs in all the remaining games : KSU has a real coach and enough video to beat us , ISU as well and Ames is tough for us for whatever’s reason, Baylor is no slouch particularly on D, and anyone can have their way on offense so that’s a loss as well.

Tech at home is our best shot, but they have a legit coach too and despite some poor talent, they beat Baylor at Baylor but the refs didn’t want that to happen. It wouldn’t be shocking to see Tech beat us. 

No adjustments and regression makes 6-6 or 5-7 the future.

Edited by El Squared

On 10/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, TexArcher said:

If I'm honest, I think we'll split the Iowa St and Baylor games and win the rest.  9-3 with a chance to win a bowl for another 10-win season.  And there's a chance that 6-2 still gets us into the CCG.

Ahhhhhahahahaha.  What an idiot!

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

KSU is going to be a big game, if we pull the upset we might just go 3-1 down the stretch.   Lose that one and the wheels have officially come off and 0-4 is most likely.  

get ready.  Kliemann is going to fuck our D up something righteous.  we aren't ready for this offense.  

8 hours ago, blackflag said:

Well there's your argument right there... Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray both knew they needed to score 50 -- and they did.  THAT is generational talent.  Again, not a knock on Sam -- he's a very good QB, but Colt, Vince, THOSE are once-every-15-years QBs.

4 olineman for OU drafted in the top 4 rounds last year, never been done before, might have helped Mayfield and Murray a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 7:43 PM, El Squared said:

Optimism 

i dunno, I'm sticking buy it.  As much as we are in the shitter right now, I can't see us losing to Texas Tech (insert jokes here).  I see us closing out a 7-5 and still getting the Texas Bowl bid.  At 6-6, we get LIberty Bowl bid.  For post being 3 weeks old, I'm still not that far off.  

9-3. That was my preseason prediction. As bad as Texas was, they are still pretty clearly superior to everyone else on the schedule.

I think ISU and Baylor are both wins, but there will be an inexplicable loss in there to Tech, who has been looking scrappier lately and will want to play spoiler, or KSU, who is well equipped to exploit Texas's defensive weaknesses and make them pay for the handful of critical dumbass bonehead mistakes/coaching decisions they make every game.

Still get to Arlington. Can't see how that's a win right now. OU is a better team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Idiot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk