10.14.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Mack Brown won the national championship in his eighth season at Texas. He won the Rose Bowl in his seventh season. He lost five in a row to OU in the run up to 2005.

Tom Herman took a program coming off its worst three consecutive seasons in history and has two bowl wins against SEC teams, one of which was the Sugar Bowl.

Losing to OU sucks, for sure. But lets not pretend this year, or next year, or even the next year is make or break for Tom Herman.

He's right on track.

I don’t know man. Winning the conference only twice in 20 years can’t be our standard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

We came out very unprepared offensively in both of these games.  2nd half offense adjustments were great.  Defense fucked us in both games by immediately giving up a back breaking TD. 

1st half LSU - 7 points on 208 yards
2nd half LSU - 31 points on 357 yards

1st half OU - 3 points on 88 yards
2nd half OU - 24 points on 282 yards

Did Tom talk about why we don't bother playing offense in the first half?

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Next year has to be the time Herman takes that next step. His first real recruiting class will be juniors, Sam will be a senior, and I don't know what ou has in the pipeline other than Rattler, and surely he can't be a Heisman winner in year 1 (I hope). 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

fuck, they'll probably just sign another big free agent, that seems to be their model now

Hurts is a good runner and a poor passer.  He had two bad turnovers and was lucky not to have two more.  Riley kicked our ass with him anyway.  Rattler will likely be better.

Fundamentally disagree with your premise that 'football is more important to OU than Texas'.  Its demonstrably false if you look at resources spent on coaching, facilities, etc.  

We spent 1.8mm on recruiting (OU spent 1.25mm)

Football had 144.5 million in revenue during 2018 which was almost as much as all of Oklahoma's athletic revenue.

facilities spending will also hike a leg and piss all over your premise.  

This isn't the politics board where you can throw out unsubstantiated opinions and have people agree with you.  You're wrong, you talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Hurts is a good runner and a poor passer.  He had two bad turnovers and was lucky not to have two more.  Riley kicked our ass with him anyway.  Rattler will likely be better.

Rattler will absolutely be better once he has a year under his belt. I don't think he's the second coming of Trevor Lawrence...unless I'm wrong. Fuck Riley. 

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Fundamentally disagree with your premise that 'football is more important to OU than Texas'.  Its demonstrably false if you look at resources spent on coaching, facilities, etc.  

Football had 144.5 million in revenue during 2018 which was almost as much as all of Oklahoma's athletic revenue.

This isn't the politics board where you can throw out unsubstantiated opinions and have people agree with you.  You're wrong, you talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded.

Money is the easiest thing to throw at a problem. It does not prove anything other than "Texas has and likes spending money".

Unless you think Texas A&M is a serious football program because they spent $75 million on their dipshit retread coach.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Barry Switzer, Dusty Dvoracek, Big Red Sports and imports, Joe Mixon, and Kennedy Brooks (mad many more) all tell your bullshit premise to go fuck itself. You’re absolutely, miserably wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And least we forget we put up some yards on the the Elite LSU SEC SEC Defense as well.  530 on them in fact to their 573..... If we had won, the narrative would have been flipped.

Which brings our offensive performance against OU sucks into even more of a question.  

Im just spit balling here. But, to your point. What caught my eye was how well the ou defenders were able to sniff out plays. In particular their breaks on the screens. They saw something, or someone tip the play prior to the snap. A DB leaving the flat wide open, (the easiest throw for a QB, especially the hot read) to commit on a play that hasn’t even started was telling to me.

5 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

His level of “pissed offness”?

NONE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Herman was just controlling his emotions.

Maybe it's because I was in the military, but it doesn't impress me to watch a grown man use aggressive body language and his best outside voice in a professional setting. He's either putting on a show, which is bad unless it's for a good reason, or he can't control himself, which is bad always. 
A man says what he's going to do and does it, or doesn't, and that's how you measure him. 

That was a piss poor game and Herman obviously needs to make changes, and he knows that. We'll see if he makes the right changes or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Maybe it's because I was in the military, but it doesn't impress me to watch a grown man use aggressive body language and his best outside voice in a professional setting. He's either putting on a show, which is bad unless it's for a good reason, or he can't control himself, which is bad always. 
A man says what he's going to do and does it, or doesn't, and that's how you measure him. 

That was a piss poor game and Herman obviously needs to make changes, and he knows that. We'll see if he makes the right changes or not.

You expressed that very well..

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Well, if we practice tackling, we lose half our team to injury. If we don’t practice tackling, we are healthy, but can’t tackle. What do ya do???

4 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Practice tackling properly

Ding, ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner.

33 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

You can disagree all you want. 

You'd still be wrong. 

• Like 2

just to add, I am not equating our program with A&M's, by comparing our general spending with their specifically necessarily stupid spending on Fisher

I am saying that A&M's spending on their coach no more proves they're a legit/serious football program than our outspending OU proves that we take football more seriously, or as seriously, as they do. Football is more important at Oklahoma. It just is. I wish that weren't the case (that we took it more seriously, although I'm not sure just how much more seriously I want us to take it-- I don't want us cheating or hiring Art Briles), it hasn't always given them an on-field edge or manifested on the scoreboard, but you have to win bigger at OU than you do at Texas. 

24 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Yeah, this get mad and show us how much you care  is stupid.  That is a very short lived way of handling disappointment.  I’m pretty sure he cares a great deal but how this loss affects how he handles this staff going forward is another thing all together.  I would be much more worry if he was freaking out and acting all angry.  

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

just to add, I am not equating our program with A&M's, by comparing our general spending with their specifically necessarily stupid spending on Fisher

I am saying that A&M's spending on their coach no more proves they're a legit/serious football program than our outspending OU proves that we take football more seriously, or as seriously, as they do. Football is more important at Oklahoma. It just is. I wish that weren't the case (that we took it more seriously, although I'm not sure just how much more seriously I want us to take it-- I don't want us cheating or hiring Art Briles), it hasn't always given them an on-field edge or manifested on the scoreboard, but you have to win bigger at OU than you do at Texas. 

Here man, let me help you out. I speak jive. What my brother is trying to say is Texas doesn’t play with their roster in the way other universities appear to do. We treat players who can’t crack the coveted two deep, a little different in Austin then they do other places. 

• Haha 1

Barry Switzer, Dusty Dvoracek, Big Red Sports and imports, Joe Mixon, and Kennedy Brooks (mad many more) all tell your bullshit premise to go fuck itself. You’re absolutely, miserably wrong. 

Oh, since we haven’t been caught cheating means they care more? Haha. Take a hint, agreeing with Dennison means you are wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Oh, since we haven’t been caught cheating means they care more? Haha. Take a hint, agreeing with Dennison means you are wrong.

Those examples are more about allowing violent sociopaths to remain on the football team than they are about cheating (other than the car dealer). UT wouldn't (and shouldn't) tolerate that. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Yeah, this get mad and show us how much you care  is stupid.  That is a very short lived way of handling disappointment.  I’m pretty sure he cares a great deal but how this loss affects how he handles this staff going forward is another thing all together.  I would be much more worry if he was freaking out and acting all angry.  

Herman better be riding his coaches butts this week after that bullshit blOU game...

David Dennison seems like a miserable sack of shit most of the time but he’s correct here. The team is doing very well going well for year three after the Strong fiasco. Things aren’t going to be perfect every week but the sky is not falling. You chicken Little’s whine like rabid aggy women on coke.

1.) It goes beyond money, which isn't an apples to apples comparison in a gross sense anyway. Poll alums, administrators, students, and faculty from places like Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. as well as places like Michigan, Washington, etc. on their priorities and where football falls. You'd see a divide and we all know what side of that divide Texas falls on. It's not a bad thing. At the end of the day, I want my football program to be an auxiliary to my university, not the other way around.

2.) I bet you whine and moan about peoole CRing threads with a straight face.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

The results on the field over the past 20 years while simultaneously allowing known pieces of shit to play (and the whole Big Red paying of players and giving Adrian Peterson a car) prove they care more. It’s not rocket science. They’ve demanded excellence in results. We’ve tolerated mediocrity.

I certainly don’t want to sacrifice integrity for wins, but I sure wish we demanded accountability. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Those examples are more about allowing violent sociopaths to remain on the football team than they are about cheating (other than the car dealer). UT wouldn't (and shouldn't) tolerate that. 

Exactly. I’d rather us pay players than keep Joe Mixons on the team, that’s without even talking about having such a lack of institutional integrity that they give the guy a redshirt year as “punishment” while making sure the video is hidden at all costs. Not that I think we should pay players. OU, its fans, administration, coaches, and players have no integrity. 

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

thats the passive aggressive way to blame it on player execution.  can't be on the coaches, we prepared the players for everything OU did.

i remember a mack beatdown when ou was running a statue-of-liberty delayed draw and they did it 10 times for 20 yards every time deep in to the second half before bagodicks called off the dogs.  that's what was going through my mind after the 3rd stunt sack.  did we not prepare for this?  if not are we going to adjust to do anything about it?  at all?  we're getting eaten alive by the same move over and over and over and over and over and over.

7 of their 9 sacks came from the stunts.   we clearly didn't adjust to stop it.  and i severely question therm's audacity to claim they prepped for it.

cdc, can you not see, the lack of, credibility?

"Caring more" is a lame excuse. All that matters when it comes to on-field performance is talent and coaching. We out-recruit them more often than not, so if anything we should have a slight talent advantage. We lost because they had superior schemes on both sides of the ball.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I turned it off when he said we did a good job of adjusting the protection at halftime to account for the stunts and twists. He either did not watch the second half or believes his own bullshit.

this.  or he he just doesn't care and is willing to shit on those of us who pay attention and count on us to eat it.  that attitude leads to billboards and airplane banners.

5 minutes ago, TXpride said:

"Caring more" is a lame excuse. All that matters when it comes to on-field performance is talent and coaching. We out-recruit them more often than not, so if anything we should have a slight talent advantage. We lost because they had superior schemes on both sides of the ball.

Over the last 10 years, we have not outrecruited them more often than not. That’s bullshit. 

They had a seamless transition from a long term coach to the next. It helps when you don’t let the coach decide he’s going to crash the plane into the mountain. 

Edited by Tex Pete

32 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The results on the field over the past 20 years while simultaneously allowing known pieces of shit to play (and the whole Big Red paying of players and giving Adrian Peterson a car) prove they care more. It’s not rocket science. They’ve demanded excellence in results. We’ve tolerated mediocrity.

I certainly don’t want to sacrifice integrity for wins, but I sure wish we demanded accountability. 

we did try but Mack Brown decided to pull a power play and fuck us for another 5 years. although I have to say thank god Charlie lost to Kansas because this University was in a really bad spot.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

we did try but Mack Brown decided to pull a power play and fuck us for another 5 years. 

That was because the powers-that-be decided being gentle on Mack Brown was more important than winning football games. OU did not afford Bob Stoops the same luxury. 

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

You post opinions disguised as facts. And you are wrong. all the time. It’s ok. Go sell self loathing elsewhere.

Everything I know about Texas leads me to believe that with regard to football, beating OU every now and then is OK, winning a conference championship every now and then is OK, and winning a national championship once every few decades is OK as long as the program keeps printing in money.

Money is more important than winning at Texas. That's not a secret.

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Mack Brown won the national championship in his eighth season at Texas. He won the Rose Bowl in his seventh season. He lost five in a row to OU in the run up to 2005.

Tom Herman took a program coming off its worst three consecutive seasons in history and has two bowl wins against SEC teams, one of which was the Sugar Bowl.

Losing to OU sucks, for sure. But lets not pretend this year, or next year, or even the next year is make or break for Tom Herman.

He's right on track.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Texas will win another national championship before aggy wins the SEC.

Mack should not be the measuring stick. Losing 5 in a row to OU is unacceptable. 2 conference  championships in 16 years is unacceptable. Comparing Texas to Agricultural and Maintenance is unacceptable. 

We are on track, however, Saturday was a step back.  Lets pray we get our shit together. We did not fire on all cylinders on Saturday. In large part due to coaching. Period.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm saying we can have both. We get the recruits, so why can't we have the coaches? We pay all this money for what, a decade of garbage, and being ou's bitch? It's not like ou is out there paying top dollar for all these recruits like Bama, and they have no problems making CCG after CCG. It's mind-blowing. 

It's almost as if we hire tier 2 coaches that don't have the drive/ego/ambition to win a NC, but just look good trying. Arrogant, but not ambitious. Paid well, but no killer instinct maybe.

DKR was the last one to fit that mold.

Empires crumble from within........

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BigSwingingD said:

Mack should not be the measuring stick. Losing 5 in a row to OU is unacceptable. 2 conference  championships in 16 years is unacceptable. Comparing Texas to Agricultural and Maintenance is unacceptable. 

We are on track, however, Saturday was a step back.  Lets pray we get our shit together. We did not fire on all cylinders on Saturday. In large part due to coaching. Period.

Are you sure it's unacceptable? It might be to you and it might be to me, but what evidence is there that it's unacceptable to the people who actually make decisions?

• Like 1

Im just spit balling here. But, to your point. What caught my eye was how well the ou defenders were able to sniff out plays. In particular their breaks on the screens. They saw something, or someone tip the play prior to the snap. A DB leaving the flat wide open, (the easiest throw for a QB, especially the hot read) to commit on a play that hasn’t even started was telling to me.
larry lacewell in da house

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Are you sure it's unacceptable? It might be to you and it might be to me, but what evidence is there that it's unacceptable to the people who actually make decisions?

Uh wait a minute, who here is thinking they are decision makers?

Yes its unacceptable. It SHOULD BE. What's your lame point ?

You must work at Bellmont.

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Uh wait a minute, who here is thinking they are decision makers?

Yes its unacceptable. It SHOULD BE. What's your lame point ?

You must work at Bellmont.

My point is that you are expecting a cultural change at the University of Texas that's probably never going to happen.

That's all. It's been like this for nearly 50 years. Maybe longer.

aggy IS your program you aggy OU brown nosing moron aggy.