2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

It's just weird going from 20 years of your best player being automatic at the free throw line to getting extreme anxiety every time you see your star at the stripe in clutch situations.

Bench looks really good and deep.  Carlisle won't know for a while who the starters should be, but I'm glad we have so many decent options.

7 minutes ago, fellside said:

It's just weird going from 20 years of your best player being automatic at the free throw line to getting extreme anxiety every time you see your star at the stripe in clutch situations.

Bench looks really good and deep.  Carlisle won't know for a while who the starters should be, but I'm glad we have so many decent options.

20 years old

7 minutes ago, fellside said:

20 years old

I know it was his first game, but KP and Powell aren't great together. Too little rebounding and Powell can't guard anyone. Glad they closed with Kleber and KP. It is nice to actually have a closing lineup that can stop somebody.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed on the free throws. When the Mavs were in their prime last decade (and the first part of this decade), they were great at free throws it seemed, especially from their star. Luka is not even close to being clutch at the line like Dirk was. Hopefully that changes because the ball is going to be in his hands a lot and he will be going to the line quite a bit because of that. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I know it was his first game, but KP and Powell aren't great together. Too little rebounding and Powell can't guard anyone. Glad they closed with Kleber and KP. It is nice to actually have a closing lineup that can stop somebody.

I think their theory is that Powell rim running while Luka and KP pick and pop will be an elite offensive unit.

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm really happy with how DFS and Maxi have started this season. Wright is that dude too. Man what a pickup. 

This is definitely the deepest Mavs team since 2011.

If we could just reallocate Hardaway's $18 million for someone actually worth $18 million, this team could be elite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Agreed on the free throws. When the Mavs were in their prime last decade (and the first part of this decade), they were great at free throws it seemed, especially from their star. Luka is not even close to being clutch at the line like Dirk was. Hopefully that changes because the ball is going to be in his hands a lot and he will be going to the line quite a bit because of that. 

Still room for improvement. The thunder and warriors have been obnoxiously good at free throws the last 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, fellside said:

This is definitely the deepest Mavs team since 2011.

If we could just reallocate Hardaway's $18 million for someone actually worth $18 million, this team could be elite.

Next year he’s an expiring contract.  Your best hope for improvement this year is Courtney Lee’s expiring $12m deal + our $11m trade exception.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, RexWilson said:

Bad 3 pt shooting down the stretch.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, TommyGufano said:

That's an understatement. 

I fucking love when it goes according to plan, but it got a little overly Luka-centric down the stretch. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Zepol87 said:

Terrible 3pt shooting. Damnit 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:06 PM, Bruh Man said:

Free throws bit us in the ass. 

16 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Luka gotta work on them free throws

16 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Free throw shooting the last two 4th quarters has absolutely killed us. This game should be over. 

Pretty much all this. They fell in love late in the Portland game with the 3, and stopped driving, and it bit them in the ass.  If it's not falling they need to be driving and getting fouls.

But that leads to the 2nd point, which is FT's. They hit even 80% on their FT's and they beat Portland going away, Denver too.

Gotta get that better.

15 hours ago, Flash said:

Meh, his first game back and only played the first half.  KP is already a much better rebounder than we thought he'd be, and it'll depend on the other starters.  Luka/KP/Powel is deadly offensively, so the 2nd unit can keep Brunson/Seth/THJ as their scoring punch.

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

By interesting you mean the biggest lock in the history of man. 

That would be John Wall and Chris Paul picking up their respective player options, but unless he balls out the rest of the year, it is certainly likely that Timmy will be on the books for $18m next year.