2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That last second 3- aside from what Howard did to get green open, why didn’t curry run right to him and foul him?  Mistake.  Why was klebar headed to the rim to defend lebron instead of finding someone (green) to guard at the 3 point line?  Mistake. 
refs and defense failed there. 

Kleber was a bad mistake, but Curry not fouling him wasn't. You would have an 82% FT shooter at the line or a contested 3 ball. 

Yeah there were some mistakes. Powell not hitting his FTs(that’s a team problem BTW, they shoe 69% from the stripe tonight and it’s not much better on the year, they gotta fix that)

The Mavs not fouling or just flat making Lebron take that layup was a huge execution mistake.

But that no call on Howard holding cost them the game. No doubt about it. Sucks. But it’s the NBA. They’re going to give teams like the Lakers extra love

Mavs had a foul to give on that final possession. Carlisle is starting to piss me off. His teams over the last 2 years have lost a lot of games like this where we lead pretty much the entire game then fall apart at the end. 

Also, find the coach who had our FT shooting at elite levels in the early 2000's and hire them back. We should be 5-0 if not for poor free throw shooting. 

Supposed to like he told them and they didn't do it or that he should have told them? 

Based on his post game comments the team didn’t do what he told them. But he didn’t want to throw anyone under the bus. At least that’s how I interpreted it.

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Mavs had a foul to give on that final possession. Carlisle is starting to piss me off. His teams over the last 2 years have lost a lot of games like this where we lead pretty much the entire game then fall apart at the end

Also, find the coach who had our FT shooting at elite levels in the early 2000's and hire them back. We should be 5-0 if not for poor free throw shooting. 

You do remember they were tanking the last 2 years right?  I can recall several games leading up to the Luka draft where he made a lineup change or play that was designed to lose the game.

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Glass half full view

1.  We are going to be a problem.

Yes we are. Gotta go 7-2 or at worst 6-3 over this next soft spot in the schedule...really pad the wins.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Based on his post game comments the team didn’t do what he told them. But he didn’t want to throw anyone under the bus. At least that’s how I interpreted it.

Me too.  He said he wanted them to foul and they didn't...so it's weird.

It really fucking blows that the refs had a huge hand in both of our losses. 

with that said, Portland went to the WCF last year and most experts expect the lakers to be there this year. It bodes well that the refs had to help both of those teams get out of Dallas with a win. 

we played like crap last night and still almost won. 

• Like 1