2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

15 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Seth Curry, a top 3-point shooter in the league, did not get a single shot all night. That just cannot happen. I don’t understand what Carlisle is doing with him. Set up some plays to get him some looks. 

I’m thinking Carlisle is trying to show MGMT that THJ ain’t fitting in, and has to go somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m thinking Carlisle is trying to show MGMT that THJ ain’t fitting in, and has to go somewhere. 

Who would take him?  It does no good to cut him.  I suppose we could send him home a la Carmelo and Houston last year, but that expiring could do us some good next year.

• Like 1

Porzingis, Morant and Brandon Clarke all out tonight. 

Kind of bummed the Grizz rookies won't be playing. Wanted to get a look at their game. 

Will be interested to see how RC handles front court rotations. I'm guessing we see some Boban, but mostly compensate with more lineups that have 3 ball handlers

ThAt knocks Gabe was horrible. It wasn’t even about Seth and the lineup.

They are horrible at blocking out and slow way too many second chance points.

They fall in love with the 3 and keep taking it when it’s not falling instead of driving fit easy buckets and fouls.

They can’t defend bigs that can shoot either. Particularly Powell.

Gotta sure up those things.

9 hours ago, Drew said:

ThAt knocks Gabe was horrible. It wasn’t even about Seth and the lineup.

They are horrible at blocking out and slow way too many second chance points.

They fall in love with the 3 and keep taking it when it’s not falling instead of driving fit easy buckets and fouls.

They can’t defend bigs that can shoot either. Particularly Powell.

Gotta sure up those things.

Did you have a stroke?

It's early in the year, but Porzingis has been pretty disappointing on both ends of the court. He plays so far from the basket on offense, which can be a benefit, but his TS% is at 51.8%. Defensiviely, he's had some great blocks, but our rebounding hasn't been all that stellar. I'd like to see Boban play a bit more as I think his defense would definitely help the team at least protect the rim and get rebounds, even if offensively he's not quite the best fit (his TS% and Offensive Rating are hilarious, however). 

Either way, we have to play Porzingis as his play will really drive whether this team makes the playoffs or not. 

18 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

It's early in the year, but Porzingis has been pretty disappointing on both ends of the court. He plays so far from the basket on offense, which can be a benefit, but his TS% is at 51.8%. Defensiviely, he's had some great blocks, but our rebounding hasn't been all that stellar. I'd like to see Boban play a bit more as I think his defense would definitely help the team at least protect the rim and get rebounds, even if offensively he's not quite the best fit (his TS% and Offensive Rating are hilarious, however). 

Either way, we have to play Porzingis as his play will really drive whether this team makes the playoffs or not. 

Man I hear ya but the dude hasn't played in the NBA for 2 seasons. There is certainly some adjustment to the speed of the game, the defense etc. It's easy to hit jumpers in practice with no one on you. He will get better. I don't think he can get back to all star level this year but next year onward you are looking at 2 Mavs as all stars with Luka starting. 

I will say his shot blocking is the part of his game closest to his previous level. Still has to work on shot selection, his D, and rebounding 

19 hours ago, CBT said:

Dallas has to be the worst Q4 free throw shooting team in the association.

If not the worst it's up there.  BIG issue with this team, and TBH if they hit their FT's late they win the Lakers, Nicks, and Portland games.

7 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I'm not concerned yet because I sorta expected him to be rusty coming out. If he's still like this mid December I might start to worry. 

Plus it looks like the flow of the offense with him just isn't good right now. Looks like it'll take some time for him to feel comfortable.