2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

I mean I guess I most strongly disagree with thinking THJ need more time and Curry needs less. I also think the Mavs would murder everyone you hold dear for the chance to have prime Dell Curry on this team, so acting like someone having Dell's game is a knock on them is ridiculous. And Powell as the finisher on lobs is the perfect complement to Luka. Let's see MORE lob city, not less. WTF.

Close to 15% through the season and we are starting to see where minutes need to be allocated. I've never seen an NBA team where 10 guys are averaging 20 minutes per game. We don't need part time starters we need a solid starting 5 with 3-5 key reserves and then the mop up duty crew

Who needs to play more
1. Wright-aka Pat Bev lite/ Solid defense, scrappy player gets loose buckets, can drop dimes 
2. THJ- next coming of Vinnie "the Microwave" Johnson/ best scoring option past Luka and KP, He should starts honestly
3. JJ- Puerto Rican Papi/Where the fuck is he? He gets visually buried on the bench behind You Rang's big ass. Ricky C can't see him I guess.
4. Kleber- the German Eduardo Najera/ active in defense, can hit open shots so stretches the floor

Who needs to play less
1. The "other" Curry- game more like his dad than his brother/ I get it he can shoot threes except he's not this year, he's listening to Foreigner Cold as Ice on repeat, other than the perceived sharpshooting he's a body getting in the way while the adults play
2. Dwight P-the understudy of Lob City/ He catches lobs and finishes. Congrats you can do the easiest thing in the NBA for a 7 footer
3. Brunson-the 6 second shot clock/ I'm a huge fan of his game. I thought based on last year he was going to lock down starting PG. Now he seems eager to prove that and jacks up every chance he gets. Because of it, his passing (his best attribute IMO) is gone
Yeah I gotta say I'm in almost complete disagreement.

THJ is a chemistry killer. He's like Harrison Barnes on the offensive end with less talent. The worst part is I feel like he's rubbing off on brunson.

I want to see more brunson. He was efficient last year post trade deadline. This year he's been forcing shots and involving teammates less, but in his defense I think he's often looked to as the main creator when he's on the floor. We need more of JJB who plays that role better.

DP and SC are the perfect PnR guys for Luka. Why we haven't used SC on PnRs is beyond me. He's one of the best in the entire league in PnR situations. And he needs more shots from beyond the arc. We know who he is from out there, why aren't we giving him that opportunity?

DW is getting about the right amount of minutes. His defense reminds me of jason Kidd. Very smart defender and baits passing lanes. But on offense he plays worse the longer he's on the floor- Trying too much to be creative. I think it's a product of his immaturity. Same with brunson.

Maxi- while he's acceptably effective from the arc it neuters his intensity on defense. We are so soft inside. I know we get blocks but we allow a lot of action in the paint too. I was hoping that would be a major point of improvement this year but it hasn't looked like it so far.

9 minutes ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

What a night for Luka and DFS. Spurs kind of suck and I love it. 

Man I just don’t know that they suck. They are definitely not good right now but I feel like they should be better than their current record. 

They out-rebounded us, took care of the ball better, had more points in the paint, and lost. 

Edited by LurkingHorn
  • Like 1

Congrats on the win tonight, Mavs. Game was closer than expected thanks to a near-career effort from DDR, but it's going to take more than that for SA to beat anyone right now, unfortunately.

Any chance y'all would be willing to trade him for Luka, straight up?

But seriously, looking forward to seeing what the "Eastern block" accomplishes this year.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Some talk that the Mavs are interested in trading for Blake Griffin. It would likely mean giving up Brunson and Powell.

Idk if I like that idea. Give me a lockdown defender first and foremost.

yeah, that's only a trade you make if you think you're a contender this year or next with Blake.